United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-02-2014, 03:03 PM
Zorg

Football Safe standing looking more realistic?

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/26079503

Quote:
Blackburn managing director Derek Shaw said standing areas could help solve the issue facing most clubs where sections of fans stand in seating areas.
"If the option is there and the circumstances are right and everybody agrees it is safe, and it is passed by the authorities, then I think standing areas are absolutely fine," he said.
Quote:
Margaret Aspinall of the Hillsborough Family Support Group, still opposes any plans to allow standing at football matches.

She told BBC Radio 5 live: "We have listened carefully to the arguments but, as far as the Hillsborough Family Support Group is concerned, we had a vote on this and it was a unanimous vote that there is no such thing as safe standing.
Oh well, as long as you had your vote, the rest of us can £#%&! off then?

Unread 07-02-2014, 03:05 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

but surely it was the police that caused it ? wish they'd make their minds up .

Unread 07-02-2014, 03:10 PM
andyroo

Quote:
19 of 20 Premier League clubs back the campaign.
:£#%&!er:

Unread 07-02-2014, 03:10 PM
Lok

There's no such thing as safe standing?!?!

So if one person is stood on his own on a terrace it wouldn't be safe.

Stupid self important cow.

This is happening whether they like it or not.

Unread 07-02-2014, 03:17 PM
ScarFace

dont worry. their view means nothing. it will happen and at anfailed too

Unread 07-02-2014, 03:18 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

I'm too old to stand now.

Unread 07-02-2014, 03:19 PM
Mr Castro

Quote:

Yep, the scousers are the moral bastions of society and they must have the only voice on issues like this.

I hope every team bar Liverpool gets a standing area, and the kop collapses anyway. Absolute @#%&!s scousers, every £#%&!ing one of them. 96 was not enough indeed.

Unread 07-02-2014, 03:25 PM
Tumescent Throb

"we had no choice, they took our seats away"

Unread 07-02-2014, 03:29 PM
forzagarza

There's no such thing as safe kitchen cupboards. All kitchen cupboards should be fully sealed up.

There's no such thing as safe paving slabs, they should all be attached to the ground or something

Unread 07-02-2014, 03:33 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
There's no such thing as safe paving slabs, they should all be attached to the ground or something
think liverpool would veto that, soz.

Unread 07-02-2014, 03:46 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
I'm too old to stand now.
I'm only 30 but feel the same. Would rather sit tbh

But I fully back the campaign, it seems ridiculous that you can't stand and watch a football match. Even the old terraces would be safe if they were all ticket and numbers were limited.

I'm surprised it took this long to get it this far.

Unread 07-02-2014, 04:24 PM
Sparky***

why does there have to be a universal vote? Standing sections aren't going to be compulsory and they're going to be for the home fans only, so the individual clubs should be allowed to ask their own fans to vote if they want it. Liverpool can do whatever they £#%&!ing like then and leave the rest of us alone.

Unread 07-02-2014, 04:28 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I'm only 30 but feel the same. Would rather sit tbh

But I fully back the campaign, it seems ridiculous that you can't stand and watch a football match. Even the old terraces would be safe if they were all ticket and numbers were limited.

I'm surprised it took this long to get it this far.
Old before our time reds!

Unread 07-02-2014, 04:31 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
Old before our time reds!
You Changed pubs and missed the 1st 15 minutes of the last game because there was no seats in there.

You're only 37 pal you should still be able to stand.

Unread 07-02-2014, 04:32 PM
Sparky***

The hillsborough justice campaign is like the £#%&!ing DFS sale, it never £#%&!ing ends.

Has nobody mentioned to these people when they pipe up about standing the small matter of the actual reason people got crushed - the £#%&!ing great steel fences at the front of the pens? Take the fences out and people would have simply spilled onto the pitch, regardless of standing.

Unread 07-02-2014, 04:35 PM
dunk

Quote:

She needs killing.

Unread 07-02-2014, 04:41 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The hillsborough justice campaign is like the £#%&!ing DFS sale, it never £#%&!ing ends.

Has nobody mentioned to these people when they pipe up about standing the small matter of the actual reason people got crushed - the £#%&!ing great steel fences at the front of the pens? Take the fences out and people would have simply spilled onto the pitch, regardless of standing.
Exactly. But they got rid of those, so they need something else to moan about.

I'm sick and tired of it. Why does anyone even bother asking these #@&%!s what they think? It's none of their business if another club wants to install standing areas. Yet every time they have to pipe up as if we all have to dance to their tune. £#%&!ers.

Unread 07-02-2014, 04:47 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
why does there have to be a universal vote? Standing sections aren't going to be compulsory and they're going to be for the home fans only, so the individual clubs should be allowed to ask their own fans to vote if they want it. Liverpool can do whatever they £#%&!ing like then and leave the rest of us alone.
That's not enough for the Scouse @#%&!s. They have to push their agenda on everyone else.

No other group would be able to get away with what they do. It's like the authorities just pander to them out of fear of upsetting them.

Most of them spend all game stood up in the Kop anyway, ffs.

Unread 07-02-2014, 05:27 PM
no fun

To me, a return to standing would be a direct insult to the memory of the 96 angels

Let's do it

Unread 07-02-2014, 05:37 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
To me, a return to standing would be a direct insult to the memory of the 96 angels

Let's do it
Pissing on the bloke infront of you to get that authentic terrace smell
Closed Thread