United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-12-2023, 10:12 AM
marlo

how pathetic can some of you be….

no one some spoke so heavily about the Ownership situation when mourinho was basically telling you it was a miracle he is doing what he is doing while under it.
Some of you kept saying “the turgid football is not the United way”

but all of a sudden it’s justification for ETH failing at pretty much everything.
It seems some are putting their weird admiration of ETH ahead of the success of the club.

Unread 13-12-2023, 10:12 AM
Lok

We have only 2 games in January as it stands. A cup tie at Wigan and Spurs at home. If he has anything about him he will change the system and unite the squad in that time.

If we're still shit after that then heaven help us.

Unread 13-12-2023, 10:15 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
how pathetic can some of you be….

no one some spoke so heavily about the Ownership situation when mourinho was basically telling you it was a miracle he is doing what he is doing while under it.
Some of you kept saying “the turgid football is not the United way”

but all of a sudden it’s justification for ETH failing at pretty much everything.
It seems some are putting their weird admiration of ETH ahead of the success of the club.

I honestly can't see anyone saying this at all. All people are saying is that there are serious question marks about him, but in the absence of an obvious solution, sacking him could actually make things worse.

And when asked who should replace him, the best you've come up with so far is someone even you say you don't want

Unread 13-12-2023, 10:20 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

I honestly can't see anyone saying this at all. All people are saying is that there are serious question marks about him, but in the absence of an obvious solution, sacking him could actually make things worse.

And when asked who should replace him, the best you've come up with so far is someone even you say you don't want
So we just let him see out the rest of the season.

just because there’s no actual replacement right now doesn’t mean we don’t plan for his departure.

A football side to the ownership won’t change anything as he can’t even get the best out of a decent group of internationals. We are worse that when he joined and it’s would he hard to even match his level on failure intentionally.
Losing ever other game, conceding comedy goals,

he has proven he isn’t the man for the job both his management style, talent ID, coaching quality are not up to the standard required. He doesn’t even have the personality of a top manager but no one wants to admit that.

Unread 13-12-2023, 10:20 AM
armchair

And we haven't even hit rock bottom yet.

I'd keep him even if we lost ten nil at the weekend, but he should go if there isn't discernable progress made in the remainder of the season.

Unread 13-12-2023, 10:25 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Obviously it’s over for ETH whether it’s in the next couple of months or at the end of the season, he’s not going to here next season

If this new proposed football operation with Ratcliffe coming in comes to fruition then he was always a goner even if he was doing alright as they’re always going to want to bring in their own head coach
As it is he’s certainly not doing alright as this is the worst football I’ve ever witnessed at Utd and given the shite we’ve witnessed in the last 10 years that’s saying something

It’s really sad as there was so much promise last season but if we’re being honest it’s been shite since the 7-0

There just has to be a complete clear out which hasn’t happened yet
We need to sign young athletic energetic players and have a team that plays with intensity for the full 90 minutes game after game
Sick of this tame slow passive shit

Someday we’ll be back to being a top side again but it’s not going to be under ETH

Sadly, I think this is correct.

There is genuinely no point sacking him now. Let’s be honest, there’s no great urgency. There’s little at stake this season. We might scrape top four with him, we might not without him. We can’t do another interim with this group of chancers and any candidate mentioned is going to be another punt that goes against the grain of the previous plan.

Rinse, repeat

But he’s highly unlikely to turn this around. I think he’s a top coach and I really want this to work, but it’s not looking good. We’re getting worse in all departments and the players look less on board and less like they know what they’re doing than they ever have. I don’t mind something taking time, but you’ve got to see progress. He talks a lot about a process, but I’m not sure that process consists of being massively poorer than the previous season.

We’re now into the territory we were with Jose, Louis and Ole before they were binned. Similar kind of uninspiring frequent losses. Same dejected looking players. It’s going to take a massive turnaround from this point and we likely have new people making football decisions that didn’t even hire him in the first place.

I don’t think it will be any time soon, but I’ll be surprised if we turn this around and he’s here next season.

And it’s absolutely gutting

Unread 13-12-2023, 10:30 AM
Finport Red

There isn’t any point to changing the manager now. He’s come in to do a rebuild, had been hampered massively by injuries this season, and is having to use players that haven’t been of any worth for a while or who are not yet ready to play every week. He also hasn’t been helped by primary school behaviour by some more senior players, the greenwood and Antony sagas, the balls-up that has been the sale/non-sale of the club.

Are some of the problems of his own making? Sure, but which manager gets all the calls right? ETH’s biggest issue is that, every call he makes is a knife edge one because of the list of major problems he’s inherited or is having to deal with.

There isn’t a quick fix at this club, we’ve tried that and failed miserably already. We all have to accept that, to go forward properly, major surgery is still required, and removing the only man capable of completing the operation he’s started is ETH.

Easy being a fan when the team is winning. It’s time now to back him, not to call for his head.

Unread 13-12-2023, 10:34 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger

Sadly, I think this is correct.

There is genuinely no point sacking him now. Let’s be honest, there’s no great urgency. There’s little at stake this season. We might scrape top four with him, we might not without him. We can’t do another interim with this group of chancers and any candidate mentioned is going to be another punt that goes against the grain of the previous plan.

Rinse, repeat

But he’s highly unlikely to turn this around. I think he’s a top coach and I really want this to work, but it’s not looking good. We’re getting worse in all departments and the players look less on board and less like they know what they’re doing than they ever have. I don’t mind something taking time, but you’ve got to see progress. He talks a lot about a process, but I’m not sure that process consists of being massively poorer than the previous season.

