United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-03-2014, 04:51 PM
The Return of JC

Isn't it possible that this is just what Neville actually thinks?

I don't agree with him at all, but it doesn't mean he has an agenda simply because he says he should stay.

Unread 02-03-2014, 05:00 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Isn't it possible that this is just what Neville actually thinks?

I don't agree with him at all, but it doesn't mean he has an agenda simply because he says he should stay.
no, that is not possible at all

if he's saying this then it must be a wum/vested interest because in reality everybody agrees with the majority view on here, it being the only possible way of looking at the situation. keep up.

Unread 02-03-2014, 05:05 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
no, that is not possible at all

if he's saying this then it must be a wum/vested interest because in reality everybody agrees with the majority view on here, it being the only possible way of looking at the situation. keep up.
Sorry. Slow day. Did City win the league cup too?

Unread 02-03-2014, 05:06 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
you are clearly wumming though, come on. Why they fall for it and argue i dunno.

There is no single reason to keep him in the job other than he currently has the job. Thats it.
i remember one time my mate sticking video killed the radio star on the jukebox on repeat. after a few plays someone turned it off, so my mate walked across the room, turned it on and put video killed the radio star on on repeat again. someone turned it off the second play. he did it again. they turned it off on the first play. he did it again and this bloke asked him to £#%&! off so my mate @#%&!ted him and put video killed the radio star on on the jukebox one more time and then walked out.

now i'd seen this happen twice before. he used to forget that he was only joking.

but no, i'm not wumming. i don't want moyes as the manager tbh, but now he is I want him to do well because i want united to do well. i'm a very patient man.

Unread 02-03-2014, 05:07 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Sorry. Slow day. Did City win the league cup too?
yes they did. it's like 1976 all over again.

Unread 02-03-2014, 05:11 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
i remember one time my mate sticking video killed the radio star on the jukebox on repeat. after a few plays someone turned it off, so my mate walked across the room, turned it on and put video killed the radio star on on repeat again. someone turned it off the second play. he did it again. they turned it off on the first play. he did it again and this bloke asked him to £#%&! off so my mate @#%&!ted him and put video killed the radio star on on the jukebox one more time and then walked out.

now i'd seen this happen twice before. he used to forget that he was only joking.

but no, i'm not wumming. i don't want moyes as the manager tbh, but now he is I want him to do well because i want united to do well. i'm a very patient man.
Everyone wants/wanted him to do well (well...Most people) but he isn't. At all. Most people are just making that point, really.

I wouldn't want my desire for him to do well to skew my ability to see that he isn't.

Unread 02-03-2014, 05:18 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Everyone wants/wanted him to do well (well...Most people) but he isn't. At all. Most people are just making that point, really.

I wouldn't want my desire for him to do well to skew my ability to see that he isn't.
This, in a nutshell.

I was horrified by his appointment, but still gave him a chance until the home game with Spurs.

That things have turned out just as I feared (worse, if anything) gives me absolutely no pleasure - but enough is enough

Unread 02-03-2014, 05:20 PM
Argentina

He will be given time. No doubt. He shouldn't have been here in the first place but hey oh, he is now. Sacking a manager in the first season/18months is a dangerous precedent to set and another reason to avoid it.

He doesn't have his own players out there, and whether we got a run to the semis or get knocked out by olympiakos, we were never going to win it or get 4th, so we're not in a position that is any different from the day after we were beaten by Sunderland.

Having said that, it's not hard to get a team to play, if you have the ability to create rapport, and build an atmosphere and philosophy that they enjoy being part of and working towards, which obviously Moyes hasn't done, and is maybe incapable of doing. Particularly one that suits our club.

Unread 02-03-2014, 05:21 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
This, in a nutshell.

I was horrified by his appointment, but still gave him a chance until the home game with Spurs.

That things have turned out just as I feared (worse, if anything) gives me absolutely no pleasure - but enough is enough
correct. I think it was the wrong appointment and most the of the concerns have been realised and then some. I didn't want him, but I still thought he'd do much better than this.

Unread 02-03-2014, 05:23 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argentina
He will be given time. No doubt. He shouldn't have been here in the first place but hey oh, he is now. Sacking a manager in the first season/18months is a dangerous precedent to set and another reason to avoid it.

