Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-09-2020, 12:01 AM
Vedder

Not £#%&!ing around are they.

Unread 02-09-2020, 12:08 AM
dunk

Nope.

Had his medical Sunday apparently. Talk of them doing a triple rollout of him, Chilwell and Thiago Silva for social media %@#$&!s.

Would be just like Woodward to be waiting patiently for Chelsea to announce this deal, breaking the British transfer record before we announce Sancho and take the record back think of the hits

Unread 02-09-2020, 07:11 AM
Curtis

Their attack is just ridiculous now.
Lets just hope the fading legs of a 35 year old centre back isn’t enough to fix their disastrous back line.

Unread 02-09-2020, 07:37 AM
windy waffles

They know to get transfers done that's for sure.

Unread 02-09-2020, 07:55 AM
Dr Stranger

Impressive buys, but that side still has holes in it. Chilwell is the one that seems to address an obvious flaw.

They've still got Giroud up top, there's question marks over keeper, centre back and there will now be big pressure on them and F£#%&! - a lot of that coming from our cockney media bigging him up so much.

They'll be expected to push for the title, but I don't think they're there yet.

Not £#%&!ing around transfer wise though, that's for sure.

Unread 02-09-2020, 08:04 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I'm trying to avoid all the nonsense this window since I'm not sure United will bother signing anyone (qualified for CL job done for the ££ counters). However, if/when this lad signs how much have Chelsea spent? That's before a new keeper.

Pressure on Frank next season. No excuse not to be challenging for the title. Not sure his Derby tactic of getting 5 of his players to nobble the opponents best player in the first 10 mins will work all the time (against the better teams).
Agreed.

Lampard simply has to deliver now. Just top 4 isn't enough really. Hoping Chelsea doing this shocks Utd into actually doing a bit in the market. Couple more and whilst United aleays have pressure and the spotlight we might actually be able to quietly go about our business on the pitch with the pressure on others. Liverpool, City and Chelsea.

Unread 02-09-2020, 08:09 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Agreed.

Lampard simply has to deliver now. Just top 4 isn't enough really. Hoping Chelsea doing this shocks Utd into actually doing a bit in the market. Couple more and whilst United aleays have pressure and the spotlight we might actually be able to quietly go about our business on the pitch with the pressure on others. Liverpool, City and Chelsea.
If years of underachievement didnt spark us into action, I doubt Chelsea making signings will.

We'll do what we do.

We rarely don't spend, but we rarely get exactly what we want.

I can see VDB and maybe one other at a push. £50-£100m spent.

If we get the right players in, I'd rather that than sign any old shite just because we 'need players'. We don't. We need quality. We're 4 or 5 players away, but we've also seen the impact a quality upgrade can have in Fernandes.

Hopefully VDB will do likewise in that Fred/Matic role.

Do the same for CB, RM, Striker and LB, even if it takes 3 or 4 windows.

Unread 02-09-2020, 08:28 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

If we get the right players in, I'd rather that than sign any old shite just because we 'need players'. We don't. We need quality. We're 4 or 5 players away, but we've also seen the impact a quality upgrade can have in Fernandes.

That is a good point. I think the numbers can be over played at times. It only takes 1 player to transform a team at times. Like you say look what Fernandes did for the team. It's not just his involvement his goals, it's his influence.

Get another 1-2 of the right players in and we might do something.

Jamie Carragher made reference to it. That one player can change a team.

Liverpool have shown if you buy well, and they've done it from some top coaching tbf you can do it. We are buying slightly bigger names but I do think we should be copying their path.

Unread 02-09-2020, 08:48 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
That is a good point. I think the numbers can be over played at times. It only takes 1 player to transform a team at times. Like you say look what Fernandes did for the team. It's not just his involvement his goals, it's his influence.

Get another 1-2 of the right players in and we might do something.

Jamie Carragher made reference to it. That one player can change a team.

Liverpool have shown if you buy well, and they've done it from some top coaching tbf you can do it. We are buying slightly bigger names but I do think we should be copying their path.
Yep. I remember Carragher making that point too. He referenced Suarez, didnt he? Took them from 4th-6th to pushing for title, with his own quality but also how the others around him elevated their game.

4-5 is a projection in terms of what we need right now. It'll change and you rarely look at any squad and think 'yep. Perfect.'. As we solve some issues, new ones will occur (this time last year, many of us thought the defence was sorted. Now, you could make a case that only Maguire in the whole back 5 is an automatic pick).

All we can do is work within the restrictions each window and not look to compromise. I would honestly rather sign nobody than sign for the sake of it. The panic buys and mega contracts we've dished out have killed us these last few years. It's why we can't shift half the shit now. We can't afford to go down that route again. Even if it means leaving ourselves short in the short term. We did it last summer with Dybala and not replacing Lukaku and it turned out fine too.

Not every signing will work, of course, but we have to keep following the template we have for the last 3 windows: quality, the right age, the right character and something to prove, however long that takes.

Unread 02-09-2020, 08:59 AM
Mr_Ed

They’ll be a good side. Looks like top 3 is sorted with us, Arsenal and Spurs going for 4th.

Unread 02-09-2020, 11:03 AM
Scholseyfanforever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
If years of underachievement didnt spark us into action, I doubt Chelsea making signings will.

We'll do what we do.

We rarely don't spend, but we rarely get exactly what we want.

I can see VDB and maybe one other at a push. £50-£100m spent.

LOL.. You're a nice patient fellow.

VDB is not a CDM.. He's gonna be more of a backup for Bruno/Pogba.

And we'll have a lot more holes to fill in 3-4 windows.

Unread 02-09-2020, 11:20 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scholseyfanforever

VDB is not a CDM..
He's gonna be more of a backup for Bruno/Pogba.

No, but neither is Fred and he'd been starting in that 3rd position alongside Pogba and Bruno.

I expect him to be starting, not back up.

Unread 02-09-2020, 11:29 AM
windy waffles

Quote:

No chance he signed to be a backup.

HTH.

Unread 02-09-2020, 11:35 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Is he £#%&!

He's a top tier player..

Unread 02-09-2020, 11:45 AM
utd99

It doesn’t matter how we label new players or speculate where/how they fit in - if they work hard and perform well they’ll become first choicers very quickly under Solskjaer. With proper competition certain players will realise they can’t pick and choose when they fancy it. Fernandes seemingly became the first name on the team sheet after about three games.

Unread 02-09-2020, 11:58 AM
Dr Stranger

Whenever I see the name Kai Havertz, I think of long-serving Sky commentator Guy Havord.

MOTWYW.

Unread 02-09-2020, 12:06 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
They’ll be a good side. Looks like top 3 is sorted with us, Arsenal and Spurs going for 4th.
Ffs

Unread 02-09-2020, 06:44 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
That's the spirit.

Unread 04-09-2020, 04:39 PM
bosskeano

80m + 20m in add-ons.....he's going to be there 6th signing of the summer and pushes their spending to over 200m

for all their defensive issues, they've gone crazy heavy on buying attacking players. It'll be interesting to see how Fat Frank deals with having 7 forwards in the squad

Unread 04-09-2020, 05:46 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by bosskeano
80m + 20m in add-ons.....he's going to be there 6th signing of the summer and pushes their spending to over 200m

for all their defensive issues, they've gone crazy heavy on buying attacking players. It'll be interesting to see how Fat Frank deals with having 7 forwards in the squad
Poor Tammy Abraham
Closed Thread