United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 20-01-2020, 06:49 PM
Chorlton74

The protest before the Arsenal game on that sunday afternoon (2005?) did it for me. the whole point was to miss the first 15-20 minutes, yet loads just went in as normal.

whoever put those `use your shoe` initiative bins outside the ground, stroke of genius.

Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I think we’ve got enough clueless #@&%!s at the club.

ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Are they actually genuinely "fan owned" though, seriously

For example I thought Uli Hoeness basically decided everything at Bayern for yonks
Fan owned doesn't mean Waynes ears is the managing director.

They vote for people to run the club. Those people have terms and need to be reelected.

Unread 20-01-2020, 06:51 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Bayern Munich, Borussia Dortmund, Barcelona. But cant think of any above that level.

Unread 20-01-2020, 06:59 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace

They vote for people to run the club. Those people have terms and need to be reelected.
This.

Riccers, Barca fans can be members and own a stake. Realistically that's what we might have had way back when. Not quite sure how it works in Germany but it works well enough to keep ticket prices low

Unread 20-01-2020, 07:05 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
The protest before the Arsenal game on that sunday afternoon (2005?) did it for me. the whole point was to miss the first 15-20 minutes, yet loads just went in as normal.

whoever put those `use your shoe` initiative bins outside the ground, stroke of genius.
It was never going to have any real impact at that point. That level of solidarity doesn't exist beyond the hardcore of fans. When we were over on Red Issue we knew they'd fill the place with day trippers. But that was a successful Manchester United back then. A new wave of protests with a falling gate would tarnish the brand.

Something will give.

Unread 20-01-2020, 07:11 PM
Buck

Waynes ears - managing director
Jem - manager
Tiberian - assistant manager
Windy Waffles - assistant to the assistant manager
Puressence - chief scout
Sparky - team bus driver

Unread 20-01-2020, 07:44 PM
My Name is Keith

Ears > Woowar nqat

Unread 20-01-2020, 07:57 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
This.

Riccers, Barca fans can be members and own a stake. Realistically that's what we might have had way back when. Not quite sure how it works in Germany but it works well enough to keep ticket prices low
Don't know about Germany but it absolutely does not guarantee low ticket prices at Barca

Unread 21-01-2020, 12:13 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace

Yes, that seems a decent set up.

Unread 21-01-2020, 01:33 AM
d_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kaboom
The flotation took place IIRC in the run up to the cup winners cup final and the story was that added to season ticket renewals, there weren’t enough fans with spare cash to buy.
Biggest club in the world, with the biggest fan base in the world not enough fans with spare cash to buy?

I know of a boy from Malaysia who worked part time for months. Not to buy gifts for his girlfriend or get a better car or save up as a deposit for a house. He bought shares in United.

£60 it was. That was all the excess cash he had from working part time for months.

Now those share certificates worth as much as toilet paper.

The last time we talked about this and the current state of the club, he cried.

Unread 21-01-2020, 01:37 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Kaboom
The flotation took place IIRC in the run up to the cup winners cup final and the story was that added to season ticket renewals, there weren’t enough fans with spare cash to buy.
Between the share issue and Sky attempted takeover was it possible to build up a holding? Seems like the shares issue quickly disappeared from the fans view. By '05 it was far too late save for Fergie putting a block on and all that would have done is delayed the inevitable. No guarantee we would have done better than the Glazers when you think of the charlatans investing around then either.

Unread 21-01-2020, 06:35 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight
Biggest club in the world, with the biggest fan base in the world not enough fans with spare cash to buy?

I know of a boy from Malaysia who worked part time for months. Not to buy gifts for his girlfriend or get a better car or save up as a deposit for a house. He bought shares in United.

£60 it was. That was all the excess cash he had from working part time for months.

60 sheets ? Keith spends more on a starter in these s£#%&!y restaurants he goes.....

Unread 21-01-2020, 06:43 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Are they actually genuinely "fan owned" though, seriously

For example I thought Uli Hoeness basically decided everything at Bayern for yonks
Uli Hoeness ?

Doesn't he present the German version of Blockbusters ?

Ich moechte ein P bitte Uli..

Unread 21-01-2020, 08:24 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_knight

Unread 21-01-2020, 08:52 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith

Unread 21-01-2020, 08:53 AM
d_knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
60 sheets ? Keith spends more on a starter in these s£#%&!y restaurants he goes.....
Currency exchange rate?
Also proves my point. If everyone spent 60 quid then the club would be in the fans hands today, not the gimps.

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
OK, guy then or lad.
It's just a figure of speech.
He's 35 this year

Unread 21-01-2020, 11:03 AM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I think we’ve got enough clueless #@&%!s at the club.
Quote:
Have any fan owned clubs (above a certain level, anyway) actually worked?
You buy one....

Unread 21-01-2020, 11:11 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
You buy one....

Unread 21-01-2020, 11:15 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
Closed Thread