United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 23-11-2014, 03:15 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust

I think the point about Fellaini is that he played well, but we have players (Herrera) who could play better. The afro did what he had to do and did it well (I thought he played better second half when we stopped hoofing it to his chest). But he is still clumsy, slow and limited and just can't be our long term answer.

Unread 23-11-2014, 03:36 AM
waynes ear's

£#%&!ing hell, debating if herrera would have played better than the wiggy one.

What does it matter, MUFC once again went to London and took 3 points

Unread 23-11-2014, 05:50 AM
Stickman

Arsenal fans ropable after big bad United moonwalk out of London with he points again.

They've beaten us there what 3 times in 11 or 12 attempts? Lulz

That's an immense result all things considered. Much more confident on our chances of staying in the 4 from here on in now. We really ought to be aiming for 3rd.

Unread 23-11-2014, 06:58 AM
puressence

arsenals last home defeat was aug 2014 v villa first game of season 15 mths ago .we came we won we conquered ..and still halfwits £#%&!ing moan :shakehead:

Unread 23-11-2014, 07:50 AM
DakotaFredsBigShoe

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
arsenals last home defeat was aug 2014 v villa first game of season 15 mths ago .we came we won we conquered ..and still halfwits £#%&!ing moan :shakehead:

Struggling with the maths on this one.

Unread 23-11-2014, 08:27 AM
puressence

Unread 23-11-2014, 08:44 AM
S/Side.Red

What a £#%&!ing result given our circumstances

Arsenal fans must be sick about that. Can't even break down that defence

Unread 23-11-2014, 08:58 AM
Red Al

I think felaini is there to help our cluster£#%&! of a defensive situation and put a bit of steel in the team and its worked to an extent as we are winning the odd game in the old ugly fashion as froggie did in his last season and it's hard for LVG so far to have the luxury of herrera,mata and di Maria playing the sexy football we saw a few games ago but once the back 4 is sorted I think we will see them with Falcao and a return to the slick team we all hope for

Unread 23-11-2014, 08:59 AM
puressence

Piers morgan on twitter was comedy gold ...the best one was

has anyone got klopps number im gonna ring him ...lad tweets back why dont you hack him

Unread 23-11-2014, 09:07 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why Don?
Di Maria is a 50/50 player summed up by his assist and miss.

Hahaha.

Unread 23-11-2014, 09:50 AM
The Return of JC

How did people £#%&!ing expect us to play given that defence, our away record and the difficulty of the fixture.

sometimes you just have to dig in and show character and we're doing that more and more. are we there yet? Ofcourse not, but look at the last seven games from that Leicester debacle. four wins, two draws that were hard fought and a narrow defeat against City. I think most teams would struggle to get that with the injury crisis at the back.

arsenal should have been out of sight after 30 minutes, but we grew into the game and there was a certain inevitability about how desperate they became and how we sicker punched. I don't remember them creating much second half and they were a di maria fluffed chance away from being 3 down.

It wasn't in any way a polished performance, but it was never going to be or needed to be. I thought we battled superbly well and was really proud of them.

The debate about our football can wait for another day imo.

Unread 23-11-2014, 10:02 AM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
How did people £#%&!ing expect us to play given that defence, our away record and the difficulty of the fixture.

sometimes you just have to dig in and show character and we're doing that more and more. are we there yet? Ofcourse not, but look at the last seven games from that Leicester debacle. four wins, two draws that were hard fought and a narrow defeat against City. I think most teams would struggle to get that with the injury crisis at the back.

arsenal should have been out of sight after 30 minutes, but we grew into the game and there was a certain inevitability about how desperate they became and how we sicker punched. I don't remember them creating much second half and they were a di maria fluffed chance away from being 3 down.

It wasn't in any way a polished performance, but it was never going to be or needed to be. I thought we battled superbly well and was really proud of them.

The debate about our football can wait for another day imo.

Spot on

And if you go back a few years when we last had an injury crisis in defence like this we got battered away at Fulham and that crisis only lasted about a month unlike this one that's been going on all season.
How many other managers would be in the top 4 after suffering 40 injuries in half of his first season and on top of that only joined the team late because of the WC

Unread 23-11-2014, 11:03 AM
Whip Hubley

Absolutely brilliant result and an excellent performance in my opinion.

Yes, Arsenal were toothless to a point, but a a back 3 consisting of 2 wet behind the ears kids and Chris '1 cell' Smalling were brilliant, in front of a goalkeeper who really does look the shit these days. That's the shit Dennis

It really can't be underlined the amount of disruption we've suffered this season, in all forms. New manager and coaching staff, 6 new first team signings, and then on top of that a ridiculous amount of injuries. Obscene in fact - didn't Tyler say there had been 40 since LVG took over

And considering all that, we're fourth. £#%&!ing fourth!! Granted, everyone apart from Chelsea has been pretty woeful and inconsistent, but the heart and togetherness I've seen on the pitch since Bolton at Home, has been something we've not seen since Fergie left. That's what the Moyes defenders don't get and don't see - it's not just about the points we have on the board, it's how much the team are playing for each other.

WWDDLWW.

That's a great run of results under the circumstances, with that one loss coming against a very lucky city with 10 men due to an idiot.

How can anyone be anything other than positive. If we steer clear of injuries between now and the end of the season, I'll be £#%&!ing astonished if we don't get a CL place.

Unread 23-11-2014, 11:10 AM
Crumps

Just stood up on the bedside cabinet with a tear in my eye and saluted my double winners print after those posts.

Unread 23-11-2014, 11:10 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Piers morgan on twitter was comedy gold ...the best one was

has anyone got klopps number im gonna ring him ...lad tweets back why dont you hack him

Unread 23-11-2014, 11:15 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA;

How can anyone be anything other than positive. If we steer clear of injuries between now and the end of the season, I'll be £#%&!ing astonished if we don't get a CL place.
If we steer clear of injuries ?

Good luck with that, I fear half the squad will sever an artery carving the Xmas Turkey

The way this seasons going we are never going to get our strongest starting 11 on the pitch at the same time

Unread 23-11-2014, 12:03 PM
Ashley's Grime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Just a quick note. Today leicester failed to score for the 6th game out of the last 7 since beating us.
Only another five weeks to the transfer window then they can resign Clattenburg. @#%&!s.

Unread 23-11-2014, 12:07 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Just stood up on the bedside cabinet with a tear in my eye and saluted my double winners print after those posts.
Good on yea .. I like to read stuff like that.

Unread 23-11-2014, 12:25 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonred
Good on yea .. I like to read stuff like that.

Unread 23-11-2014, 12:50 PM
Tumescent Throb

everyone talking about the individuals, no-one really talking about (or if they then only out of feeling the need to defend) the formation and the tactics - love the fact United went to Highbury 3-5-2 and came away with the points

but LVG must be angry that the side killed the game so well only to go and let them in at the end though; along with failing to exploit counter-attack anything like fully there's still plenty to do in training.