United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-01-2021, 02:02 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Can he defend as well as AWB tho? Cos I don't think he can & that's the primary concern.
Dunno. I've never been particularly impressed by him, has got a wicked right peg though.

Would be Telles for the right, I suppose, slightly more attacking and better delivery, not quite as solid defensively.

Unread 18-01-2021, 02:16 PM
NedKelly

Trippier is a fantastic crosser and an average defender.

Unread 18-01-2021, 02:21 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Dunno. I've never been particularly impressed by him, has got a wicked right peg though.

Would be Telles for the right, I suppose, slightly more attacking and better delivery, not quite as solid defensively.
Good comparison....

On

Unread 18-01-2021, 02:22 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Good comparison....

On
Some talk of us waiting and signing him in summer as he's now banned until March.

Unread 18-01-2021, 03:47 PM
Vida_15

if he is playing for Simeone, he's getting a proper lesson in how to defend

Unread 18-01-2021, 03:48 PM
Baron

Quote:
Some talk of us waiting and signing him in summer as he's now banned until March.
That's only 6 weeks, hardly like he can't come in & train and get settled as if he were injured. Atleti must be more inclined to move him on if we're willing to pay for him & his wages.

We'd actually be able to play 3 at the back if we had him & Telles in the squad.

What sort of fee are we talking? Anything under £15m sounds fine to me.

Unread 18-01-2021, 03:53 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
That's only 6 weeks, hardly like he can't come in & train and get settled as if he were injured. Atleti must be more inclined to move him on if we're willing to pay for him & his wages.

We'd actually be able to play 3 at the back if we had him & Telles in the squad.

What sort of fee are we talking? Anything under £15m sounds fine to me.
£10m I've seen, would've thought they'd want more though.

Unread 18-01-2021, 03:57 PM
Vida_15

6 weeks?? £#%&! me that's all?

we've been carrying duffers like Jones, Rojo, Lingard for months and years so what is 6 weeks?

Unread 18-01-2021, 03:57 PM
Baron

Quote:
£10m I've seen, would've thought they'd want more though.
Pull the trigger, the right side is woefully imbalanced compared to the left with regards to any kind of attacking quality. You'd have to think the competition will focus AWB as well, Shaw has really sorted himself out since Telles arrived.

Unread 18-01-2021, 03:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Pull the trigger, the right side is woefully imbalanced compared to the right with regards to any kind of attacking quality. You'd have to think the competition will focus AWB as well, Shaw has really sorted himself out since Telles arrived.
Agreed.

Was talk of the kid at Norwich, Aarons, too, but it's experience they're after.

Could make all the difference in games at OT against packed defences.

Unread 18-01-2021, 04:10 PM
Vida_15

Trippier is solid but at 30 what kind of contract and money are they willing to give him?

that clearly sends a message to Williams that he's not good enough and stops us from going after a guy like Aarons or Lamptey(Brighton kid) for the foreseeable future especially with Dalot still on the books

Unread 18-01-2021, 04:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vida_15
Trippier is solid but at 30 what kind of contract and money are they willing to give him?

that clearly sends a message to Williams that he's not good enough and stops us from going after a guy like Aarons or Lamptey(Brighton kid) for the foreseeable future especially with Dalot still on the books
Dalot will be sold. The fact they're looking at someone at 30 rather than Aarons implies that Williams is in their plans and they want him to go out and get games. As they've done with Laird. imo.

Unread 18-01-2021, 04:46 PM
Vida_15

tough for williams then knowing you'll be out on loan for a season or two at least if this move takes place

he's young though and needs to play so it would make sense to get him out on loan somewhere and getting games

Unread 18-01-2021, 04:55 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
https://twitter.com/guardian_sport/s...636947460?s=20

Cost us a new signing this, seems we were after bringing him in as an attacking alternative to AWB..
I know, I said that on page one...

Unread 18-01-2021, 04:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
I know, I said that on page one...
Yes, but that was you..

Unread 18-01-2021, 05:06 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Yes, but that was you..