United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-03-2014, 11:26 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I honestly don't think that matters, mate. Maybe at another club would feel the pressure and get rid .......but you have to understand the people you're dealing with. The people running our club (or the debt management company with the weekend football team, whichever you want to call it) could not give - and i can't stress this enough - could not give a flying £#%&! what the supporters think.

You can turn up at old trafford, sit in your seat, boo the manager, boo at the moon and call it charlie if you want - they won't bat an eyelid. As long as you keep turning up. We are utterly expendable and are nothing more than a means to an end, what we want and what we think is utterly irrelevant. Even lord Govan showed us exactly what he thought of us when he told us to all £#%&! off and support chelsea if we had a problem with what was happening at the club.

Quite frankly i'm staggered that supporters haven't vented before now to be honest. But then, most of them there are £#%&!ing morons.
I think it would make a difference - perhaps not a telling difference but I can't see how it won't hurt them at least a bit. United have created a whole branding industry surrounding their product - a product which has enjoyed 20 years harmonious success. Lack of success and negative images of supporter dissent isn't good for mister potatoe or the corporates %@#$&!s that united drive so hard.

Brands don't want to be associated with negative scenes nor do corporates want to entertain clients in that environment. They'll withdraw and that will massively hurt united. I imagine out of all the issues the club faces, not being in the champions league next year and our sponsors ability to re-negotiate their positions will be the most serious that moyes faces.

Unread 26-03-2014, 11:26 PM
no fun

Hang £#%&!ing on.....if arsenal finish 5th but win the FA cup, doesn't that mean that 7th place qualifies for the eurodisney ?

£#%&! that for a game of state sponsored murderers

Unread 26-03-2014, 11:28 PM
KenwrightsWallet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
I think we need to follow the fine example of his previous clubs supporters.

The majority laud his efforts for ten years and give him an emotional standing ovation at his last game. Then as soon as he starts having a hard time at his new club start calling him a w*nker, and talk about how you always wanted to get rid of the @#%&! the previous decade.

Sort of behave like snide Scouse @#%&!s in essence.
I can't speak for every blue but a large section myself included couldn't stand the man towards the end, I thought the carry on after the West Ham game was embarrassing, The min he was confirmed as the Utd manger he should have been out the door

Agree there has been a lot of hatred towards him since he left for Utd but football supporters in general are very fickle

Unread 26-03-2014, 11:29 PM
Mr Castro

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Hang £#%&!ing on.....if arsenal finish 5th but win the FA cup, doesn't that mean that 7th place qualifies for the eurodisney ?

Fortunately the runners up get the spot.

Hang on thought you said fourth.

No idea.

Unread 26-03-2014, 11:35 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Even lord Govan showed us exactly what he thought of us when he told us to all £#%&! off and support chelsea if we had a problem with what was happening at the club.
Do you really think that happened?

Unread 26-03-2014, 11:37 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
Do you really think that happened?
It did mate, I was in the Tie-Rack to the right of the confrontation...

Unread 26-03-2014, 11:45 PM
Billy Bigbollox

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Castro
Fortunately the runners up get the spot.

Hang on thought you said fourth.

No idea.
No, you're right the cup runners up will go in the Europa league

Unread 26-03-2014, 11:47 PM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Unread 26-03-2014, 11:47 PM
Bunker Buster

Thumbs up

Jack.

Unread 26-03-2014, 11:50 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Bigbollox
No, you're right the cup runners up will go in the Europa league
No if arse finish 5th they are in the eurodisney....if they win the FA cup as well does the 3rd eurodisney place go to FA cup runners up or 7th ?

Unread 26-03-2014, 11:50 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
He didn't say £#%&! off and watch Chelsea. His words were very poorly chosen but he was making the point that if people think United is expensive, then it's nothing in comparison to places like Chelsea.

Still a @#%&!, but he didn't tell people to £#%&! off and watch Chelsea

Unread 26-03-2014, 11:53 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
He didn't say £#%&! off and watch Chelsea. His words were very poorly chosen but he was making the point that if people think United is expensive, then it's nothing in comparison to places like Chelsea.

Still a @#%&!, but he didn't tell people to £#%&! off and watch Chelsea
Oh did, FC made a song about it....

Unread 26-03-2014, 11:59 PM
The Watcher

Disagree with Sparky. Jammy Dodger called it right earlier today imo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
From what I've read I think they've decided on sacking him after the Liverpool defeat, but wanted to blame the fans for it, hence briefing the press they're still backing him but they'd have to reconsider if the fans turned against him. They wanted that message out there. Then he won the next few games, so it's on the back burner.

As soon as he loses a couple, and the fans turn, he's gone. And it sounds like Giggs/scholes/Neville/butt will be taking over. Hopefully temporarily until klopp in the summer, but I fear not. In which case we'd have done it in reverse compared to when busby retired. O'farrel first followed by mcguinness.

I'd rather the fans didn't turn just for this reason. Force them to sack him, as they want, but not have the fans to blame for it.
Even Fergie mouthpieces like Neville & Scholes are taking public shots at him. They know he's done.

Unread 27-03-2014, 12:04 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun

We have a good chance of finishing below 7th, tbf

Unread 27-03-2014, 01:27 AM
ScarFace

No way. Everton always £#%&! it up when it counts.

Oh wait no they got rid of that £#%&!ing constant loser of a manager, so who knows.

Unread 27-03-2014, 01:42 AM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenwrightsWallet
The fact there will be no CL next season would surely force there hand

There in it for the money after all and without the CL gravy train there going to be out of pocket, They must know a bad start next time out could see them miss out again
The problem is, they'll have no problem making up the missing money, or making a big dent in it. Look at the shirt deal already signed - 60 million a year for Nike to make it, 53 million for Chevrolet's logo to be on it. Add to that a series of big-money summer friendlies, and Champions League money might not even be missed.

Unread 27-03-2014, 10:19 AM
barca99

How embarrassing if it does happen

Iv had enough embarrassment this season I cant take anymore! Don't blow it Arsenal

Unread 27-03-2014, 04:23 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
How embarrassing if it does happen

Iv had enough embarrassment this season I cant take anymore! Don't blow it Arsenal
If it is another nail in Gollum's coffin, all well and good.

And the embarrassment to Gooners would make it worthwhile, too
Closed Thread