United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Will the owners actually invest this summer?
Yes absolutely 2 2.20%
No Chance 45 49.45%
Don't know 6 6.59%
Woodward is a clown who'll no doubt balls it all up 38 41.76%
Voters: 91. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 17-09-2020, 06:18 PM
bosskeano

woodward thought it was bad the last time they showed up at his house back in january...

Unread 17-09-2020, 06:21 PM
The Stella Fella

Man Utd in no money shock! Really no surprise

Unread 18-09-2020, 12:10 AM
Camel

is this even up for debate anymore.

jadon, no chance. we don't even spend 50m, mostly, a year.

Unread 18-09-2020, 12:15 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Sancho is a 10 year signing with fantastic marketability. He's not getting us any closer to winning the league..
Sancho gets us another 15-20 points, so I’d say that gets us closer to winning the league.

Unread 18-09-2020, 05:28 AM
MUFC One Love

I really did think they might build on what Ole did last season and the team he is turning us into.

Nope. They will be lucky to finish in the top 4 if they get a couple of injuries.

Unread 18-09-2020, 06:32 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
I really did think they might build on what Ole did last season and the team he is turning us into.

Nope. They will be lucky to finish in the top 4 if they get a couple of injuries.
Yet Ole will get plenty of shit next season by some on here despite having the exact same shite to play with

Unread 18-09-2020, 06:48 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love

We seem to spend more when we're desperate and chasing.

We're reactive and short-term.

They seem happy with top four, but there's no serious ambition to bridge the gap to the top.

They don't care if we're the best, so we won't be.

Unread 18-09-2020, 06:53 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
We seem to spend more when we're desperate and chasing.

We're reactive and short-term.

They seem happy with top four, but there's no serious ambition to bridge the gap to the top.

They don't care if we're the best, so we won't be.
I still think Sancho will happen with Thiago going to Liverpool, City making some more signings and Spurs looking like they're sealing Bale on loan today. But they're just biding their time for maximum exposure and publicity to milk it for every £#%&!ing penny they can with no real thought being put into the advantages of getting a deal done earlier and getting him into the squad. There's also probably a bit of hero syndrome in it as well "look what I pulled off last minute, aren't I great because I just saved the transfer window".

Unread 18-09-2020, 08:13 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I still think Sancho will happen with Thiago going to Liverpool, City making some more signings and Spurs looking like they're sealing Bale on loan today. But they're just biding their time for maximum exposure and publicity to milk it for every f***ing penny they can with no real thought being put into the advantages of getting a deal done earlier and getting him into the squad. There's also probably a bit of hero syndrome in it as well "look what I pulled off last minute, aren't I great because I just saved the transfer window".
Wishful thinking. Its man utd with woodward, judge and the glazers. They will spend another 20-35 mill on an average player from newcastle or some shite to show they were "trying" and that will be it.

Unread 18-09-2020, 08:45 AM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Yes, absolutely.
2 votes
Pure and ZiggyStardust

Unread 18-09-2020, 08:59 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon
Yes, absolutely.
2 votes
Pure and ZiggyStardust
The only two right

We did already invest this summer in Van de Beek

Not a big investment granted but still an investment

Unread 18-09-2020, 09:03 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
The only two right

Wasn’t really the question though

Will Woodward and the Glazers provide the players the manager needs-

No is the answer you’re looking for.

Unread 18-09-2020, 09:10 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Wishful thinking. Its man utd with woodward, judge and the glazers. They will spend another 20-35 mill on an average player from newcastle or some shite to show they were "trying" and that will be it.
I think if Sancho wasn't on the table then we would have picked up another couple of decent signings, but as nothing has really happened I still think that one big deal is being worked on. Not that it's enough, we still need a few more players but there's no chance in hell that's happening.

Quote:
The only two right

Yeah but the question was 'Will Ed Woodward and Glazers provide the players the manger needs this summer?'

Do you reckon Van De Beek is all we need?

Unread 18-09-2020, 09:52 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I think if Sancho wasn't on the table then we would have picked up another couple of decent signings, but as nothing has really happened I still think that one big deal is being worked on. Not that it's enough, we still need a few more players but there's no chance in hell that's happening.

Yeah but the question was 'Will Ed Woodward and Glazers provide the players the manger needs this summer?'

Do you reckon Van De Beek is all we need?
Wasn’t the title of the poll

Still think we’ll sign one or two more

Unread 18-09-2020, 09:57 AM
Dr Stranger

I still get the feeling there's life in the Sancho deal yet.

Smacks of Maguire last year. They named their price. We #@&%!ed about before finally paying it. I don't think we'll miss out on what is clearly our main target for the sake of a few million. It doesn't sound like we're miles away on price, more so details like installments.

Most deals that we've walked away from recently (Dybala, Reguilon) have had more to do with wages, the player.

If we've agreed terms with Sancho and he's been identified as the right fit, we will surely push more to get him.

Won't we?

Unread 18-09-2020, 10:01 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Wasn’t the title of the poll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I still get the feeling there's life in the Sancho deal yet.

Smacks of Maguire last year. They named their price. We #@&%!ed about before finally paying it. I don't think we'll miss out on what is clearly our main target for the sake of a few million. It doesn't sound like we're miles away on price, more so details like installments.

Most deals that we've walked away from recently (Dybala, Reguilon) have had more to do with wages, the player.

If we've agreed terms with Sancho and he's been identified as the right fit, we will surely push more to get him.

Won't we?
That's what I'm thinking, or pinning my hopes on at least.

Unread 18-09-2020, 10:03 AM
Lok

I think the club are happy to sit back and aren't allowing FOMO to take over.

We finished the season so strongly that management will almost certainly think we're closer than we actually are. Especially with Pogba staying.

Beeky was signed because it was a great option to buy a great player at a low price with a club we have good relations with.

Really wouldn't be surprised if we sign nobody else of note.

As long as fans are allowed to stay out of the stadium, we'll do ok. Our bunch of fanny's panic under the pressure of a crowd.

Unread 18-09-2020, 10:09 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lok
I think the club are happy to sit back and aren't allowing FOMO to take over.

We finished the season so strongly that management will almost certainly think we're closer than we actually are. Especially with Pogba staying.

Beeky was signed because it was a great option to buy a great player at a low price with a club we have good relations with.

Really wouldn't be surprised if we sign nobody else of note.

As long as fans are allowed to stay out of the stadium, we'll do ok. Our bunch of fanny's panic under the pressure of a crowd.
Whilst i agree, you would hope Ole has told them that we can't be complacent. We looked lethargic towards the end of the campaign and we need players in. Ole has said we need signings so if we don't get them in, the buck absolutely sits with Woodward but you know full well, Ole will be the fall guy.

Unread 18-09-2020, 10:17 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Whilst i agree, you would hope Ole has told them that we can't be complacent. We looked lethargic towards the end of the campaign and we need players in. Ole has said we need signings so if we don't get them in, the buck absolutely sits with Woodward but you know full well, Ole will be the fall guy.
With the shit window i have a feeling the fans will back ole over him. With the current squad if he gets top 4 it will be a huge achievement.

Can see him getting the sack around dec if we get some injuries sadly

Unread 18-09-2020, 11:40 AM
Mr_Ed

Closed Thread