United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firswood Red
utter nonsense, Carrick has been our most consistent central midfielder for the past 2 seasons.
I think you misread Ethers post.

Unread 13-09-2008, 06:33 PM
Coracao

.........................vds

brown.......rio.......vidic.....Evra

Ronaldo...Carrick...Scholes...Giggs

.......Rooney......Tevez

Berbatov can't be included yet.

Unread 13-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Firswood Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
I think you misread Ethers post.
I'm agreeing with him

can see why you think I did though

Unread 13-09-2008, 06:35 PM
Coracao

Quote:

Hagreaves and Carrick would be my favoured combination, Anderson has a lot of ability but he is not ready for the responsibility and Scholes's lack of legs creates it own set of problems.
The limited games i remember them together, they were shite.

Unread 13-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
I'm agreeing with him

can see why you think I did though
Ok

Unread 13-09-2008, 06:37 PM
Ether

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
They were. They don't work as a pair in midfield for me.

Unread 13-09-2008, 06:38 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

Thumbs up

Quote:
VDS
Brown
Evra
Rio
Vidic
Hargreaves
Carrick
Scholes
Ronaldo
Tevez
Rooney

Hargreaves over Anderson because of his versatility.
you've just saved me typing my team out

and like others have said berbatov does need to earn the right to play

Unread 13-09-2008, 06:41 PM
Coracao

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Glad i'm not totally warped in the head

Unread 13-09-2008, 06:42 PM
Ether

Quote:
.........................vds

brown.......rio.......vidic.....Evra

Ronaldo...Carrick...Scholes...Giggs

.......Rooney......Tevez

Berbatov can't be included yet.
I'd probably go with that, the only worry would be Scholes and Giggs both starting. Makes me feel a bit uneasy these days. But then I think Anderson and Nani are too naive and inconsistent to make our best 11 too. So I'd probably swap in one of the young'uns for either Scholes or Giggs depending on form and the opponent. Not both together though.

Unread 13-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Coracao

Quote:
I'd probably go with that, the only worry would be Scholes and Giggs both starting. Makes me feel a bit uneasy these days. But then I think Anderson and Nani are too naive and inconsistent to make our best 11 too. So I'd probably swap in one of the young'uns for either Scholes or Giggs depending on form and the opponent. Not both together though.
They are the reasons i wouldnt have them in my first 11.

If i had an 11 to win a game, to save my life...that would be the team i pick

Unread 13-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Camel

Quote:
Quote:
'limited games' being the most important factor. it's far from the most creative combination. but given a chance it offers the best balance. i could be wrong. i often am. but i'm thinking of trying to maintain a semblence of control in cm whilst playing with real with some steel. also when ronnie is fit again and nani gains his red wings. long term anderson will be there.

Unread 13-09-2008, 06:47 PM
wonky no

i can't see scholes and carrick doing it as a pairing this season. hargreaves has to be in there.

Unread 13-09-2008, 06:49 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
They are the reasons i wouldnt have them in my first 11.

If i had an 11 to win a game, to save my life...that would be the team i pick
With your life on the line how would you feel about Mike Phelan preparing a gameplan?

Unread 13-09-2008, 06:50 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
'limited games' being the most important factor. it's far from the most creative combination. but given a chance it offers the best balance. i could be wrong. i often am. but i'm thinking of trying to maintain a semblence of control in cm whilst playing with real with some steel. also when ronnie is fit again and nani gains his red wings. long term anderson will be there.

You have to go on what you see, and they have been terrible from what i have seen.

I suspect Fergie has seen the same as well, as they haven't been together for a long time.

I think the top two partnerships based on what we have seen are:

Carrick-Scholes
Hargreaves - Anderson

whenever hargreaves and carrick have been together, it has shite to be honest. And that is no great downer on either player, they just don't seem to match.

Unread 13-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
i can't see scholes and carrick doing it as a pairing this season. hargreaves has to be in there.
why? Would you have hargreaves in midfield for the majority of our home games? What does he offer against the likes of Wigan?

If he is used in those games, it should be at right back, not central midfield.

Unread 13-09-2008, 06:58 PM
wonky no

Quote:
why? Would you have hargreaves in midfield for the majority of our home games? What does he offer against the likes of Wigan?

If he is used in those games, it should be at right back, not central midfield.
his ability at set pieces, his passing and his shooting. his defending is needed in most games. as keane was before him.

Unread 13-09-2008, 07:00 PM
Camel

Quote:
You have to go on what you see, and they have been terrible from what i have seen.

I suspect Fergie has seen the same as well, as they haven't been together for a long time.

I think the top two partnerships based on what we have seen are:

Carrick-Scholes
Hargreaves - Anderson

whenever hargreaves and carrick have been together, it has shite to be honest. And that is no great downer on either player, they just don't seem to match.
i have to agree to an extent. so far it's too defensive atm. and you may be right, it might never be meant to be. but you look at hargreaves when he's fully fit and he offers plenty of options going forward. i can picture him as a box to box midfielder with carrick lying deep but also playing as a sweeper allowing carrick to get forward. then next minute, the cougar puts in a crunching tackle on the edge of the box and carrick slides a 30-40yd diagonal to the wing to set up a counter. GOOOAAAAALLLLL!!!!

Unread 13-09-2008, 07:03 PM
Ether

Quote:
his ability at set pieces, his passing and his shooting. his defending is needed in most games. as keane was before him.
His passing and shooting? Has he been taking lessons over the summer?

He's inferior to Carrick and Scholes in both respects.

Unread 13-09-2008, 07:04 PM
Coracao

Quote:
To be fair, i'm not even biting on the Keane comparison

Unread 13-09-2008, 07:07 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camel
i have to agree to an extent. so far it's too defensive atm. and you may be right, it might never be meant to be. but you look at hargreaves when he's fully fit and he offers plenty of options going forward. i can picture him as a box to box midfielder with carrick lying deep but also playing as a sweeper allowing carrick to get forward. then next minute, the cougar puts in a crunching tackle on the edge of the box and carrick slides a 30-40yd diagonal to the wing to set up a counter. GOOOAAAAALLLLL!!!!
Don't get me wrong mate, I like Hargreaves, I am just going off the performances with Carrick I have seen so far, and they have been far less than impressive. Like I said previously, he had a very good partnership with Anderson. I have seen nothing at all though to suggest Hargreaves and Carrick are our best partnership, in fact i've seen more than enough to suggest otherwise.
Closed Thread