United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-03-2014, 09:04 AM
wiganste

Default Rooney *sigh*

300k a week. People saying he's having a good season. Is he really?
Just think of how many players earn that kind of money and where does he stack up against them?

His touch is as poor as ever and I'm £#%&!ing sick of his Hollywood balls and his shit free kicks. I'm not blaming him for yesterday, the buck stops with the cancer that is moyes, but he's leaving me totally meh this season.
And a player on that kind of money ought to be lighting up the stage, no?

Unread 17-03-2014, 09:07 AM
Switching Off

tbf he's not even earning £150k a week imho, but yeah, should be doing a lot better for that money. Crazy decision to reward his MOR form like that.

Unread 17-03-2014, 09:11 AM
The Watcher

Very difficult for any of our attacking players to show their quality under the current regime imo.

Unread 17-03-2014, 09:14 AM
ralph

Until we get energy and runners in central midfield RVP and Rooney will struggle. Our forwards need to improve still; and we lack pace in every department now.

Unread 17-03-2014, 09:15 AM
no fun

Chelsea have hazard who can change a game

The dippers have the racist

City have aguero, silva, and toure

On paper, we have wiggy and RVP.......but this season it hasn't happened

As ste says, this has to be down to moyes

Unread 17-03-2014, 09:19 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Very difficult for any of our attacking players to show their quality under the current regime imo.
I know. It's a shit thread really.

Unread 17-03-2014, 09:28 AM
believe

I agree that his performances have been sub standard of late but I mentioned last night, he is the only one on the pitch who looks like he could do something to turn the game. The trouble is like always, people focus on Rooney when he's the least of our problems.

Van persie last night was a disgrace and Adnan hasn't done anything of note for five months yet seems absolutely bullet proof to any criticism.

The only thing I can see it that Rooney will be here next season and will be captain and RvP will be gone. It's the only solution I can see too.

The ironic thing also, is that most of the people who won't get behind a player who is trying to good every week, are the same people who will tell me to get behind a manager who isn't.

Unread 17-03-2014, 09:29 AM
The Watcher

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I know. It's a shit thread really.
It’s just dire (the football, not your thread). Mata’s been one of the outstanding players in the League since joining Chelsea, but a couple of weeks under Moyes and he already looks lost. A repeat of what’s already been done to Kagawa – a playmaker shunted out wide and scandalously wasted.

RvP spent the last three seasons terrorising defences all over the country. Not a single @#%&! ever criticized his ‘movement’ or derided his lack of pace as he ruined one team after another. ffs, Arsenal were hilariously bad in 11/12 and he got them into the top four pretty much on his jack. Now look at him, isolated upfront with no service, played while injured with the manager & his mates slagging him off to the press pack to deflect attention from their own uselessness.

Carrick looks lost in midfield, the poor @#%&! being forced to play with that afro clown. £27m for him ffs. A joke of a signing. The forward play as whole is just disgusting. Slow, ponderous rubbish, which usually ends in a cross because there’s nothing going on in the final third. The defence is almost as big a joke. We’ve got a defensive manager who can’t organise a competent defence ffs. You have to laugh really.

Why is he still here

Unread 17-03-2014, 09:32 AM
dinger

Quote:
Agreed that this @#%&!s tactics (or lack of) is completely stifling our attacking players but Rooneys struggling to control a ball, his touch is poor and he certainly doesn't look like he's going to go on a scoring streak but then again no one does.
When he was younger his best asset was how he seemed to just explode at times with speed and aggression and absolutely beast defenders, it was pure instinct on his part but now he's that bit older and mature his games slowed he comes deeper and has more time on the ball which gives him those extra few seconds to think and to be honest I don't think he's intelligent enough to be that type of player, he needs to get the £#%&! up the pitch and do what he's great at. One of him or van Persie need to take a seat on the bench because this partnership hasn't and won't work, personally at the minute I'd play Rooney because RVP doesn't look arsed atm.

And no he's not worth the moneys he's getting paid.

Unread 17-03-2014, 09:36 AM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
but Rooneys struggling to control a ball, his touch is poor and he certainly doesn't look like he's going to go on a scoring streak but then again no one does.
Unlikely to improve when the squad spend all week doing defensive drills and bleep tests tbf.

