United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-09-2020, 01:21 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Ole doesn’t like his attitude apparently, particularly in training, and thinks he’s a bit of a @#%&!.

My man.

Unread 15-09-2020, 08:12 AM
barca99

Two of these shit @#%&!s are still here.

Have we sold anyone this summer? Suppose you cant when you dont buy replcements.

Looking forward to seeing a back 4 of Dalot, Jones, Smalling and Rojo

Unread 15-09-2020, 08:17 AM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Two of these shit @#%&!s are still here.

Have we sold anyone this summer? Suppose you cant when you dont buy replcements.

Looking forward to seeing a back 4 of Dalot, Jones, Smalling and Rojo
I think it's the other way round: we can't replace them because we need to get them out the door first.

It's hardly surprising. There's probably interested clubs who could make use of them, but when they learn they'll have to break their wage structure for Phil £#%&!ing Jones, it's suddenly not so appealing.

The big contracts we've dished out to new signings and expiring contract players over the last few years has killed our progress.

Unread 15-09-2020, 08:19 AM
barca99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I think it's the other way round: we can't replace them because we need to get them out the door first.

It's hardly surprising. There's probably interested clubs who could make use of them, but when they learn they'll have to break their wage structure for Phil f***ing Jones, it's suddenly not so appealing.

The big contracts we've dished out to new signings and expiring contract players over the last few years has killed our progress.
Its a bit of chicken and egg. Get rid and dont replace them we are £#%&!ed.

Either way we are leaving it very, very late as per usual

Unread 15-09-2020, 08:33 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Its a bit of chicken and egg. Get rid and dont replace them we are £#%&!ed.

Either way we are leaving it very, very late as per usual
How are we £#%&!ed if we sell all 4

Two of them were out on loan last season and the other two barely played

Just get them out the club and move on
Unless we can get our money back I'd send Dalot out on loan as he might actually show he's got some quality and improve his value

Unread 23-09-2020, 06:46 PM
AK14

Unread 23-09-2020, 06:57 PM
ScarFace

These names together read like Fred & Rose West, to me.

Unread 23-09-2020, 07:48 PM
bosskeano

that's a sorry ass list of players

Unread 23-09-2020, 07:58 PM
dunk

Time to get to releasing on a free imo. Let them get their careers going, reduce our squad.

Unread 23-09-2020, 08:00 PM
Sparky***

Well, I for one, am shocked.

Unread 23-09-2020, 08:05 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Well, I for one, am shocked.

Basing it on absolutely nothing but I assume that most clubs with a competent recruitment team spend the season speaking to other recruitment teams to see a) who is available and at what price and b) who there may be interest in from their own squad. Again, based on nothing other than years of watching us shift next to no-one but I get the impression our lot just wait for the phone to ring at the end of the season for players we want to shift.

Unread 23-09-2020, 08:15 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd

Basing it on absolutely nothing but I assume that most clubs with a competent recruitment team spend the season speaking to other recruitment teams to see a) who is available and at what price and b) who there may be interest in from their own squad. Again, based on nothing other than years of watching us shift next to no-one but I get the impression our lot just wait for the phone to ring at the end of the season for players we want to shift.
I'd think the players agent would be in dialog with the club and would through his contacts let it be known that the player is available, the wages he;slooking for and fee.

Unread 23-09-2020, 08:22 PM
bosskeano

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Time to get to releasing on a free imo. Let them get their careers going, reduce our squad.
i don't think they would leave on a free unless they could find a club to match their wages. we might be stuck doing something like what happened with sanchez, we had to buyout his contract and give him some walking money.

Unread 23-09-2020, 08:25 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaPaz
I'd think the players agent would be in dialog with the club and would through his contacts let it be known that the player is available, the wages he;slooking for and fee.
Presumably there needs to be some level of pro-activeness on the part of the selling club? I struggle to believe that Bournemouth needed no encouragement to throw £35m at Liverpool for Solanke and Ibe.

Unread 23-09-2020, 08:41 PM
LaPaz

Quote:
Presumably there needs to be some level of pro-activeness on the part of the selling club? I struggle to believe that Bournemouth needed no encouragement to throw £35m at Liverpool for Solanke and Ibe.
I doubt there is any set way that deals get initiated. In some cases i'm sure the buying club contact the selling club and negotiate the transfer. Obivously the players agent would be involved and negotiate with both clubs regarding contracts.

Unread 23-09-2020, 08:48 PM
dunk

Football

You’d have to think their agents have been told to find them a new club and failed, miserably. Either that or couldn’t get anything near their current deals and didn’t try too hard.

Put yourself in their shoes; huge, long contracts at Manchester United, training a bit and watching the first team all over the World. You’d have to dig me out of there ffs, my agent would be under strict instructions not to accept calls. £#%&! going to play in a relegation battle or in some shit league somewhere.

Unread 23-09-2020, 08:50 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
You’d have to think their agents have been told to find them a new club and failed, miserably. Either that or couldn’t get anything near their current deals and didn’t try too hard.
But surely agents live for their next commission? What use is Lingard to Raiola if he's sat there coining in a contract he didn't even negotiate?

Unread 23-09-2020, 08:52 PM
dunk

Quote:
But surely agents live for their next commission? What use is Lingard to Raiola if he's sat there coining in a contract he didn't even negotiate?
Don’t they get 10% of the wages/contract anyway? Bad business for Rojo’s agent to take him from £80,000.00 a week to £25,000.00 a week, really

Unread 23-09-2020, 08:54 PM
Jethro

It's madness really. Take the hit and pay them off. It's the only answer.

Unread 23-09-2020, 08:56 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Don’t they get 10% of the wages/contract anyway? Bad business for Rojo’s agent to take him from £80,000.00 a week to £25,000.00 a week, really
They can take a cut of contract instead of lump sum but Raiola didn't negotiate Lingard's deal so there is no way he's paying him a retainer for nothing and even if he was it would be worth less to Raiola then a cut of a transfer fee.
Closed Thread