United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 22-09-2019, 05:33 PM
Mr_Ed

Unread 22-09-2019, 05:33 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside onside
Difference being Fergie had won titles and a European trophy before he came to United. Ole is a rookie at the helm of Manchester United the world's biggest club.
I wish people would stop comparing this to Fergie.

That situation is not comparable and will not be repeated.

Unread 22-09-2019, 05:34 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Purely Football with yet another zinger

Unread 22-09-2019, 05:35 PM
Brucie

https://www.instagram.com/p/B2uB3XMonaA/

Unread 22-09-2019, 05:41 PM
Whiteside onside

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I wish people would stop comparing this to Fergie.

That situation is not comparable and will not be repeated.
I agree Fergie inherited a team that hadn't had a sniff of a title for nearly 20 years.

Unread 22-09-2019, 05:42 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Two of the players he’s got rid of will most likely be coming back to us at the end of the season...
But it saves the club some money and puts them in the shop window. If we kept them, we’d be guaranteed to face the same problem getting rid next summer.

It also gets them out of the club if they’re a bad influence, and we’ve definitely had a problem with that over the years. Probably our biggest issue, compounded by the contracts making it so difficult to shift them.

Quote:
He’s also been the manager when we’ve given huge contracts to Rashford and Martial, who’ve not really done anything to deserve the huge pay rises and inflated contracts.
You’d tell woodward you want to keep them wouldn’t you? The terms of the contracts themselves have nothing to do with ole. It’s judge who negotiates and woodward and the glazers who decide what players are worth paying. If ole’s bosses get that wrong, it isn’t his fault nor responsibility.

Quote:
I just don’t think Ole is getting as much of a say on how the club rebuilds as you think he is.
How much of a say have I said ole has? He has as much say as previous managers. It’s pretty clear he’d have rather brought in more players in the summer, and sold more also. He’s making the best job he can out of it and deserves the support of the fans in difficult circumstances.

My issue is people attacking him when he’s doing about as good a job as anyone could in the circumstances. In many ways better, as he’s actually bought players who’ve improved on what he had and is trying to address fundamental issues with a long term plan in mind. That’s the only way we’re going to get anywhere under the glazers. No big name manager who’s only here for the money is going to improve upon that. Though I guess he could have parked the bus and got a 0-0 draw today, like a big name focused on the short term might have done. £#%&! that. It does us no good.

Unread 22-09-2019, 05:43 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brucie
Ffs, is it gonna involve a chicken?

Unread 22-09-2019, 05:46 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
I'll paraphrase, United owed over 100million in fees as at the last window and stood to bring in circa 25million. No surprise once Lukaku went all United were doing was having a good luck.
Yet there’s some who would rather point the finger at the manager whilst thinking a big name replacement would click his fingers and transform us over night. What is it about insanity and doing the same thing again and again expecting a different outcome?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I don’t think the majority of them would though. I imagine Pochettino is waiting for Madrid, Conte done his nut in here with a Chelsea team that was being run better etc. None of them are short of a few bob either, they’re all loaded so I doubt money is as big a motivation as it would be to the average Joe.
Yeah, ok.

Unread 22-09-2019, 05:54 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
A real mixed bag that.

Terrible game of football, but it's also Riccers birthday.

Don't know what to make of it all.
Happy birthday Riccers

Unread 22-09-2019, 05:56 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Difference being Fergie had won titles and a European trophy before he came to United. Ole is a rookie at the helm of Manchester United the world's biggest club.
And he still wouldn’t have lasted 3 seasons in the current climate at united. So, what chance any manager?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Ed
Amazing what arbitrary lines people choose.

Quote:
I agree Fergie inherited a team that hadn't had a sniff of a title for nearly 20 years.
Besides the sniff they had the season before he took over?

Unread 22-09-2019, 05:59 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
But it saves the club some money and puts them in the shop window. If we kept them, we’d be guaranteed to face the same problem getting rid next summer.

It also gets them out of the club if they’re a bad influence, and we’ve definitely had a problem with that over the years. Probably our biggest issue, compounded by the contracts making it so difficult to shift them.

You’d tell woodward you want to keep them wouldn’t you? The terms of the contracts themselves have nothing to do with ole. It’s judge who negotiates and woodward and the glazers who decide what players are worth paying. If ole’s bosses get that wrong, it isn’t his fault nor responsibility.

How much of a say have I said ole has? He has as much say as previous managers. It’s pretty clear he’d have rather brought in more players in the summer, and sold more also. He’s making the best job he can out of it and deserves the support of the fans in difficult circumstances.

