Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-02-2008, 09:23 AM
Harri Jaffa

Default United reveal extra January signing

http://sport.setanta.com/en/Sport/Ne...sign-Possebon/

United reveal extra January signing

by Tom Adams, 06 February 2008

Manchester United have confirmed that Rodrigo Possebon joined the club in January and that the Brazilian youngster has been handed the number 34 shirt at Old Trafford.

Possebon, described on United’s official website as a ‘tall, athletic holding midfielder’, has made the move to England from Brazilian club Internacional.

The English champions have been linked with a move for the 18-year-old since the summer but have now officially confirmed that Possebon is a United player.

“Sir Alex Ferguson has handed United’s number 34 shirt to Brazilian youngster Rodrigo Possebon,” read a club statement.

“The 18-year-old midfielder, who completed a transfer from Sport Club Internacional last month, is expected to keep learning his trade in United’s reserves, but will now be eligible for senior duty if required.”

Possebon appears to be a player in a similar mould to first team regular Anderson, and will also join teenage compatriots Fabio and Rafael in Manchester after they finally completed their protracted double move from Fluminense last month.

If Possebon requires any inspiration to make a name for himself amongst the European elite, he needs to look no further than former Internacional team-mate and fellow 18-year-old Alexandre Parto who has made a huge impact at Milan since his debut in January.

Never heard of him

Unread 07-02-2008, 09:47 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Another midfielder, just what's needed.

Unread 07-02-2008, 09:49 AM
MUFC One Love

Ask the youtube scouts.

Unread 07-02-2008, 10:15 AM
Part 36 Offer

someone posted about this guy about a month ago and then we heard nothing. It may have been whaley or possibly SAF?

If he is anything like Manny we have unearthed another potential world beater. Manny is the form striker in world football right now.

Unread 07-02-2008, 10:17 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Manucho, as I like to call him, is overrated.

Unread 07-02-2008, 10:18 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
slanderous. 50 whips of the cane to you...lay out your hand

Unread 07-02-2008, 10:19 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

No. I'm taking a stand against this hysterical bandwagon.

Unread 07-02-2008, 10:23 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Rubbish, the lad's like a black Eusebio.

Unread 07-02-2008, 10:36 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
its mainly just banter you old grump. He is a handful though (and not just on the pitch I hear )

Unread 07-02-2008, 10:37 AM
believe

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Rubbish, the lad's like a black Eusebio.

ps ferie out

Unread 07-02-2008, 10:38 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Just like you did with your constant criticism of Anderson, how'd that work out for ya, you miserable curmudgeon?

Unread 07-02-2008, 10:39 AM
Harri Jaffa

Are people seriously suggesting that Manucho is good enough based on scoring a few goals against shit defences.

Seriously?

I hope he does well, but you can't judge him on what he's done for Angola it doesn't really count.

Unread 07-02-2008, 10:39 AM
Mr_Ed

He could be the new Vieira - a bit like the Djemba twins. Or like Bellion - the "New Henry"...

Unread 07-02-2008, 10:40 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
He could be the new Vieira - a bit like the Djemba twins. Or like Bellion - the "New Henry"...
He could be £#%&!ing Van Nistlerooy meets inzagi and score 60 goals in next years CL but there is no way you can tell that yet

Unread 07-02-2008, 10:41 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
Are people seriously suggesting that Manucho is good enough based on scoring a few goals against shit defences.

Seriously?

I hope he does well, but you can't judge him on what he's done for Angola it doesn't really count.
get a grip man.

we are merely saying that he has some talent. He looks a handful. Very raw and some horrendous first touch moments but all in all not bad for 800k.

Black Eusebio etc How do you spell 'sense of humour?' ffs

Unread 07-02-2008, 10:41 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa

Seriously?

[SIZE="6"]black. eusebio.

Unread 07-02-2008, 10:42 AM
Qwertyuiop

Manucho > Apple pie & Ice cream.

Unread 07-02-2008, 10:43 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qwertyuiop
Manucho > Apple pie & Ice cream.
too £#%&!ing right

Unread 07-02-2008, 11:11 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
[SIZE="6"]black. eusebio.

Unread 07-02-2008, 02:32 PM
legendary saf

Thumbs up Possebon

Rodrigo signs in
Stuart Mathieson
7/ 2/2008

UNITED have added another Boy From Brazil to their Old Trafford foreign legion.

Rodrigo Possebon has been officially handed the No 34 senior shirt after signing from Porto Alegre-based Sport Club Internacional.

Eighteen-year-old Possebon had been scouted by the Reds in Brazil and has been finally signed up.

The fact he has been handed a first-team shirt number indicates Sir Alex Ferguson and his backroom staff's confidence in the teenager.

Though he will play mostly reserve team football for the time being Possebon has already been promoted to first team duty in training sessions at Carrington.

"Rodrigo is a tall, elegant midfielder who fits into the idea of a modern footballer," United's Academy director and reserve boss Brian McClair told M.E.N. Sport.

"He has very good ability and is a box-to-box player rather than your silky tricky midfielder. He's very steady.

"Our scout in Brazil John Calvert-Toulmin, who recommended our Brazilian full back twins Fabio and Rafael Silva, spotted Rodrigo and we have been impressed.

"His father is of Italian descent and so Rodrigo had an Italian passport. Because of that he is effectively European so all the paper work was sorted out easily.

"Rodrigo also speaks very good English which has helped him. That makes a big difference.

Settled

"He is young and has come a long way from his home to England but he has settled in very well. He's very level headed and we are pleased to have him."

Possebon joins an ever-increasing band of Portuguese-speaking Reds at Old Trafford, including Carlos Queiroz, Cristiano Ronaldo, Nani and his fellow Brazilian Anderson.

Manucho - another Portuguese speaker - will be on his way, red tape permitting, in the summer having conditionally signed a three-and-a-half year United contract.

He was a huge hit for Angola in the Africa Cup of Nations and scored arguably the goal of the tournament on Monday against Egypt.

The 24-year-old strapping striker, who is now on loan at Panathinaikos until the end of the season when United will pursue his work permit, scored four times for Angola and helped them to their first quarter-final ever.

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co....drigo_signs_in
Closed Thread