United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 26-11-2023, 10:03 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
Not sure the Pogba comparisons are fair yet, as Pogba is probably the only player I've ever seen, with the one exception possibly being Cristiano Ronaldo circa summer 2007, who underwent a physical metamorphosis that transcended the believable.

A brief analysis of the comparative physical frames of Paul pre-Juventus and post-Juventus (first stint), highlight a unique bodily change. The languid, stripling lad of b#@&%! brilliant promise and potential that left United, was transformed into a statuesque, ebony arrangement of perfectly sculpted muscle mass draped over a seismic skeletal frame.

The left deltoid on the image below is a useful example illustrating all this. I mean, just look at the definition of that rippling muscle fibre. Even the upper trapezius and latimus dorsi are stunningly impressive in their form, but that deltoid is something else.

This was a very different player physically to the one that first broke through to the United first team over a decade ago.

As can be seen below, Mainoo has the physical muscular make-up of a younger Pogba, but there is a lot to be done for him to evolve into anything like the version of Paul that emerged out of Turin, and it may not even be possible, given the genetic superiority the latter likely has; a superiority proven in the abnormally high levels of testosterone his body naturally produces. This, of course, has embroiled into an issue in which his current club are nefariously twisting into false, unproven accusations of doping.

A fair analysis. I Google Pogba daily for recent pictures and the man is magnificent. I’m a heterosexual human male, but can honestly say I’ve found myself drooling over some of his recent insta updates, such is his raw, animalistic magnetism and incredible, finely honed physique.

Unread 26-11-2023, 10:35 PM
Zorg

Unread 26-11-2023, 10:36 PM
My Name is Heath

he looks like a legit midfielder.

Incredible.

Unread 26-11-2023, 10:53 PM
thrills_pills_bellyaches

The best player in the world right now

Unread 26-11-2023, 10:55 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
Bellingham laces his boots...

Unread 26-11-2023, 10:55 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by thrills_pills_bellyaches
I think he’s better than that.

But it is a pleasant surprise to see someone that appears from our brief glimpses to actually have a footballing brain.

Unread 26-11-2023, 11:26 PM
Sparky***

I really enjoyed that performance from him. No running about like a lunatic but his awareness of spaces to be in and quick passing shows there's something special here

Unread 26-11-2023, 11:35 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I really enjoyed that performance from him. No running about like a lunatic but his awareness of spaces to be in and quick passing shows there's something special here
Yep. A very simple, calm awareness. Even threw in a goal-line clearance too

Unread 26-11-2023, 11:38 PM
Jack Duckworth

Reminded me of a young Darron Gibson

Unread 26-11-2023, 11:42 PM
avocado

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Yep. A very simple, calm awareness. Even threw in a goal-line clearance too
It wouldn’t have occurred to most of our players that the ball was going in; let alone that they might be able to stop it. I thought it was (nearly) as good as the goal. Anticipation, determination and the outside of his foot to boot.

Unread 27-11-2023, 12:34 AM
Gypsum Fantastic

Shits on Fabregas

Unread 27-11-2023, 12:39 AM
Jethro

Getting lots of praise on MOTD. Cool as a cucumber.

Unread 27-11-2023, 01:07 AM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by avocado
I thought it was (nearly) as good as the goal.

Yes, that goal line clearance will live long in the memory.

Unread 27-11-2023, 02:00 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth

Yes, that goal line clearance will live long in the memory.

Unread 27-11-2023, 04:15 AM
shenwen

Flawless. Build a team around him.

Unread 27-11-2023, 08:28 AM
Patty_b

Most composed player on the pitch. 18

Unread 27-11-2023, 09:00 AM
Spock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
yeah, mainoo decent, pogba a @#%&! tbh

Unread 27-11-2023, 09:14 AM
magic_cantona

Every time he's tackled now, our arses will be in our mouths.

"Well, it looked innocuous......."

Unread 27-11-2023, 09:29 AM
redhegemony

It’s the level of awareness of space and movement that singles him out. The best players have it naturally. Casemiro does The Scottish Player doesn’t. The players who do always seem to be in the right place and have more time.

Unread 27-11-2023, 10:17 AM
dragflick

Some player isn't he, 18 ffs. You can tell when a player just has it