United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-01-2021, 12:26 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Burnley next. Big game for them, they'll either smash them and be right back on track or Burnley will bully £#%&! out of them and increase the doubts
They’re really struggling with teams who sit back. We played them perfectly in terms of how we set up, we just didn’t execute up top. Yet we still should have won. If Burnley get through the first half hour, they could frustrate them. Nothing seem to be coming too easily for them at the moment.

There’s so many team vying for places up there that there’s seemingly a ‘six pointer’ each week and the margin for error is far greater than any of the last 3 years. I reckon 85 will be enough to win it.

If we show the consistency we’ve shown in the last year for the next six months, we’ll be in and around it.

Unread 18-01-2021, 01:17 PM
triple sod

Unread 18-01-2021, 02:42 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
I think last night was a case of dammed if he does, dammed if he doesn't etc. Liverpool always looked like they could create something and had we gone more gung ho early on we would be all sat here now saying he made the wrong choices and gifted Liverpool the game.

Setting it up so correctly as he did yesterday, all he can do is rely on the players on the pitch and if all your forward players are off the boil then there's little you can do. Also, Cavani came on at 60 minutes which is hardly leaving it late but did next to nothing for 30 minutes.
Hence why I was a bit confused why we signed Cavani in the first place, quality striker on his day but we don’t play to his strengths

I watch a lot of Ligue 1 and Cavani’s forward play is more similar to Vardy than it is to Drogba or something. His hold up play isn’t that great but he’s world class coming onto cross and thrives on through balls, both things we don’t do well enough imo so was always going to struggle

Very odd signing from us tbh.

Unread 18-01-2021, 03:42 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
Hence why I was a bit confused why we signed Cavani in the first place, quality striker on his day but we don’t play to his strengths

I watch a lot of Ligue 1 and Cavani’s forward play is more similar to Vardy than it is to Drogba or something. His hold up play isn’t that great but he’s world class coming onto cross and thrives on through balls, both things we don’t do well enough imo so was always going to struggle

Very odd signing from us tbh.

Unread 18-01-2021, 03:43 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
i forgot, top reds only watch United and Salford FC matches

Unread 18-01-2021, 03:44 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
i forgot, top reds only watch United and Salford FC matches
So go on, you big billy bullshitting bastard, why exactly do you watch a lot of ligue 1? Because it's absolute £#%&!ing gash so you must have a good reason?

Unread 18-01-2021, 03:46 PM
Tronics

Quote:
So go on, you big billy bullshitting bastard, why exactly do you watch a lot of ligue 1? Because it's absolute f***ing gash so you must have a good reason?
i enjoy watching football and i have the internet, its not difficult tbh

Unread 18-01-2021, 03:47 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
i enjoy watching football and i have the internet, its not difficult tbh

So you're lying. Thought so.

Unread 18-01-2021, 03:49 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
So go on, you big billy bullshitting bastard, why exactly do you watch a lot of ligue 1? Because it's absolute £#%&!ing gash so you must have a good reason?
Don’t tell me you’re not absolute BUZZING for St Etienne vs Lyon next week. You just can’t beat a good French derby.

Unread 18-01-2021, 03:51 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Don’t tell me you’re not absolute BUZZING for St Etienne vs Lyon next week. You just can’t beat a good French derby.
Can't wait pal, got a reminder set and everything. Fred zoom meet while it's on so we can discuss the intricacies of Claude Puel's setup?

Unread 18-01-2021, 03:54 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Can't wait pal, got a reminder set and everything. Fred zoom meet while it's on so we can discuss the intricacies of Claude Puel's setup?
Well up for that. Mon Le Verts!!!!

Unread 18-01-2021, 03:57 PM
Tronics

this place should never change, love it haha!

Unread 18-01-2021, 04:21 PM
believe

Quote:
this place should never change, love it haha!
How’s Paul le Guen getting on these days?

Unread 18-01-2021, 07:48 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by triple sod
Fulham win ahoy?

(sorry)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Burnley next. Big game for them, they'll either smash them and be right back on track or Burnley will bully £#%&! out of them and increase the doubts
Had thought this was at Burnley, which would be a real banana skin for them right now. Its a home game, though - if they can't win that they're in an even worse state than we thought.

Here's hoping.......

Unread 21-01-2021, 01:40 AM
ScarFace

Just got recommended this on YT.

9 years ago...

Unread 21-01-2021, 07:06 PM
HolyMackrelDoodleBonkon

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Just got recommended this on YT.

9 years ago...

https://youtu.be/ggnDWRRP66s
Don't we all bleed red?

Unread 21-01-2021, 11:53 PM
20LEgend1999

Current unbeaten runs in Europe's top 5 leagues.

Unread 21-01-2021, 11:54 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
Great

That’s now £#%&!ed then

Unread 21-01-2021, 11:54 PM
20LEgend1999

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Great

That’s now f***ed then

What?

Unread 23-01-2021, 09:26 PM
redhegemony

Good piece on Ole's lack of 'philosophy' - puts him alongside Sir Alex

Quote:
'Did Alex Ferguson have a “philosophy”? Perhaps, over the 39 years between him taking his first job at East Stirlingshire and him retiring in 2013, it is possible to pick out some essential principles, but fundamentally he changed according to circumstance. He did not formulate and then enact some grand theory of how football should be played; his greatest assets were his capacity to organise, to motivate and to evolve.'

https://www.theguardian.com/football...-chaotic-times
Closed Thread