west ham

Unread 18-01-2023, 11:45 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
no way newcastle would take him.

im getting the word....

west ham
I don’t think he’d stay in England. Probably bugger off back to Monaco.

Unread 18-01-2023, 11:46 AM
Whip Hubley

Can't quite understand the logic behind slating antony constantly (RW, 16 apps, 4 goals) and praising/defending tony (ST, 12 apps, 5 goals) but there we are.

He's been here what, 8 or 9 years now? Had arguably 2 good seasons. Hugely talented but is either usually injured, or when he is playing looks like he's wondering if he left the hob on.

I have full faith in ETH whatever he decides to do, but i'll be stunned if martial remains our 'No 9' going into next season.

NedKelly

He’s got Sevilla written all over him.

MUFC One Love

Ten Hag obviously likes how Martial presses intelligently, he says it, but he will soon get tired of the lack of consistency. You can't carry players in top teams.

It's worrying how he went on loan to Sevilla, and pretty quickly they said they won't be buying him.

Unread 18-01-2023, 11:48 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Biden
Lads lads lads... Weird little goblin.
It’s ok Joe. We know. You can come through this.

Unread 18-01-2023, 11:48 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
Martial was an absolute dereliction of duty against city. Shufflijng around in midfield doing no work. He had Bruno and Rashford running past him doing his pressing for him, even shouting at him about it. So bad he got hooked at half time.
The manager is never going to publicly say he's a shot horse. He doesn't work that way, he wants to keep his value up so Newcastle or some other sucker will buy him.
Yup.

Tenners knows what he has with ‘Tone’

He’s not stupid.

Unread 18-01-2023, 11:49 AM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
He’s got Sevilla written all over him.
I follow Sevilla in the same noncey way bunks follows dutch football, and I can assure you they wouldn't touch him with yours. Widely seen as their worst loan signing in history.

Unread 18-01-2023, 11:49 AM
puressence

ipswich

Unread 18-01-2023, 11:53 AM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
I follow Sevilla in the same noncey way bunks follows dutch football, and I can assure you they wouldn't touch him with yours. Widely seen as their worst loan signing in history.
Christ i actually forgot we loaned him there.

Unread 18-01-2023, 12:02 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Can't quite understand the logic behind slating antony constantly (RW, 16 apps, 4 goals) and praising/defending tony (ST, 12 apps, 5 goals) but there we are.

He's been here what, 8 or 9 years now? Had arguably 2 good seasons. Hugely talented but is either usually injured, or when he is playing looks like he's wondering if he left the hob on.

I have full faith in ETH whatever he decides to do, but i'll be stunned if martial remains our 'No 9' going into next season.
The key season was that one where he got about 20 goals. He was our main man then and his form was good even when the teams dipped. He went into that next season as first choice and he simply had to build on that. He didn’t. He got that daft red card in the 6-1 spurs loss and we’ve barely seen him since. That felt like his big chance to nail down that 9 role and he failed. We’ll see him in and out of the team this season, the occasional moment of quality because he’s a stylish player, then he’ll be sold in the summer. Such a shame. Hugely talented, but mentally short.

Unread 18-01-2023, 12:47 PM
believe

Got Nice written all over him

Unread 18-01-2023, 01:08 PM
Joe Biden

Won every single game he's started this season....

Unread 18-01-2023, 01:14 PM
believe

Quote:
Apart from the Betis game……

(Had to look)

Unread 18-01-2023, 01:20 PM
Joe Biden

Can't really count that the Queen had just died.

Unread 18-01-2023, 01:20 PM
thatsfuctit

Even ones when he’s been subbed off at half time.

Unread 18-01-2023, 01:23 PM
Pop

One of the laziest @#%&!s I've ever seen play for Utd. Wish he'd just £#%&! off out of it and free up a spot for somebody who actually wants to put in a shift.

Garlic eating @#%&!.

Unread 18-01-2023, 01:26 PM
Ethers

Quote:
How many did he actually finish?

Unread 18-01-2023, 01:31 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr stranger
the key season was that one where he got about 20 goals. He was our main man then and his form was good even when the teams dipped. He went into that next season as first choice and he simply had to build on that. He didn’t. He got that daft red card in the 6-1 spurs loss and we’ve barely seen him since. That felt like his big chance to nail down that 9 role and he failed. We’ll see him in and out of the team this season, the occasional moment of quality because he’s a stylish player, then he’ll be sold in the summer. Such a shame. Hugely talented, but mentally short.
think that was the season he got 25

Unread 18-01-2023, 01:32 PM
goldfinger II

It's difficult to believe that his apparent lack of effort in games is due to a lack of fitness, simply because it has been going on for so long. Has this fitness problem existed for the last two and a half years? The way he plays now seems typical of his performances in that time.

Poor performances can be understood and sometimes forgiven. What annoys me most about him is that there is no discernible sign that he has any desire to do better, or even any sense that he should be doing more. He seems to think he is doing enough - but it's nowhere near enough.

Another thing.....I can't remember which game it was - there've been so many recently - but there was one game when the team were up the pitch and our left winger has the ball around the edge of their box, he rolls it back to the player occupying the left-back position - Anthony Martial, standing waiting for it. What the £#%&! is he doing in that position, our lone centre-forward? It's not the first time that's happened. That's got nothing to do with fitness. It's a dereliction of his duties as the striker.