United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 15-09-2022, 09:34 PM
armchair

First high possession win of the season. Evolution.

Unread 15-09-2022, 10:10 PM
Red_Rizla

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
Starting to look like Ronnie's days have gone pen aside) he really is starting to look like an old guy wondering around the pitch

They have some decent players but we are showing them how a good football team plays football. utd look like a pretty decent team, not that the opposition is any cop.

Like a philosopher?

Unread 15-09-2022, 10:23 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter13
FT: She 0 - MU 2
Thanks Peter.

Unread 16-09-2022, 12:21 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Thanks Peter.
An invaluable addition to the forum, nqat.

Unread 16-09-2022, 01:13 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Proper Pecsi Munkas. Job done though.
Proper goal from sunbed.

The start of the road to Rotterdam.

Unread 16-09-2022, 03:55 AM
shenwen

Keep waiting for Ronaldo to turn it on once again. Not going to happen is it?

Eriksen and Martinez our best players. Controlled the game. Still feeling weird to have a centre back who is comfortable on the ball.

And Malacia looked better at RB

Unread 16-09-2022, 07:36 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
First high possession win of the season. Evolution.

Was thinking likewise but don’t think they’ll be doing much of that in the PL… yet. Encouraging signs and game management though. A bit more of Erik’s “process” and a couple more recruits and we might be looking like a team.

Unread 16-09-2022, 09:59 AM
wiganste

As comfortable as it could ever be.

Would have liked to see us score a few more but the players aren't gonna risk anything at this stage of the season with the WC just around the corner.

Still want us to win this trophy so bad - a few days in Budapest in the summer for the final is the stuff of dreams

Unread 16-09-2022, 10:24 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

Eriksen and Martinez our best players. Controlled the game. Still feeling weird to have a centre back who is comfortable on the ball.

We wait for years then two come along at once. A full-back and a striker in January and there's a trophy to be had this season.

Unread 16-09-2022, 10:28 AM
Parlabane

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

Yep I thought he looked good when he switched over - if we can get fatty fit and firing we may have some options at full back

Unread 16-09-2022, 12:37 PM
Dasilvatwins

No way should malacia move to the right just to accommodate the fat bastard who has had 2 good seasons in the 7/8 he’s been here. ETH has already seen shaw is not up to the task and dropped him. Shaw as cover LB is alright but he needs to be away from the first XI

Dalots been alright at right back this season. But if he wants a better one dalot either needs to improve or they need to sign another. Not shoehorn in malacia who has been very good at LB.

Unread 16-09-2022, 02:04 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
No way should malacia move to the right just to accommodate the fat bastard who has had 2 good seasons in the 7/8 he’s been here. ETH has already seen shaw is not up to the task and dropped him. Shaw as cover LB is alright but he needs to be away from the first XI

Dalots been alright at right back this season. But if he wants a better one dalot either needs to improve or they need to sign another. Not shoehorn in malacia who has been very good at LB.
they have a better one at qpr .. although dalot has been getting miles better

Unread 16-09-2022, 02:44 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
they have a better one at qpr .. although dalot has been getting miles better
If he continues on his trajectory dalot might just turn into a good RB . Only time with tell, I do think his performances this season have been getting better each game and generally better than the shite he normally serves up.

Suppose you only really find out what they’re made of after 10-15 games and seeing if they can sustain it. Right now yes we do need a new Rb. By next summer we might not. ETH can coach anything 😎

Unread 16-09-2022, 03:22 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins

Agree although he’s a good option to have in that position and should mean the end of AWB.

Dalot has been very good this season imo, I know it’s only been a handful of games but he’s improved so much under Tenners.

Unread 16-09-2022, 03:30 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Agree although he’s a good option to have in that position and should mean the end of AWB.

Dalot has been very good this season imo, I know it’s only been a handful of games but he’s improved so much under Tenners.
His delivery into the box is so much better than AWB’s; it honestly amazes me that a professional footballer playing at the highest level seemingly cannot cross the ball to save his life. Stick with DD and Malacia this season at the least. The English players (Sancho aside) simply aren’t good enough - that whole “change in transfer policy” where we targeted young players from England has really bit us on the arse. I much prefer our new policy of targeting players from Ajax

Unread 16-09-2022, 04:10 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
His delivery into the box is so much better than AWB’s; it honestly amazes me that a professional footballer playing at the highest level seemingly cannot cross the ball to save his life. Stick with DD and Malacia this season at the least. The English players (Sancho aside) simply aren’t good enough - that whole “change in transfer policy” where we targeted young players from England has really bit us on the arse. I much prefer our new policy of targeting players from Ajax
Remember Sean Longstaff…

And to think I was all for that signing… blinded by my love for Ole

Agree re Dalot pal

He’s far from perfect but he’s shown he at least deserves the chance to make the right back spot his own. If he doesn’t quite manage it then bring in a RB in the summer.

Unread 16-09-2022, 07:25 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Remember Sean Longstaff…

And to think I was all for that signing… blinded by my love for Ole

Agree re Dalot pal

He’s far from perfect but he’s shown he at least deserves the chance to make the right back spot his own. If he doesn’t quite manage it then bring in a RB in the summer.
I don’t even think that came from ole. It reeks of Woodward trying to buy English player who’s values are vastly overinflated . It’s been confirmed they were giving out contracts to increase asset value, I wouldn’t put it past the rat bastards to try and do the same with actual transfers.

Unread 16-09-2022, 10:40 PM
Medlock

Sancho doesn’t get between the posts much but when he does he's a very composed finisher.

Unread 16-09-2022, 10:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medlock
Sancho doesn’t get between the posts much but when he does he's a very composed finisher.
His future is deffo more of a central, playmakery nature imo.

Unread 17-09-2022, 12:26 AM
Surfers do Charlie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter13
FT: She 0 - MU 2
Peter dropping the essential team news and scores here. He's all I log on for nowadays.

The rest of you guys are just filler tbh.