He doesn't have his own players out there, and whether we got a run to the semis or get knocked out by olympiakos, we were never going to win it or get 4th, so we're not in a position that is any different from the day after we were beaten by Sunderland.

Having said that, it's not hard to get a team to play, if you have the ability to create rapport, and build an atmosphere and philosophy that they enjoy being part of and working towards, which obviously Moyes hasn't done, and is maybe incapable of doing. Particularly one that suits our club.
I don't think sacking him would necessarily set a precedent. It doesn't have to be the start of a theme and we can't let reality get in the way for some bullshit club ethos that we seem to see as noble rather than deluded.

Unread 02-03-2014, 05:26 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

good for you

i suppose it all depends on why you go and watch United tbh

one issue people have underestimated is how over the last decade United have become increasingly poor at managing (instead of playing) one-off matches as their focus on league formats was honed almost to autopilot ultra efficiency. Moyes appears to have attempted to continue that mindset, which is a shame. I'd love to see us become knock-out kings again, but if we are determined to go with the philosophy of managing games as oppose to playing them (if you see what I mean) then we really might as well have just got Mourinho in and be done with it.

red in cumbria

Quote:

It is, but may be the lesser evil in this situation.

S/Side.Red

The only precedent it would set is that if you come in and do a £#%&!ing awful job you get sacked.

This wouldn't exactly be up there with Del Bosque at Madrid, would it?

Unread 02-03-2014, 05:27 PM
irk

Quote:

it's hardly a precedent is it? it's not as if every club from that point has to follow suit every time they appoint a manager. it's a nonsense argument.

if he's not good enough he should be replaced.

Unread 02-03-2014, 05:30 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
good for you

i suppose it all depends on why you go and watch United tbh

one issue people have underestimated is how over the last decade United have become increasingly poor at managing one-off matches as their focus on league formats was honed almost to autopilot ultra efficiency. Moyes appears to have attempted to continue that mindset, which is a shame. I'd love to see us become knock-out kings again, but if we are determined to go with the philosophy of managing games as oppose to playing them (if you see what I mean) then we really might as well have just got Mourinho in and be done with it.

What has Moyes done to make you think that?

I don't think he has much of an approach at all. He looks completely lost and seems baffled as to why we're not winning, despite we're playing shit.

Unread 02-03-2014, 05:34 PM
ziggyman17

never wanted moyes... knew he would be a walking disaster... but he has out done my expectations of how bad he would be... I thought at worst we would be 4th, still in with a shout of a cup of 2, not 14 points behind 4th place and more or less season at a end first week in march, and in all his years of managing Everton he always had his team playing shit on a stick football and he has continued that at Utd.......

Unread 02-03-2014, 05:35 PM
S/Side.Red

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
never wanted moyes... knew he would be a walking disaster... but he has out done my expectations of how bad he would be... I thought at worst we would be 4th, still in with a shout of a cup of 2, not 14 points behind 4th place and more or less season at a end first week in march, and in all his years of managing Everton he always had his team playing shit on a stick football and he has continued that at Utd.......
Classic example of a manager out of his depth losing the dressing room almost immediately. Awful appointment.

Unread 02-03-2014, 05:36 PM
Argentina

Also, another reason not to sack Moyes now is that I would take another year of this if it means things cannot get much worse. Then we can have a season where a new manager builds a team who play good football as a priority while finishing 4th or 5th, with perhaps cup runs and then to kick on and win things again in following years.

But the key is we need to get back to playing good stuff. I don't have faith Moyes can't produce that. Still, he won't be gone until Christmas at the earliest.

Unread 02-03-2014, 05:38 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Also, another reason not to sack Moyes now is that I would take another year of this if it means things cannot get much worse. Then we can have a season where a new manager builds a team who play good football as a priority while finishing 4th or 5th, with perhaps cup runs and then to kick on and win things again in following years.

But the key is we need to get back to playing good stuff. I don't have faith Moyes can't produce that. Still, he won't be gone until Christmas at the earliest.
I think we are approaching that point already. Unless you think Moyes could actually get us relegated

Unread 02-03-2014, 05:40 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
I think we are approaching that point already. Unless you think Moyes could actually get us relegated
Exactly. I'd say we are doing badly enough to justify sacking him now. It doesn't need to get any worse.
Closed Thread