We’re now into the territory we were with Jose, Louis and Ole before they were binned. Similar kind of uninspiring frequent losses. Same dejected looking players. It’s going to take a massive turnaround from this point and we likely have new people making football decisions that didn’t even hire him in the first place.

I don’t think it will be any time soon, but I’ll be surprised if we turn this around and he’s here next season.

And it’s absolutely gutting
They're just not responding to him. But I hate them all. I would probably keep two or three and that's being generous. The rest of them have no business being anywhere near United.

The bare minimum is putting in the effort. This lot just cannot be bothered.

Was listening to Andy Mitten earlier and he pointed out we only lost once at Anfield in the 80s, even though they were dominating English football at the time, because we had players who would rather die than go there and roll over.

Unread 13-12-2023, 10:34 AM
marlo

if his signings where half decent then I’d be kinda behind him to be honest.

If for example casimero was a real ince reincarnation. Just a midfield general giving us 8/10s every week.
If Anthony was the only bright spark in our forward line carrying the team on his back
If our keeper was keeping us in games and generally ticking all this boxes David de gea didnt
If mount was even half useful

Then it would be a case of them shining a light on the darkness that is rashford and co. But instead his players are worse that what we have and the current players know this.

The one thing if anything should be that he is he getting right is his ex players beijg a example of what he expects at United but instead there are

Unread 13-12-2023, 10:42 AM
Spock

Quote:

If for example casimero was a real ince reincarnation. Just a midfield general giving us 8/10s every week.
If Anthony was the only bright spark in our forward line carrying the team on his back
If our keeper was keeping us in games and generally ticking all this boxes David de gea didnt

Then it would be a case of them shining a light on the darkness that is rashford and co. But instead his players are worse that what we have and the current players know this.

The one thing if anything should be that he is he getting right is his ex players beijg a example of what he expects at United but instead there are
ok, we sack him....who do you want coming in?

Unread 13-12-2023, 10:44 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spock
ok, we sack him....who do you want coming in?
“I dunno!”

Unread 13-12-2023, 10:48 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
They're just not responding to him. But I hate them all. I would probably keep two or three and that's being generous. The rest of them have no business being anywhere near United.

The bare minimum is putting in the effort. This lot just cannot be bothered.

Was listening to Andy Mitten earlier and he pointed out we only lost once at Anfield in the 80s, even though they were dominating English football at the time, because we had players who would rather die than go there and roll over.
They’re not, no. They either aren’t get what he’s asking or they can’t do it. And the same goes for him getting a message across. I’m sure there’s a great idea of how he wants us to play. Sometimes you can see it. We’ve even scored some great goals this season where you can go “ah, there it is”, but they’re too infrequent and we’re fundamentally so poor: too easy to play through, too easy to score against and we can’t hurt teams. A recipe for disaster. There comes a point where saying we must do better doesn’t wash, and we’re well past that now

Contrary to most, I don’t believe they’re not trying. But they don’t have any confidence in what they’re doing. No real trust or belief. And once we go behind, we’re chasing and the levels drop. They know they’re beaten, because history tells them they are.

Quote:

Unread 13-12-2023, 11:02 AM
doudou

Everyone wrote off Rangnick for being a crank (and he was a terrible manager) but what he said about the players was fundamentally correct.

Unread 13-12-2023, 11:10 AM
armchair

Unread 13-12-2023, 11:11 AM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
Everyone wrote off Rangnick for being a crank (and he was a terrible manager) but what he said about the players was fundamentally correct.
He was 100% correct. EtH got the job because he told the Glazers he can work with the squad we have and wholesale changes weren't needed. Rangnick said the opposite so he was kicked out. EtH was so arrogant about it that he wouldn't even talk to Rangnick.

The glazers took the easy option like that always do.

Rangnick was clearly not the right manager but I'd have liked to see him move upstairs and work on culling the squad and putting together a transfer strategy. It's hard to imagine it would be worse than it is now.

Unread 13-12-2023, 11:12 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
“I dunno!”

United considering Who, What and I Dunno as possible replacements

Unread 13-12-2023, 11:15 AM
silv

listening to his interviews he doesn’t have much of a personality does he

Unread 13-12-2023, 11:15 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
and he identified the players he thought could help us get better. But we ignored him for whatever reason and instead went back to the tried and trusted hire a manager who can work under the existing structure and watch him eventually implode.

although I'd have more sympathy for ETH if I saw that he was bringing the right players into the club. How many of his signings have been a success? Martinez? Casemiro for 2/3 of a season? Eriksen for 60 mins of a game? That's it? That's not great.

Unread 13-12-2023, 11:18 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
and he identified the players he thought could help us get better. But we ignored him for whatever reason and instead went back to the tried and trusted hire a manager and watch him eventually implode.
It amazes me that people give these so called managers credit for saying what should have happened once they £#%&!ed it up. "I wanted Messi and Lewandowski and I think they'd have made us much better" £#%&!ing genius that pal.

Unread 13-12-2023, 11:18 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
listening to his interviews he doesn’t have much of a personality does he
He’s always been like that. Awkward, bit spectrumy. I’ve no issue with that because he was always concise and clear. He’s making odd comments now though. I don’t recall him saying we played well last season when we didn’t. Now, he says it a lot.
Closed Thread