United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 20-10-2022, 07:36 AM
puressence

Casemiro.. is the difference he makes other players play . colossal . and good to see shaw back with his place not guaranteed playing like shaw b4 the euros when he was brilliant . An hes building up a good partnership with lisandro , you can see and what a buy hes been , my god he is just £#%&!ing brilliant and distribution straight from the ajax play book . I had mentioned before about the inverted full backs , and then amazon commentators picked up on dalot and cancelo similarities .

Unread 20-10-2022, 07:41 AM
MUFC One Love

Best performance in years that last night.

From start to finish we dominated them. I was a bit worried about how we would play against them sitting in. That tactics were brilliant. Completely pinned them in.

Unread 20-10-2022, 07:43 AM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
Casemiro.. is the difference he makes other players play . colossal . and good to see shaw back with his place not guaranteed playing like shaw b4 the euros when he was brilliant . An hes building up a good partnership with lisandro , you can see and what a buy hes been , my god he is just £#%&!ing brilliant and distribution straight from the ajax play book . I had mentioned before about the inverted full backs , and then amazon commentators picked up on dalot and cancelo similarities .
He’s shit apparently mate

Unread 20-10-2022, 07:56 AM
shenwen

Rashford at least looks hungry now. Next project for ETH should be Sancho. very disappointing. Again. Right now I'd like to see Rashford and Antony either side of a proper striker.

Unread 20-10-2022, 08:04 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
I thought rashers had a really good game and tested Lloris on a number of occasions. He's back in amongst it and the goals will come.

The left hand reflex one was exceptional
A really good game? He missed 3 out of 3 chances that should have been goals.

He tested Lloris insofar as he launched the ball at him 3 times instead of anywhere else in the goal, thereby proving that Loris was yes, made of atoms.

It didn't cost us last night because mercifully, other players managed not to kick the ball right at Lloris.

His general play was better than it's been, but that's not saying much is it? And it was pretty £#%&!ing far from a stellar striker performance.

Unread 20-10-2022, 08:22 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
A really good game? He missed 3 out of 3 chances that should have been goals.

He tested Lloris insofar as he launched the ball at him 3 times instead of anywhere else in the goal, thereby proving that Loris was yes, made of atoms.

It didn't cost us last night because mercifully, other players managed not to kick the ball right at Lloris.

His general play was better than it's been, but that's not saying much is it? And it was pretty £#%&!ing far from a stellar striker performance.
He just isn’t a very good finisher, unfortunately. All round game a lot better though and because of that, he’ll get plenty of chances and bag plenty of goals. He’s got 5 and should have 10 already. He’ll hit around 20 this season In all comps if he stays fit.

Unread 20-10-2022, 08:28 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
He just isn’t a very good finisher, unfortunately. All round game a lot better though and because of that, he’ll get plenty of chances and bag plenty of goals. He’s got 5 and should have 10 already. He’ll hit around 20 this season In all comps if he stays fit.
Straight at goalkeepers? It'll be more than 20.

Unread 20-10-2022, 08:39 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
Straight at goalkeepers? It'll be more than 20.
Quarter of the way through the season and he has five despite some poor finishing, so not unreasonable to suggest he should be in and around 20.

I’d much rather have this Rashford showing desire to get into the right areas, than the absolute ghost we’ve had the last couple of years.

Unread 20-10-2022, 08:45 AM
NedKelly

No one has said he had a bad game. Even grinchers, who hates him as much as I hate Maguire, has acknowledged it was a decent performance overall. He’s just not a centre forward and that remains a priority signing. If we can sign one in Jan we’ll be laughing, and Rashford will benefit from not having all the pressure lumped on him.

Unread 20-10-2022, 08:49 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
No one has said he had a bad game. Even grinchers, who hates him as much as I hate Maguire, has acknowledged it was a decent performance overall. He’s just not a centre forward and that remains a priority signing. If we can sign one in Jan we’ll be laughing, and Rashford will benefit from not having all the pressure lumped on him.
There’s a suggestion that he couldn’t have played well if he’s missing chances. They’re not mutually exclusive.

I think every man and his dog knows he’s better from the left.

Unread 20-10-2022, 09:03 AM
dunk

2 of those Lloris saves were superb tbf. He’d have bagged 3 if he was facing Dave.

Unread 20-10-2022, 09:06 AM
armchair

Dominant.

Unread 20-10-2022, 09:08 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
2 of those Lloris saves were superb tbf. He’d have bagged 3 if he was facing Dave.
I said in the ground last night that he was shit. And then he pulls off save after save, some which were ridiculous.

7-0 wouldn't have flattered us

Unread 20-10-2022, 09:09 AM
armchair

They couldn't live with our pressing.

Unread 20-10-2022, 09:11 AM
wiganste

It was very pleasing to see. Everyone was on it, didn't give them a second.

Son & Kane hardly got a kick

Unread 20-10-2022, 09:19 AM
jem

kane has only "played well" against us once... by cheating. he can £#%&! off.

Unread 20-10-2022, 09:26 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Quarter of the way through the season and he has five despite some poor finishing, so not unreasonable to suggest he should be in and around 20.

I’d much rather have this Rashford showing desire to get into the right areas, than the absolute ghost we’ve had the last couple of years.
This.

I’ve been one of his biggest critics over the last few seasons but he’s actually working for the team and creating chances for himself and others. The goals will come

Unread 20-10-2022, 10:32 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
I don't hate him ffs. Just don't agree with the extreme lengths his fans will go to in defending him because he's from Manchester and fronted a PR campaign.

I don't think he's good enough to be starting in a man united team which is competing for the top honours, and never will be. The sacred cow needs slaying if we're to move forwards.

Unread 20-10-2022, 11:29 AM
Sparky***

Back page of every newspaper today is all about Ronaldo's flounce.

We really don't need this circus any more

Unread 20-10-2022, 11:51 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Back page of every newspaper today is all about Ronaldo's flounce.

We really don't need this circus any more
Of course it is. Which is why it’s daft that he did it. He knows damn well that will be the headline.