My issue is people attacking him when he’s doing about as good a job as anyone could in the circumstances. In many ways better, as he’s actually bought players who’ve improved on what he had and is trying to address fundamental issues with a long term plan in mind. That’s the only way we’re gong to get anywhere under the glazers. No big name manager who’s only here for the money is going to improve upon that. Though I guess he could have parked the bus and got a 0-0 draw today, like a big name focused on the short term might have done. £#%&! that. It does us no good.
This.

Unread 22-09-2019, 06:02 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
James replaced sanchez, and has already done more in few games than sanchez did in 18 months. Greenwood has been moved up the pecking order to replace lukaku in the squad, though it seems ole wanted an experienced squad striker to come in who’d be happy to sit on the bench.

So why not criticise the people responsible? But I’m sure if ole is sacked as you want, the next manager will be the solution and have us playing like the busby babes inside a year.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hands of Scone
We’re not the club we used to be. I don’t mean figuratively either. The entire ethos of the place has changed beyond recognition. The glazers have changed everything that made us successful. It’s only our size that keeps us up around fifth and sixth. We’re the worst run big club. Bottom of the mini league of the big teams.

We’re not rebuilding we’re treading water.
Agreed.

Also, it's early days in the season and two of our best players are French. Sorry, injured.

New signings are ace. More next summer. And it's a spending summer, according to my extensive research.

Unread 22-09-2019, 06:17 PM
Patty_b

We've had worse results with more experienced managers and a better squad.

I don't think another manager could get much more out of the players available.

People weren't expecting much from this season before a ball was kicked with a full squad available, so it can't be a major surprise when we have a shit game away from home with two of the best players in our squad out injured, both of whom are arguably our biggest goal threats, whether creating or scoring them.

If we had bought two midfielders and another striker in the summer then I think we would be a much better outfit, but as it was there was criminal under investment in the squad in the past summer, and imo that's nothing to do with Ole and everything to do with the ownership. @#%&!s.

At this point personally, I'd rather see as many of the shite players (Matic and Mata mainly) £#%&!ed right off and used only as fringe players and for the young lads to be given as many minutes as possible. We may lose and they may have some harsh lessons, but surely they cannot be much worse than the shit the two players mentioned have been serving up. I'd rather bed the future in now then continue to placate the shit @#%&!s.

Unread 22-09-2019, 06:22 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
We've had worse results with more experienced managers and a better squad.

I don't think another manager could get much more out of the players available.

People weren't expecting much from this season before a ball was kicked with a full squad available, so it can't be a major surprise when we have a shit game away from home with two of the best players in our squad out injured, three of whom are arguably our biggest goal threats, whether creating or scoring them.

If we had bought two midfielders and another striker in the summer then I think we would be a much better outfit, but as it was there was criminal under investment in the squad in the past summer, and imo that's nothing to do with Ole and everything to do with the ownership. @#%&!s.

At this point personally, I'd rather see as many of the shite fringe players (Matic and Mata mainly) £#%&!ed right off and used only as fringe players and for the young lads to be given as many minutes as possible. We may lose and they may have some harsh lessons, but surely they cannot be much worse than the shit the two players mentioned have been serving up. I'd rather bed the future in now then continue to placate the shit @#%&!s.
This.

Just to ask, did Jose (on Sky) actually say Lindelof can be bullied and isn't very good in the air. He's a CB. A CB you (Jose) signed, did no one call him out on that? Keane was in the studio wasn't he and he hates Jose?

Has this been done yet?

https://twitter.com/CaiSherlock1/sta...WkeSxYRF2gu2pk

Unread 22-09-2019, 06:42 PM
originalhogg

Evras ready to help

Unread 22-09-2019, 06:47 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalhogg
Is he talking about both the voices in his head?

Just checked and we're level on pts with Spurs. So anyone moaning on here, who also pines for Pochetinho, can suck it.

Unread 22-09-2019, 06:51 PM
utd99

Ole: These games can go both ways.

£#%&!ing hell mate, you’re not making it easy. Still, at least it’s not “that’s football” again.

Unread 22-09-2019, 06:58 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99

£#%&!ing hell mate, you’re not making it easy. Still, at least it’s not “that’s football” again.
He's spot on.

If Mata scores to make it 1-1 and rashford didn't pull up we'd have possibly gone on to win that....

It's an awful miss after coming out firing.

Unread 22-09-2019, 06:59 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99

with him in charge away games usually go one way....down the shitter

thanks for the Moyes-esque comments...again

Unread 22-09-2019, 07:01 PM
Sparky***

Not even worth trying to pick the bones out of it any more.

We are well and truly £#%&!ed.

I knew this season would be a hard watch, that we’d basically written it off with our summer business.

But £#%&! me, what an utterly joyless, depressing venture it’s fast becoming.

Chickens well and truly come home to roost.