United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-09-2008, 07:07 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
His passing and shooting? Has he been taking lessons over the summer?

He's inferior to Carrick and Scholes in both respects.
scholes, maybe but carrick? c'mon anderson is more frightening than carrick!

Unread 13-09-2008, 07:15 PM
jackth3lad

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
vds
brown rio vidic evra

ronaldo hargreaves anderson nani

rooney berbatov
vds has been a great keeper for us,isnt it about time foster was blooded

Unread 13-09-2008, 07:25 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Don't get me wrong mate, I like Hargreaves, I am just going off the performances with Carrick I have seen so far, and they have been far less than impressive. Like I said previously, he had a very good partnership with Anderson. I have seen nothing at all though to suggest Hargreaves and Carrick are our best partnership, in fact i've seen more than enough to suggest otherwise.
tbh. i've been most impressed with hargreaves rampaging forward on the right wing from rb rather that centre mid displays. motwyw.

Unread 13-09-2008, 07:39 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackth3lad
vds has been a great keeper for us,isnt it about time foster was blooded
i'm all for foster coming in, not because of today but because i really rate him but its hard to say if he would make the strongest team as he's not had enough games to judge. catch 22. i do think his distribution is superb in comparison to VDS though

Unread 14-09-2008, 12:56 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
The limited games i remember them together, they were shite.
Perhaps, but for most of last season people on this forum were calling for Scholes and Anderson to be our first choice pairing on the basis of 2/3 games in October.

I should have been more specific, in games like yesterday It would be my first choice, gives a good balance of passing ability, energy and tactical awareness. Would enable the attacking players to commit to going forward not having to worry about the defensive fragility in midfield.

From what I remember of the combination from last year Hargreaves was asked to be the deep lying one, the playmaker from deep, not his strength.

Hargreaves would be the box to box player, with Carrick prompting from deeper areas, springing Utd with his quality passing.

Anderson has a lot to learn before he can start consistently in a 2. Both he and Scholes are very important though against lower quality teams.
Closed Thread