Yes, preferably TONIGHT 74 65.49%
No, let him see out his contract 39 34.51%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 27-12-2015, 02:38 AM
Wez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
He really should have zero input into the hiring of our next manager.
As should Ferguson

Unread 27-12-2015, 02:45 AM
bobcraven

£#%&! Giggs, new broom required Wez.

Unread 27-12-2015, 03:24 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Whatever my love for LvG it's a good thing they're not rushing into decisions. United's position in the league is reversible and just a few weeks ago he seemed not remotely close. The longer they can hold off the better, if only to avoid developing that knee jerk culture.

Ideally we move towards Barca's apparent model where they assess at the end of every season. They change often, but they wait for the summer. Must help players focus and eliminate disruptive speculation. So often you can't get the ideal replacement mid season either.
you keep referring to this time we were "flying high"
I said at the time it was just a "house of cards" and we would be out of the top 4 in the next few weeks.....
we were never looking good or showing any sort of form...
In October we were exposed and thumped by Arsenal , we then beat Everton away and ended the month with 2 scoreless draws in the league and went out the carling cup at home after a goalless draw against boro
In November we beat west brom and then needed a last minute own goal to beat Watford and ended with a draw against Leicester!
In December we started the month with a goalless draw at West Ham and have lost the other 4 games since then

So exactly when was this lovely patch where things seems like we were on the up....

Scholes, Rio etc could see our patchy form and the horrible football that was coming with it....half of our games in the last 3 months have been goal less draws ffs....and no more than 3 shots on target in most games win/lose or draw!

Unread 27-12-2015, 09:17 AM
ziggyman17

He is finished, a goner, as sad as it is because I had high hopes for him, but today more than ever the players did not look interested, they just went through the motions, even the players he bought looked half arsed.. Rooney coming on an running around like lunatic said to me that he knows Van Gaal is a goner.. Best to pay up Van Gaals contract and let him retire to the sun,

Unread 27-12-2015, 09:29 AM
Zorg

I get the impression Pepples doesn't fancy a year out of the champions league, so he'd be taking a risk committing to United now, whether it's LVG or bleeding Giggs in charge.

Unread 27-12-2015, 10:44 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
He really should have zero input into the hiring of our next manager.
He really wants £#%&!ing off altogether. Why is he still around anyway, never mind having a £#%&!ing say? Jeez, job for life or what, cos he's a remaining link from Busby.

Unread 27-12-2015, 11:11 AM
barca99

The club is throwing away points by not getting rid. Hes as good as gone, the players have given up on him yet he is still here

Im sure Giggs would be happy to take charge until they make their mind up on who they want. At least that way we might have a chance of picking up some points v chelsea and getting this show back on the road

Unread 27-12-2015, 11:11 AM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
He really wants £#%&!ing off altogether. Why is he still around anyway, never mind having a £#%&!ing say? Jeez, job for life or what, cos he's a remaining link from Busby.

Why one of the biggest football clubs in the world is being run Roy of the rovers style

Charlton in the boardroom for over 30 years doing what
Froggie in the boardroom doing what?
Giggs forced upon lvg for no reason whatsoever bar the fact he was a good winger

What we need is a clean sweep top to bottom

Charlton,fergie and Giggs need £#%&!ing off so the club can move forward
Woody doing the financial and sponsorship stuff
A DOF for coaching staff transfers etc.
We need to look at teams like Southampton,Everton and Leicester to see how they are aquiring some top players for pennies while we waste 10s of millions on shite like Depay

We have to move with the times or get left behind

Unread 27-12-2015, 12:21 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Whatever my love for LvG it's a good thing they're not rushing into decisions. United's position in the league is reversible and just a few weeks ago he seemed not remotely close. The longer they can hold off the better, if only to avoid developing that knee jerk culture.

Ideally we move towards Barca's apparent model where they assess at the end of every season. They change often, but they wait for the summer. Must help players focus and eliminate disruptive speculation. So often you can't get the ideal replacement mid season either.
If you want Pep, then yes.

Others will say that our ideal replacement is available right now, a real stroke of luck, one that we will rue missing out on.

Van Gaal has already sorted us out with some young players and has brought the best out of Smalling. It's players with giant knackers and a mean streak he seems to have a b(B)lind spot for.

