Fletch
Scholes
Park
Ron

Berbs
Rooney/Tevez

Unread 30-09-2008, 08:20 AM
Coracao

I can't see him going with all 3 strikers.

I have a feeling Giggs may start tonight.

.............Vds

Wes..Rio....Vidic....Evra

Ronaldo..Fletch..Scholes..Giggs

.......Berbatov...Rooney

I'd also take Fergie's quote with a pinch of salt.

Unread 30-09-2008, 08:21 AM
Don Stuarte

As long as Fletch and Park play Ill be happy.

Fletch has impressed me so I want to see him in the side.

I still think Park is shit but so many people have been praising him that I think I am a little bit biased towards the spaniel eating little workhorse. I want to see him as much as I can so I can confirm my first impression was right - or change my stance on the lad.

Unread 30-09-2008, 08:33 AM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
I can't see him going with all 3 strikers.

I have a feeling Giggs may start tonight.

.............Vds

.......Berbatov...Rooney

I'd also take Fergie's quote with a pinch of salt.
I just can't see him starting Giggs.It'll be Park, imo.

Unread 30-09-2008, 08:56 AM
antonin jablonsky

Stop trying to pre-empt the official team thread!!!!!

Unread 30-09-2008, 03:32 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao

.............Vds

.......Berbatov...Rooney

I'd go with that.

Unread 30-09-2008, 03:33 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
I'd go with that.
Don't hide Carrick.

Unread 30-09-2008, 03:34 PM
red @rmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Stop trying to pre-empt the official team thread!!!!!
Officially the gayest post ever.

Unread 30-09-2008, 03:35 PM
Don Stuarte

This thread is well better than that other one isnt it ?

I think Antonin has seen his arse a bit though

Unread 30-09-2008, 03:35 PM
The Return of JC

Given that he often makes people's best 11, is anyone prepared to admit they would've happily seen Fletcher sold 18 months ago but now think he's an important member of the squad?

I will.

Unread 30-09-2008, 03:36 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Stuarte
This thread is well better than that other one isnt it ?

I think Antonin has seen his arse a bit though
I have. I really have Donny.

Unread 30-09-2008, 03:37 PM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Given that he often makes people's best 11, is anyone prepared to admit they would've happily seen Fletcher sold 18 months ago but now think he's an important member of the squad?

I will.
Definitely, I think over that period he's really improved as a player. I'm happy picking him these days which given some of the callow performances I saw from him a coupla years back is a shocking but pleasant surprise.

Unread 30-09-2008, 03:43 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Definitely, I think over that period he's really improved as a player. I'm happy picking him these days which given some of the callow performances I saw from him a coupla years back is a shocking but pleasant surprise.
I was hoping you'd answer first.

I think he's developed as a player, but also developed into a different kind of player that he threatened to be. He's actually quite attacking. I always had him pegged as a defensive midfielder, but he gets in some good areas and make some well timed runs. I reckon if he played all season he'd get 10+ goals and I don't think you could say that about any of Scholes, Carrick, Anderson or Hargreaves.
He seems smarter and more confident than a year ago, but he still knows his limits. He's not suddenly a world beater or anything, but he's certainly improved, hasn't let anyone down and brings something to the squad these days. Good for him.

Unread 30-09-2008, 03:43 PM
dunk

Quote:

I will.
I've always (in the main) stood up for Fletch. I could always see a good player waiting to happen. I have had my lapses when I wanted rid of him, but I have argued his case on many an occasion. John O'Shea too, for my sins.

Unread 30-09-2008, 03:53 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I've always (in the main) stood up for Fletch. I could always see a good player waiting to happen. I have had my lapses when I wanted rid of him, but I have argued his case on many an occasion. John O'Shea too, for my sins.
I know you did. I remember. I find it difficult to defend O'Shea at times. He just looks terrified of the football. Not a good quality for a player. There was a moment at Stamford bridge where he was surrounded and even his usual option of passing backwards or sideways to a player surrounded by players so that it becomes their problem wasn't available....so he just hit it out of play. Like Homer when he sees Mr Burns "Argh! The Ball! Get away!"

Quite funny actually. That's probably what I'd do.

I think it's the fact that he is used ahead of numerous better options (usually youngsters who need games) in so many different circumstances that annoys me the most, but that's not his fault. The only good thing I can think of is that he's got good positional sense.

Unread 30-09-2008, 04:03 PM
borsuk

always been a fletcher backer. in fact, i remember backing fletcher on ri and getting absolutely slaughtered for it. easy to forget how hard it is for a young lad to break through so early in such a difficult position, playing in a side in transition (the arse-end of the keane era). the pressure he's had to deal with has been huge, with people getting on his back and blaming him for the performances of more experienced players around him. delighted that he's won/is winning people over. nothing pleases me more than a home-grown talent really breaking through.

agree completely that he's developed the attacking side of his game, though i think that has a lot to do with the formation we play these days, and the fact that he's no longer asked to pretend to be a winger, which he patently is not.

Unread 30-09-2008, 04:10 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:

I will.
Me too.

And I started the Official 'Fletcher OUT!' action group.

Unread 30-09-2008, 05:03 PM
Tumescent Throb

Rioch/Aalborg were probably meant to think hmm their strongest team, so what's that then?

If it's just our current strongest team available, based on form, then Park is one of the first names on the team sheet

Unread 30-09-2008, 05:10 PM
marlo stansfield

you are looking at big dazzas biggest fan ever.

the zone of terror has always been a good player. always up for the occasion.

remember one game against bolton where we beat them about 4-0 and fletcher ran riot against a team that were at the time hard to beat.

Unread 30-09-2008, 06:32 PM
Pete's Shoes

Just heard Wes isn't playing, the twin is in at right back. Not sure if this is true but if it is, must beg the question what the £#%&! has he done? Like I say not sure how right it is but we will see in an hour.
Closed Thread