United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-09-2020, 02:22 PM
BarryX

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Personally, if it's Bale or nobody, I'd rather nobody. Not a single person wanted him or felt we needed him until it was clear he was available.
All logical, Doc. I wouldn't have wanted him, either, unless I was told a month ago: it's Bale on loan or nothing. As for the Iggy haters on here Such a top lad.

Unread 17-09-2020, 02:22 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Answered your own question there haven't you waffles, which was kind of my point you big wet the bed

Unread 17-09-2020, 02:25 PM
Bunker Buster

£#%&!ing hate that heart celebration' as well...

unless it's Lord Rooney

Unread 17-09-2020, 03:06 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Well it is kind of the point, because part of your previous post was comparing it to Sanchez who you said wasn’t really low risk, and had the trouble of getting rid of them etc.

It’s very different with Bale because the fact it’s a loan removes most of the risk.

Your point about him maybe not fitting the profile is a fair one, but I still think for the right money it was worth a gamble. If he walks in, is up for it and does well, ideal. If he doesn’t, he plays golf for a year and everyone knows he’s leaving anyway.

As it is, looks like Spurs are desperate so will be paying a daft amount, and I’m not sure I’d have wanted us matching that.
I think there's a risk of disrupting what you're trying to do.

If we've got a plan, a way of doing things, I think going against that undermines the message. If he's just looking to get out of Madrid, what's his attitude going to be like? What's his fitness like? If he's unfit, do you start him? If so, what message does that send to the rest of the players.

Financially, it might be relatively low risk and - fair enough - you don't have to problem of trying to sell him, but the risk comes in other forms too.

I'm not saying any of this would happen with Bale, he could do well, but it would be a reactionary signing and those are the type that have killed us and left us with a squad of misfits.

It's the type of player we don't go for anymore, so we shouldn't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

unless it's Lord Rooney
Reason enough to leave it.

Unread 17-09-2020, 03:49 PM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
unless it's Lord Rooney
Should be a dealbreaker for any player. Worst celebration ever invented

Unread 17-09-2020, 03:54 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by guerreiro
Should be a dealbreaker for any player. Worst celebration ever invented

Unread 17-09-2020, 09:01 PM
armchair

picking europa over champions league tells you all you need to know about bale and #@&%!edlion.

Unread 17-09-2020, 09:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
picking europa over champions league tells you all you need to know about bale and #@&%!edlion.
I seriously doubt United were ever in for Bale, and Regulion had no option as United wouldn't accept stupid clauses

£#%&! them both.

Unread 17-09-2020, 09:05 PM
AK14

Front three of Rashers-Martial-Bale would have guaranteed us at least 4th imo

Not even his biggest fan tbh.

Maybe the reason we’re not in for him is because the board are confident in getting Sancho?

Unread 18-09-2020, 01:14 PM
redhegemony

If Spurs get Bale we should shove a bid in for Son

Unread 18-09-2020, 02:07 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
If Spurs get Bale we should shove a bid in for Son

new to United?

Unread 18-09-2020, 02:41 PM
Baron

Son is a good player, but he's not elevating a side above their station, ever.

He averages maybe 11 goals in a season, same again with assists, he has a great workrate to compliment that as well but really it's just not world class & Spurs would want Sancho money.

Unread 18-09-2020, 03:44 PM
bosskeano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron

He averages maybe 11 goals in a season, same again with assists, he has a great workrate to compliment that as well but really it's just not world class & Spurs would want Sancho money.
agreed Spurs would want Sancho type money but crazy to think he wouldn't elevate this United team.

saw video of Bale and Reguilon arriving at the new spurs stadium to sign their deals.

we are being lapped in the transfer market by teams around us....this is not good

Unread 18-09-2020, 04:22 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron

Ferie would have bought Son a couple of years ago.

Unread 18-09-2020, 04:29 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Ferie would have bought Son a couple of years ago.
More like Alli from the sound of it.

Unread 18-09-2020, 04:31 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
More like Alli from the sound of it.
Probably both

Unread 18-09-2020, 04:33 PM
utd99

The simple litmus test for a club rebuilding should be whether a player is on the way up or on the way down. Overpaid players with diminishing returns and unrealistic expectations based on past performances are a losing proposition; we should know this by now.

Unread 18-09-2020, 04:42 PM
Drexl

Quote:
The simple litmus test for a club rebuilding should be whether a player is on the way up or on the way down. Overpaid players with diminishing returns and unrealistic expectations based on past performances are a losing proposition; we should know this by now.
That does kind of imply we are in the business of trading players

we arent. there is literally zero income expected off trading

Unread 18-09-2020, 04:46 PM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
I disagree. There’s nothing wrong with bringing in world class players with a good level of experience even when rebuilding.

And what is overpaid? You could argue that Rashford is overpaid? because he’d earn less at another top club. Is Phil Jones overpaid because hen doesn’t contribute much to the team (thankfully)?.

Unread 18-09-2020, 04:51 PM
bosskeano

actually a player like Bale, highly experienced, is probably what we actually need with our forwards b/c they are still young and learning
Closed Thread