United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 17-10-2010, 03:16 PM
Baron

Default Re: *Official* United v West Brom Match Thread - Teams, Links and Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
BTW, 3 of those you mentioned from madrid are being shipped out in January/Summer. (Gago, Leon and Benz).
Gago & Benzema will be genuinely excellent if they go to the right clubs. I sincerely £#%&!inh hope they don't end up at Liverpool

Unread 17-10-2010, 03:17 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron_van_Marlon
Gago & Benzema will be genuinely excellent if they go to the right clubs. I sincerely £#%&!inh hope they don't end up at Liverpool
The Leon one is £#%&!ing strange, Mourinho sanctioned the signing in the summer. he turned up late to 2 training sessions and failed to listen to coach instructions in one game = straight on transfer list.

He's ruthless that Jose.

Unread 17-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Liu Jian

Quote:
Theyve not just spent a fair whack Liu, theyve spent a ridiculous amount of money throughout their history, and in the last 4 years on young players.

Thats why im surprised at how bad Citys squad looks despite spending £400m in 2 years. They should be streets ahead of us who have spent nothing much in the same period.

BTW, 3 of those you mentioned from madrid are being shipped out in January/Summer. (Gago, Leon and Benz).
Agreed, but all good players though, particularly Benzema.

Marcelo, Higuain, Ozil and Kedira were all good signings though. I'd probably throw Ramo in that category aswell.

Unread 17-10-2010, 03:24 PM
magic_cantona

Thumbs up Re: *Official* United v West Brom Match Thread - Teams, Links and Value

Quote:
The Leon one is £#%&!ing strange, Mourinho sanctioned the signing in the summer. he turned up late to 2 training sessions and failed to listen to coach instructions in one game = straight on transfer list.

He's ruthless that Jose.
Closest thing to Ferie in that respect.

Keep saying it, Jose is the only real choice.

Unread 17-10-2010, 03:25 PM
Baron

Quote:

He's ruthless that Jose.
Didn't know about that, that's £#%&!ing hilarious

Maybe it's like the Orson Welles thing, he fires someone on set to rule by fear... smart cookie that Mourinho.

Unread 17-10-2010, 03:28 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liu Jian
Agreed, but all good players though, particularly Benzema.

Marcelo, Higuain, Ozil and Kedira were all good signings though. I'd probably throw Ramo in that category aswell.
Ramos was a proper United style signing , splashing big money for a young player in their league. 30m euros it was for him as an 18 year old.

The sort of thing we used to do.

We'd be paying big money for the likes of Banega and this guy if we werent broke;

The sad thing is, we had an agreement to sign Pastore from Huracan in 2009 but he rejected us because he didnt think hed get minutes on the pitch. Real pity as Gibson played a lot last season unfortunately. So forget £8m, now he costs £25m+

Unread 17-10-2010, 03:29 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
liverpool are a great club. i hope they improve and improve quickly. i hope they do it without throwing stupid money at the transfer market. the ideal scenario would be for United, Liverpool and Arsenal - the three great power houses of english football - to be back at the top of the tree. a vermin strikeforce of Torres and Benzema might not be the worst thing in the world in the bigger picture.

Unread 17-10-2010, 03:54 PM
rebelcountyred

Thumbs up Re: *Official* United v West Brom Match Thread - Teams, Links and Value

Cathcart starting for blackpool, good luck to the lad.

Unread 17-10-2010, 03:55 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
Cathcart starting for blackpool, good luck to the lad.
Yes, he'll need it.

Unread 17-10-2010, 03:57 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Yes, he'll need it.
yep and nice to see that josh king is back from injury and starting for preston.

Unread 17-10-2010, 04:05 PM
wonky no

Quote:
I think Roy is the man to lead us back into the Premier League. no point now in trying to get someone decent like Sam Allardyce.

Unread 17-10-2010, 04:06 PM
wonky no

oops!

Unread 17-10-2010, 04:10 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
liverpool are a great club. i hope they improve and improve quickly. i hope they do it without throwing stupid money at the transfer market. the ideal scenario would be for United, Liverpool and Arsenal - the three great power houses of english football - to be back at the top of the tree. a vermin strikeforce of Torres and Benzema might not be the worst thing in the world in the bigger picture.
£#%&! off to their forum then.

After all the epic reach-arounds they're giving this new owner I hope they stay shit.

Unread 17-10-2010, 04:16 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
£#%&! off to their forum then.

After all the epic reach-arounds they're giving this new owner I hope they stay shit.
Good pints, well made. Bravo sir.

Unread 17-10-2010, 04:18 PM
wonky no

Quote:
why would you want that? id much prefer the league to be much more even. with us in the mix, obviously. £#%&! having a regular top 3/4

Unread 17-10-2010, 04:47 PM
rebelcountyred

Quote:
wum

Unread 17-10-2010, 04:59 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
wum
Yup. Bit *too* obvious that time, Throbbers mate

Unread 18-10-2010, 09:44 AM
Stakker

Quote:
no. i'm really not.

and while most of you lot seem to whine on about the debt and about how we should sign marquee players and pay them what they want, i think you'll find i've been slagging off player wages, the premier league, sky and all the £#%&!ing rest of it for years
h
Speaking of Marquees, did anyone else go to the MUST event at Trafford Park Hotel Car Park pre-match on Saturday?

Unread 18-10-2010, 10:41 AM
Baron

Quote:
not if they've still got wenger in charge they won't. they'll maybe cherry pick one or two top players in key positions and set about moulding them into a proper team.

i'm a traditionalist. i don't mind new challengers coming along. but if we have to put up with the Parmas, Blackburns, Chelseas and Liars of this world then it would be better if they still had to compete with the 3 actual top clubs in the history of english football, and not just with each other's (other people's) money.
That's all they need though realistically. They're well capable of using the players they have & finishing in the top 3. If they kept Fabregas & van Persie fit for the entire season they'd even go close to challenging at the moment given the mediocrity of this league at the moment. Give them £30m to spend on 2 or 3 players, one a 'keeper & a proper decent midfielder they'd be a very good side.

Unread 18-10-2010, 01:08 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
That's all they need though realistically. They're well capable of using the players they have & finishing in the top 3. If they kept Fabregas & van Persie fit for the entire season they'd even go close to challenging at the moment given the mediocrity of this league at the moment. Give them £30m to spend on 2 or 3 players, one a 'keeper & a proper decent midfielder they'd be a very good side.
no doubt.

but arsenal could very easily have bought a goalkeeper this summer. none of the top teams had to spend silly money for their current 1st choice keeper

would you count say Darren Fletcher as a proper decent midfielder? he cost United £#%&! all