Unread 17-03-2014, 09:38 AM
believe

Quote:
Unlikely to improve when the squad spend all week doing defensive drills and bleep tests tbf.
they probably have Mata doing legs two days before a match. Never seen a player go from looking so quick with and without the ball to someone who looks like he's running in a dream.

Unread 17-03-2014, 09:38 AM
dragflick

Quote:
It’s just dire (the football, not your thread). Mata’s been one of the outstanding players in the League since joining Chelsea, but a couple of weeks under Moyes and he already looks lost. A repeat of what’s already been done to Kagawa – a playmaker shunted out wide and scandalously wasted.

RvP spent the last three seasons terrorising defences all over the country. Not a single @#%&! ever criticized his ‘movement’ or derided his lack of pace as he ruined one team after another. ffs, Arsenal were hilariously bad in 11/12 and he got them into the top four pretty much on his jack. Now look at him, isolated upfront with no service, played while injured with the manager & his mates slagging him off to the press pack to deflect attention from their own uselessness.

Carrick looks lost in midfield, the poor @#%&! being forced to play with that afro clown. £27m for him ffs. A joke of a signing. The forward play as whole is just disgusting. Slow, ponderous rubbish, which usually ends in a cross because there’s nothing going on in the final third. The defence is almost as big a joke. We’ve got a defensive manager who can’t organise a competent defence ffs. You have to laugh really.

Why is he still here
Spot on all that. It's £#%&!ing mental how these players are being made to look shite. What a £#%&!ing mess this is. :shakehead:

Unread 17-03-2014, 09:42 AM
Aman27deep

When you play with no tactics whatsoever, pointing a finger at players is hilariously easy.

The beginning and end of every problem is David Moyes. Once he's gone (and consequently replaced by a non-Scottish, preferably non British competent manager) - all will be better, and you can quote me on that later.

Unread 17-03-2014, 09:45 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aman27deep
When you play with no tactics whatsoever, pointing a finger at players is hilariously easy.

The beginning and end of every problem is David Moyes. Once he's gone (and consequently replaced by a non-Scottish, preferably non British competent manager) - all will be better, and you can quote me on that later.
Racist bastard

Unread 17-03-2014, 10:06 AM
Zorg

Quote:

Why is he still here
This.

Unread 17-03-2014, 11:00 AM
Chipsauce

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
Agreed that this @#%&!s tactics (or lack of) is completely stifling our attacking players but Rooneys struggling to control a ball, his touch is poor and he certainly doesn't look like he's going to go on a scoring streak but then again no one does.
When he was younger his best asset was how he seemed to just explode at times with speed and aggression and absolutely beast defenders, it was pure instinct on his part but now he's that bit older and mature his games slowed he comes deeper and has more time on the ball which gives him those extra few seconds to think and to be honest I don't think he's intelligent enough to be that type of player, he needs to get the £#%&! up the pitch and do what he's great at. One of him or van Persie need to take a seat on the bench because this partnership hasn't and won't work, personally at the minute I'd play Rooney because RVP doesn't look arsed atm.

And no he's not worth the moneys he's getting paid.
This!

Rooney playing in the deeper role is having a huge affect on why we struggle to create next to nothing, he's simply not that player.

IMO RvP is the better player out of the two, so I'd play Rooney wide left where he played a large part of last season when fit. Trouble with that is Rooney wouldn't do it and would throw a strop as he did last year, so Moyes is £#%&!ed in more ways than one.

Rooney is a very good no9, an awful 10 and can do a job on the left. It really is a no brainer for every one other than Moyes and the Rooney fan boys to see.

Unread 17-03-2014, 11:04 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

If we had a different manager who had an attacking philosphy I think Rooney would be fine playing from the left as the forwards would all interchange.

Unread 17-03-2014, 11:04 AM
forwardirektion

Imagine Rooneys face if Fergie was put in charge for the rest of the season

Unread 17-03-2014, 11:08 AM
ScholesScoresGoals2

Quote:
Originally Posted by forwardirektion
Imagine Rooneys face if Fergie was put in charge for the rest of the season
I really dont think Fergie should come back if Moyes goes. Let move on, we aint winning shit this season so let Giggs take over for the last few games and go and get Klopp

Unread 17-03-2014, 11:31 AM
dunk

Thumbs down

He's been getting steadily worse since 2010. He's gone. £300k a week for 5 £#%&!ing years :shakehead:
Closed Thread