Originally Posted by Shooter McGavin
Scot backs scot shocker
And what a shocker he is

Unread 03-04-2014, 08:35 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shooter McGavin
Scot backs scot shocker
The two things go together rather a lot, tbh. Fergie was very much the exception

Unread 03-04-2014, 08:43 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
The thing is, if he stays, the absolute best he'll achieve is 4th.

For us that is £#%&!ing £#%&! but the owners, it'll mean he stays ANOTHER year.

Hope we lose the first 10 games so he is sacked or it's years of fighting for 4th ahead.
He'll end up dragging our expectations down so much that 4th will seem like an achievement. Like the way we're all chuffed we didn't get embarrassed by Bayern, that's his effect.

Unread 03-04-2014, 09:33 PM
jaybrightonboy

Before a couple of months ago I just wanted moyes gone , I felt a bit sorry for him as this has probably ruined his career. But the longer he's here the more I hate him, the f***ing scottish looser.
I still dont agree with people wanting him to die,, but £#%&! me this @#%&! has to go.
I f***ing hate you moyes now please just £#%&! off NOW

Unread 03-04-2014, 11:14 PM
S/Side.Red

Wouldn't mind a bit more of this in the general media

http://www.unitedrant.co.uk/latest/m...finds-its-way/

Unread 03-04-2014, 11:23 PM
Spock

serious question... i know Moyes is a cancer but do players of this standard actually take much notice of what he says?

Football is natural game so would players not just play they way they want to (bearing in mind what the coach has said) they will know what he says is %@#$&!s assumedly when it comes to playing a particular way, so why do they not just revert and play the way they know works best? he cant stop them when they are on the park??

I haven't played football since primary school so sorry if its not the case but have played a lot of rugby and you just adapt to the way the opposition play. if one style isn't working you change to what does. £#%&! what anyone else tells you? The players must know the set up is crap but they know each other so why not just do what they want to do

Unread 03-04-2014, 11:26 PM
Admiral

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Wouldn't mind a bit more of this in the general media

http://www.unitedrant.co.uk/latest/m...finds-its-way/
Good article. Get the negative £#%&!er out and get some positivity back into the club. Ferguson's big match negativity in the last few years was enough (though just about acceptable). Moyes can £#%&! off.

Unread 03-04-2014, 11:29 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
serious question... i know Moyes is a cancer but do players of this standard actually take much notice of what he says?

Football is natural game so would players not just play they way they want to (bearing in mind what the coach has said) they will know what he says is %@#$&!s assumedly when it comes to playing a particular way, so why do they not just revert and play the way they know works best? he cant stop them when they are on the park??

I haven't played football since primary school so sorry if its not the case but have played a lot of rugby and you just adapt to the way the opposition play. if one style isn't working you change to what does. £#%&! what anyone else tells you? The players must know the set up is crap but they know each other so why not just do what they want to do
It's not so much that Moyes gets them all together just before they run out and says "right lads, I want you all to be really, really negative today, got it?" It's what they practice, the drills they work on, everything they do over the course of the season, that's where you see the dead hand of Moyes - or conversely the more positive attitude of so many other managers who are constantly showing him up.

Unread 03-04-2014, 11:33 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
It's not so much that Moyes gets them all together just before they run out and says "right lads, I want you all to be really, really negative today, got it?" It's what they practice, the drills they work on, everything they do over the course of the season, that's where you see the dead hand of Moyes - or conversely the more positive attitude of so many other managers who are constantly showing him up.
But these guys are professional footballers. they know how to play as a team and what works or doesn't, surely? moyes can influence but cant dictate how they play??

Unread 03-04-2014, 11:35 PM
andyroo

Quote:
But these guys are professional footballers. they know how to play as a team and what works or doesn't, surely? moyes can influence but cant dictate how they play??
But see even when they have to turn the attacking stuff on it doesn't really work because they're out of practice at it, they can't just switch it on like a tap. Passes going astray, people making runs in the wrong directions, bad decision making, embarrassing farragos like that Fulham display.

Should they be doing their own training in their spare time behind Moyes and the £#%&!wits' back?

Unread 03-04-2014, 11:35 PM
Admiral

Quote:
If you want to see how a manager can dictate play, look at Bayern this week. They play exactly like Barca. Common denominator - Guardiola.

Unread 03-04-2014, 11:38 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admiral
If you want to see how a manager can dictate play, look at Bayern this week. They play exactly like Barca. Common denominator - Guardiola.
yeah, but it works. if its not working then why don't they just say £#%&! that joker, lets play this way lads?

