United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 17-01-2021, 03:43 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
That line up

I honestly would love to know WHY Ole thinks Lindelof is a better defender than Bailly?!

I get the inclusion of The Scottish Player because in spite of his poor footballing ability he makes up with it in athleticism and dynamism but I don’t get the Lindelof thing

He’s not even a better passer of the ball than Bailly imo so weird but I’m hoping this doesn’t cost us

I prefer Bailly too, but I don’t think there’s THAT much between them. Bailly is in good form and that would have given him the nod for me, but he’s just as capable of a massive £#%&! up as Lindelof.

The rest of the team is what we expected and I think the pace of Martial up front is the right choice.

Come on, United

ScarFace

Quote:
That line up

I honestly would love to know WHY Ole thinks Lindelof is a better defender than Bailly?!

Fellow nord innit. Probably up all night discussing canned fish & shit weather.

Palmer

Lindelof. Wow.

Unread 17-01-2021, 03:46 PM
triple sod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Very surprised he hasn't gone 5 at the back to negate their full backs. But in Ole we trust
He's done that in the two previous games against them

But I think when they haven't got a recognised CB on the pitch we've got to get after their defence

Maybe Leipzig has scarred him as well

2-1 United

Unread 17-01-2021, 03:46 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I prefer Bailly too, but I don’t think there’s THAT much between them. Bailly is in good form and that would have given him the nod for me, but he’s just as capable of a massive f*** up as Lindelof.

The rest of the team is what we expected and I think the pace of Martial up front is the right choice.

Come on, United
You reckon? I think even on a bad day Bailly is better, yes he’s rash as £#%&! but he’s comfortably our best CB, he’s probably Maguire’s best partner too.

But like you said the rest of the team is what we all would have wanted so it should be enough to get the job done

Fabinho and Henderson are playing centre back ffs if we can’t beat these lot with that back line we will only have ourselves to blame

Unread 17-01-2021, 03:47 PM
armchair

Unread 17-01-2021, 03:52 PM
Tronics

so that confirms it, Lindelof is our 1st choice centre-back, oh well, we move i guess...

Unread 17-01-2021, 03:56 PM
NedKelly

Let us feast on the blood of our enemies.

nick henry

Come on United

Dr Stranger

Quote:
You reckon? I think even on a bad day Bailly is better, yes he’s rash as £#%&! but he’s comfortably our best CB, he’s probably Maguire’s best partner too.

But like you said the rest of the team is what we all would have wanted so it should be enough to get the job done

Fabinho and Henderson are playing centre back ffs if we can’t beat these lot with that back line we will only have ourselves to blame
I’d have gone with Bailly too, but we’ve got a fantastic away record with Lindelof in there most of that time.

Agree on the Liverpool CBS. We should be all over that. If we can handle their full backs bombing on and their delivery into the box, we’ll give ourselves a good chance.

Concentration levels needed and big game head. None of this passive, cagey shit.

Unread 17-01-2021, 03:57 PM
barca99

Lindelof we deserve everything that decision will bring.

That said, looking at their CB pairing its there to be got at.

United win 3-2

Unread 17-01-2021, 03:58 PM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99

Unread 17-01-2021, 03:59 PM
Mr_Ed

Need to get the ball moved quickly. None of this passing about at the back with their high pressing.

Got to get into them.

Unread 17-01-2021, 04:00 PM
The Stella Fella

Worried the slow starts have started to creep back in to us, like Burnley recently.

Bailly should be starting and has been the stand out over the last 3/4 games. Wrong decision for Ole to change that as he was also keeping Slab focussed.

Really hope I m wrong but we haven’t done well against the bigger teams this season and I can’t see a change today.

Same result as last season I fear

Unread 17-01-2021, 04:01 PM
JamesPolk

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Lindelof we deserve everything that decision will bring.

United win 3-2
both teams are having subpair CBs tonight, what are the bettting odds on scorless draw? must be astromical odds now.
With that said I hope we beat them as they are long over due a lose at home.

Unread 17-01-2021, 04:03 PM
Tuco

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace

Unread 17-01-2021, 04:05 PM
no fun

Strangely relaxed about this

2-0 for the murderers

Unread 17-01-2021, 04:07 PM
Vedder

Need Martial and Rashford on top form today to win this.

Unread 17-01-2021, 04:11 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Need Martial and Rashford on top form today to win this.
Yes. And Bruno. None of them have been great the last 3 or 4 games, so we really need them to be at it.

Let’s face it, it’s one of those where everyone needs to be bang at it. This lot haven’t lost here in 64 league games and there’s an aura around them with teams coming here. We can’t buy into that. We need to be bang at it, confident and high concentration or we’ll get edged out in key moments.

Unread 17-01-2021, 04:12 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Need Martial Injured in the warm up and subbed for Cavani today to win this.
Amended