United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Love United, Hate Glazer

Unread 28-02-2023, 03:39 PM
est.1878

Next person to come out as an accountant gets pitted

Unread 28-02-2023, 04:27 PM
Chris Quayd

He was told by Murtough and chief executive Richard Arnold that after going big in the market last summer, finances meant only loans were possible in January. Due to financial fair play regulations, Ten Hag has been informed he effectively has to sell to buy in the summer

Being reported today

Unread 28-02-2023, 05:09 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
He was told by Murtough and chief executive Richard Arnold that after going big in the market last summer, finances meant only loans were possible in January. Due to financial fair play regulations, Ten Hag has been informed he effectively has to sell to buy in the summer

Being reported today
I've read that before. Heard we're losing about £2m a week or something?

how the hell is that even possible?

Unread 28-02-2023, 08:30 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

No CL has taken a massive bite out of the revenue streams.

That and costs have increased. Finance costs rose from around £37m to £87m in the latest annual report. Wages are also up, but you could argue you get what you pay for, usually. But with Ronaldo and Pogba now off the books, that's taken a nose dive.

The more concerning thing is that equity (what we have v what we owe) has dropped steadily over five years - £427m, £415m, £351m, £272m, £127m. This is another reason that I thought the Glazers have to sell; there's not much left to refinance against.

Unread 28-02-2023, 08:30 PM
Hyman_Roth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***

A highly leveraged acquisition that relies on low interest rates is in trouble when those interest rates increase. I’m guessing.

We’ve had insanely low interest rates from 2010 onwards haven’t we?

Protesters shouldn’t be trying to stop games at OT. They should have placards outside the BOE that insist on higher interest rates. The Galzers would be gone in no time.

Unread 28-02-2023, 08:31 PM
The taste of...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Wasn't that due to the war and his assets being frozen...
Indeed it was. They could pay staff but couldn’t even sell a single scarf or half time brew. Complete operational paralysis. They needed to complete pronto

Unread 28-02-2023, 08:37 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
A highly leveraged acquisition that relies on low interest rates is in trouble when those interest rates increase. I’m guessing.

We’ve had insanely low interest rates from 2010 onwards haven’t we?

Protesters shouldn’t be trying to stop games at OT. They should have placards outside the BOE that insist on higher interest rates. The Galzers would be gone in no time.
Happy to lead a mob alongside Baron, Marls, Rougers at the Jackson Hole symposium. ‘Raise interest rates and ski lifts’ placards, the fed (Glazer debt held over here iirc) would soon get the message. Can set up a gofundme to get the ball rolling.

Unread 28-02-2023, 08:42 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
No CL has taken a massive bite out of the revenue streams.

That and costs have increased. Finance costs rose from around £37m to £87m in the latest annual report. Wages are also up, but you could argue you get what you pay for, usually. But with Ronaldo and Pogba now off the books, that's taken a nose dive.

The more concerning thing is that equity (what we have v what we owe) has dropped steadily over five years - £427m, £415m, £351m, £272m, £127m. This is another reason that I thought the Glazers have to sell; there's not much left to refinance against.
The brand is worth billions tbf, irrespective of our numbers (as u clearly 7nderstand, i'm just say8ng)

I reckon the glazers will sell a partial share, macie etc will £#%&! off,pony tail and little round specs will takeover

Unread 28-02-2023, 09:54 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drexl
The brand is worth billions tbf, irrespective of our numbers (as u clearly 7nderstand, i'm just say8ng)

I reckon the glazers will sell a partial share, macie etc will £#%&! off,pony tail and little round specs will takeover
Who's going to pay upward of £3bn not to have control of the club though?

Unread 28-02-2023, 09:59 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Who's going to pay upward of £3bn not to have control of the club though?
This is what worries me

Investment conglomerate would be worse than the old plc

Unread 28-02-2023, 10:17 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
This is what worries me

Investment conglomerate would be worse than the old plc
What investment conglomerate?

Serious question - who is going to back them?

Unread 28-02-2023, 10:33 PM
Drexl

There was a link today that wouldleave the glazers in majority

Two mins, hard to link from this phonr

mirror link, but

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footb...r-bid-29332733

Unread 28-02-2023, 10:34 PM
92ToBury

I've seen it - Genevra.

A £#%&!ing hedge fund.

Unread 28-02-2023, 10:39 PM
Drexl

Quote:
I've seen it - Genevra.

A £#%&!ing hedge fund.
oh

why make me go to the hasle of linking it then?

Quote:
What investment conglomerate?

Serious question - who is going to back them?

Unread 28-02-2023, 10:40 PM
dunk

Get your phone fixed Drexl ffs

Unread 28-02-2023, 10:41 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
oh

why make me go to the hasle of linking it then?
I've just looked before I posted. Thought you might £#%&! it up given your screen is knackered.

Unread 28-02-2023, 10:43 PM
Drexl

Quote:
I've just looked before I posted. Thought you might £#%&! it up given your screen is knackered.

fair play

literally run up to my pc to post

you are welcome, you bastards

Unread 28-02-2023, 10:44 PM
dunk

Quote:

fair play

Unread 28-02-2023, 10:48 PM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

ahh happy days

At least we lads can laugh

Unread 28-02-2023, 11:12 PM
92ToBury

Quote:

fair play

The only interesting part is the conditions that they are putting on the investment. Which are unknown.