Unread 03-04-2014, 11:39 PM
andyroo

Quote:
yeah, but it works. if its not working then why don't they just say £#%&! that joker, lets play this way lads?
That's what Tottenham are doing by the look of things.

Unread 03-04-2014, 11:44 PM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
That's what Tottenham are doing by the look of things.
surely if the players realise the way they are playing is not working (which has been the case so often this season) they just revert to what they know works? you dont become shit players overnight surely? or am i wrong, do they blindly follow what the manager tells them despite knowing its crap and not working? at that level??

Unread 03-04-2014, 11:49 PM
andyroo

Quote:
surely if the players realise the way they are playing is not working (which has been the case so often this season) they just revert to what they know works? you dont become shit players overnight surely? or am i wrong, do they blindly follow what the manager tells them despite knowing its crap and not working? at that level??
Well, that's why Rooney's charging around trying to do everything himself anyway.

I mean you don't blindly follow it but what we're seeing is the players losing confidence and not backing their own judgement, because hardly anything has worked. Look at Olympiacos when nobody would pass to Shinji.

The plan the other night worked because it was simple.

Unread 04-04-2014, 02:01 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He'll end up dragging our expectations down so much that 4th will seem like an achievement. Like the way we're all chuffed we didn't get embarrassed by Bayern, that's his effect.
yep.
that's pretty much the situation.

The only surprise is how quickly the majority seem to have accepted this chronic decline & how at ease the Club seem to be about it.
I don't care what other fans think or what other Clubs do, we should have acted with hysterical, impatient anger at the turn of the year when he conspired to £#%&! up all our domestic silverware chances and sacked the useless @#%&!.

He actually said the other night that it was a "good performance" against Munich ..we had 26% possession at home ffs
We're all but out of the competition & won't be anywhere near it again while we retain the services of David £#%&!ing Moyes yet he'll be sat at his Press Conference tomorrow like the cat that got the cream.

Unread 04-04-2014, 02:12 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
yep.
that's pretty much the situation.

The only surprise is how quickly the majority seem to have accepted this chronic decline & how at ease the Club seem to be about it.
I don't care what other fans think or what other Clubs do, we should have acted with hysterical, impatient anger at the turn of the year when he conspired to £#%&! up all our domestic silverware chances and sacked the useless @#%&!.

He actually said the other night that it was a "good performance" against Munich ..we had 26% possession at home ffs
We're all but out of the competition & won't be anywhere near it again while we retain the services of David £#%&!ing Moyes yet he'll be sat at his Press Conference tomorrow like the cat that got the cream.
that's what £#%&!s me off the most. He's a born £#%&!ing loser. One of life's losers. I cannot abide the @#%&!. He makes me £#%&!ing sick. I genuinely hate Ferie now for this farce.

Unread 04-04-2014, 02:24 AM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
that's what £#%&!s me off the most. He's a born £#%&!ing loser. One of life's losers. I cannot abide the @#%&!. He makes me £#%&!ing sick. I genuinely hate Ferie now for this farce.
It drives me up the £#%&!ing wall the way he celebrates 'routine' wins as though he's managed to prove himself a top class manager.
We get our arses handed to us by Liverpool & City in back to back home games ffs - Gifting them both 3pts in their pursuit of our title & yet he'll then claim a win against Villa at home is a sign of 'good form'

Unread 04-04-2014, 03:34 AM
Bunker Buster

Does this @#%&! keep you up at night MJ or you just a poor sleeper ?

£#%&!ing moyes.

Unread 04-04-2014, 04:34 AM
Argentina

Quote:
It's the whole atmosphere you create. I've been in the situation where I've railed against the management to play a certain way. I even had a clique of about 6 players who agreed with me, but I was the ring leader so they castigate you and put you down at every turn because you are questioning their authority and intelligence in the game. The other players down want that so they put their heads down and do as they're told.

Then you have the crew who will do what their told, so eventually you get a split. The players who want to play, can play, and derive great pleasure from playing become depressed and lose confidence from the alien nature of what they are being asked to do. Occasionally, they'll be able to knock it off, usually when they are extremely pissed off and play with some burning desire in that moment, but that doesn't last long and the overriding culture of negativity takes over again.

It usually starts with bad luck, losing games you should have won, by hitting the post, not getting a penalty etc, and then being hit on the break. Then it breaks you and comes to a point when you are just stuck in a sea of mediocrity, dying for a fresh start.
Closed Thread