Mourihno comes in, signs a couple of beasts, rallies the troops - success.

Pep without Muller, Messi and the like is a gamble.

Unread 27-12-2015, 12:25 PM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
I said at the time it was just a "house of cards" and we would be out of the top 4 in the next few weeks.....
In October we were exposed and thumped by Arsenal , we then beat Everton away and ended the month with 2 scoreless draws in the league and went out the carling cup at home after a goalless draw against boro
In November we beat west brom and then needed a last minute own goal to beat Watford and ended with a draw against Leicester!
In December we started the month with a goalless draw at West Ham and have lost the other 4 games since then

So exactly when was this lovely patch where things seems like we were on the up....

Scholes, Rio etc could see our patchy form and the horrible football that was coming with it....half of our games in the last 3 months have been goal less draws ffs....and no more than 3 shots on target in most games win/lose or draw!

Unread 27-12-2015, 12:34 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:

Your knowledge is unbelievable. Telling us exactly what has happened in our games (because everyone else must've forgot and/or not have this incredible insight to games they have watched)............wow, even cutting and pasting from the BBC wouldn't have been as eye opening . You need to get your own show mate. You've moved beyond Nasri now, with vision like that.

"Yesterday, Stoke beat us 2-0............." The Knowledge

Anyway, agree he has to go. Has to. Now,

Unread 27-12-2015, 12:37 PM
RedMenace

Apparently he's not at Carrington this morning. Or not yet anyway. Giggs is taking training.

Unread 27-12-2015, 12:41 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Apparently he's not at Carrington this morning. Or not yet anyway. Giggs is taking training.
Almost forgot we've got another £#%&!ing game tomorrow. Ugh.

Unread 27-12-2015, 12:50 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:

Nailed it.
Only question I have is why that purple patch of games last spring ie spurs, Liverpool, city burned out so fast, also why we could not replicate it again?
Ok that was actually two questions.

Unread 27-12-2015, 12:58 PM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
Nailed it.
Only question I have is why that purple patch of games last spring ie spurs, Liverpool, city burned out so fast, also why we could not replicate it again?
Because the key figures in that attack were Fellaini, Rooney & Mata who are not that hard to nullify.

None of them can make something happen on their own, & two of them have technical difficulties with a football.

Unread 27-12-2015, 01:24 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
Nailed it.
Because that whole run of success was based on finding a role for Fellaini in that advanced left/centre midfield position, and his link up with Young, the run ended first when one or other of them was injured or suspended, then teams simply nullified Fellaini, which took away the out ball and the start point for our attacks. Also, it was heavily reliant on shit players maintaining a shockingly high standard of form in the shape of Young and Fellaini.

Unread 27-12-2015, 02:01 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Your knowledge is unbelievable. Telling us exactly what has happened in our games (because everyone else must've forgot and/or not have this incredible insight to games they have watched)............wow, even cutting and pasting from the BBC wouldn't have been as eye opening . You need to get your own show mate. You've moved beyond Nasri now, with vision like that.

and whats your point?

do you still wonder how i coined the phrase 'nothing poster' for you?

Unread 27-12-2015, 02:11 PM
Ethers

Quote:

Love the way that just because it was Marlo who posted that you couldn't simply say agreed, you had to preface it with some long-winded attempt at sarcasm

Unread 27-12-2015, 02:36 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:

Think you and pretty much everyone on here needs to allow Marlo some schadenfreude. He's pretty much nailed it from day 1 on most of the issues we now face - including the unraveling that's currently going on. Personally I never imagined whatsoever that we could be as bad as we've become.

(Think I got the pep to city thing in first but I'm more than happy for the big guy to take that one given the way he backed it up.)

Unread 27-12-2015, 02:39 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Think you and pretty much everyone on here needs to allow Marlo some schadenfreude. He's pretty much nailed it from day 1 on most of the issues we now face - including the unraveling that's currently going on. Personally I never imagined whatsoever that we could be as bad as we've become.

(Think I got the pep to city thing in first but I'm more than happy for the big guy to take that one given the way he backed it up.)
Yup, shows the class the likes of you, marls, Baroners et al have got that nobody bumped the posts up that were abusing the people expressing concerns last season.

Guess it'll be done when the watcher returns from his holiday. That lad loves a bump.
Closed Thread