United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 16-10-2010, 02:10 PM
safingtons

Default Re: *Official* United v West Brom Match Thread - Teams, Links and Value

Edited the team, Anderson doesn't play on the left as Giggsy starts. No Scholesy.

Unread 16-10-2010, 02:12 PM
The Watcher

Good opportunity for Anderson and Carrick.

Hopefully Wayne won't go crying to the press again after the match

Come on United!

Unread 16-10-2010, 02:12 PM
Coracao

Subs: Kuszczak, Rooney, Smalling, Scholes, O'Shea, Macheda, Gibson

Unread 16-10-2010, 02:14 PM
Ginners

glad rooney isnt playing, needs to realise hes not bigger than the team

Unread 16-10-2010, 02:15 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Good opportunity for Anderson and Carrick.

Hopefully Wayne won't go crying to the press again the match

Come on United!
He wasn't crying to be fair, he's been done over by the press again. And people wonder why players don't talk. All he said was that he was fit, Rooney will always say he's fit unless his leg is in two pieces. It was just a normal Rooney comment, yet the press twisted it into him crossing Fergie. Embarrassing stuff from the usual suspects, Taylor, Kay et al.

Danny Murphy is another case, speaks honestly and gets crucified.

Sullingtons

Maybe we've reverted back to the days of Rooney as a super sub.

RedMenace

What's that four games in a row for Rio including England? Been a while since he managed that I'd say, good to see.

Coracao

Someone should probably give Ramone a ring and check on his well being.

Unread 16-10-2010, 02:17 PM
safingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
What's that four games in a row for Rio including England? Been a while since he managed that I'd say, good to see.
Was saying on here when he was on the verge of returning - maybe that unserious knee injury could be a blessing in disguise and give Rio his longest break from football since the back troubles started. So far so good.

People made a big fuss of him standing for most of the flight to Valencia, a lot of players do that sometimes. It's nothing out of the ordinary and was just precautionary but like everything else connected to United - it will be blown up ten fold...

Unread 16-10-2010, 02:18 PM
The Watcher

Exclamation Re: *Official* United v West Brom Match Thread - Teams, Links and Value

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Someone should probably give Ramone a ring and check on his well being.
I think he's supporting WBA until Rooney come on.

Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by safingtons
Was saying on here when he was on the verge of returning - maybe that unserious knee injury could be a blessing in disguise and give Rio his longest break from football since the back troubles started. So far so good.

People made a big fuss of him standing for most of the flight to Valencia, a lot of players do that sometimes. It's nothing out of the ordinary and was just precautionary but like everything else connected to United - it will be blown up ten fold...
Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.

Sullingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Thanks for sharing your knowledge with us.
Saffers is a good poster these days imo. He's just unrecognisable from how I remember him.

Unread 16-10-2010, 02:19 PM
Sloane

we have already £#%&!ed up the team announcement this could be a bad day

Unread 16-10-2010, 02:34 PM
Sloppy

Its on espn2 here http://www.espa.tv/channel/elmo2

Unread 16-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Tronics

Good team that

Hopefully Carrick will grow some balls and boss the game, won't be easy as West Brom are in good form. Ando's dine alright the past couple too

If it all goes pear shaped atleast we've got a chomping at the bit Rooney ready to pounce!

Unread 16-10-2010, 02:47 PM
Sloane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
Good team that

Hopefully Carrick will grow some balls and boss the game, won't be easy as West Brom are in good form. Ando's dine alright the past couple too

If it all goes pear shaped atleast we've got a chomping at the bit Rooney ready to pounce!
ando deffo loves to dine.

Unread 16-10-2010, 02:48 PM
MJ Ramone

Bad news about Wazza not starting. Not in the context of the game itself, just that it shows there obviously is some kinda friction between him & Fergie.
I'm sure that pleases some, but to me it's the last thing we wanted to happen from a playing point of view this season.
The Press will be all over it & the bullshit will run & run...

Tbh, whenever the team news comes in these days I could never have second guessed it. We play a completely different side pretty much every week.

I hope Chico get's his first Old Trafford goal today.

Unread 16-10-2010, 02:48 PM
borsuk

be interesting to see how carrick and anderson work as a midfield pair, on paper anderson's aggression and ability to carry the ball should marry well with carrick's positional awareness and passing range, be interesting to see.

pleased to see hernandez and berbatov together, that looks a really well balanced front two.

all possible right backs are available for united, aren't they? looks like rafael has cemented his place as first choice if so, about time too.

Unread 16-10-2010, 02:49 PM
Tiberian

Looking for positive signs from Anderson and Carrick. Both should have a good 2 weeks of solid training behind them. Anderson was one of the few players to impress at Sunderland, he was not brilliant by any means, sloppy with his passing, but on occasion he showed impressive strength and a willingness to be progressive.

The front pairing is also eye catching, Berbs with no international football should be raring to go, and Hernandez has had a couple of cameos that have demanded a start.

Unread 16-10-2010, 02:50 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Bad news about Wazza not starting. Not in the context of the game itself, just that it shows there obviously is some kinda friction between him & Fergie.
I'm sure that pleases some, but to me it's the last thing we wanted to happen from a playing point of view this season.
The Press will be all over it & the bullshit will run & run...

Tbh, whenever the team news comes in these days I could never have second guessed it. We play a completely different side pretty much every week.

I hope Chico get's his first Old Trafford goal today.
Something like 100+ games since the same XI have been named I read the other day.