United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Who should we target?
Grealish. 14 46.67%
Maddison. 6 20.00%
A tale of two @#%&!s. 10 33.33%
Voters: 30. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 20-01-2021, 10:45 AM
Cream

Football James Maddison, the thinking man’s Jack Grealish?

Flavour of the month one minute, yesterday’s news the next. James Maddison has had a mixed metaphorical rollercoaster couple of seasons.

But with Villa and England counterpart Jack Grealish enjoying his season in the sun, all brylcream and brandy cocktails, the boy Maddison has been quietly building towards something. The Fox outside the box last night firing Leicester to the premier league top spot.

We listen:

Is this the same narcissistic ramblings we hear from Jacky G? Or the more measured, reflective honesty purveyed by manager Brendan B?

Ole seems to put great stock into mixing just the right blend of characters. Shakers rather than stirrers. Grealish a dash of Tabasco to Maddison’s glacé cherry?

One thing’s for sure, they’re both firmly in the transfer mix.

(Apols, forgot to stick it in football)

Unread 20-01-2021, 10:58 AM
dunk

Both decent, doubt we'll move for either at this point.

I'd be happy if we bought Grealish.

3 or 4 other Leicester players I'd want before Maddison.

Unread 20-01-2021, 11:16 AM
Time For Heroes

Maddison is a #@&%!, an arrogant all about me #@&%!.

Remember last game of the season when we went there, crucial game and he's injured sitting in the stands, when the camera was on him didn't he open his top to show off some new diamond encrusted necklace he had on? If he thinks he's the dogs %@#$&!s now think how insufferable he'd be if he came to a proper big club.

Grealish for me every time.

Unread 20-01-2021, 11:18 AM
jem

they're both good players we don't need.

Unread 20-01-2021, 11:43 AM
ScarFace

He won't step down to come to us.

Unread 20-01-2021, 11:49 AM
Drexl

Much prefer someone who can talk about the game intelligently, as opposed to someone, for instance, who can dab

Unread 20-01-2021, 11:56 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
He won't step down to come to us.

Unread 20-01-2021, 12:32 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlton
Who by?
Jack Grealish if his insta is anything to go by.

Unread 20-01-2021, 12:39 PM
triple sod

Voted Grealish but could so easily have voted Two @#%&!s

I've done a 180 on Grealish - in theory he'd be the ideal replacement if we sell Pogba. On the other hand he's a drink driving prat

Imagine how hated he'd be as a United player btw? Approaching Beckham 99 levels

It'd either be the making of him or he'd bottle it and party his career away and retire at 31

Might be worth it just to boil the nation's piss

Unread 20-01-2021, 01:25 PM
Tronics

Personally I would go for Jack Grealish, he’s the best player in the Prem imo and my favourite player to watch

Doing what he does for Villa week-in-week-out is extraordinary tbh and he has that “arrogance” about him, I think he would be an instant success at United if we signed up

Plus in-terms of attributes there’s no-one else in the league or our squad who can do what he does, dribbles at speed, great passing range and can shoot from distance with either foot. Whereas Maddison although a great player in his own right we have players in our squad who can do what he does given games

But I really enjoyed Madders post match interview, was refreshing to hear a player talk like a fan for once about football, often times you get the impression some players are just treat like a job

Michail Antonio and Conor Coady give good interviews too but there’s not a lot of them.

Unread 20-01-2021, 01:42 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tronics
Personally I would go for Jack Grealish, he’s the best player in the Prem imo and my favourite player to watch

Doing what he does for Villa week-in-week-out is extraordinary tbh and he has that “arrogance” about him, I think he would be an instant success at United if we signed up

Plus in-terms of attributes there’s no-one else in the league or our squad who can do what he does, dribbles at speed, great passing range and can shoot from distance with either foot. Whereas Maddison although a great player in his own right we have players in our squad who can do what he does given games

But I really enjoyed Madders post match interview, was refreshing to hear a player talk like a fan for once about football, often times you get the impression some players are just treat like a job

Michail Antonio and Conor Coady give good interviews too but there’s not a lot of them.
Definitely something we seem to lack, for some reason. It's not often we bag from 20 yards+

Unread 20-01-2021, 02:03 PM
barca99

Quote:

Unread 20-01-2021, 02:03 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

3 or 4 other Leicester players I'd want before Maddison.

Gone off Chelsea now have ya?

Unread 20-01-2021, 02:07 PM
92ToBury

Priority is a replacement for Matic to give us more of a chance of letting the other two midfielders push on. Get them in and it gives the attack a chance to get forward with confidence as a five knowing there's cover behind them if we lose the ball.

Unread 20-01-2021, 02:10 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sloppy

Gone off Chelsea now have ya?
Why are you being such a colossal #@&%!?

Unread 20-01-2021, 02:16 PM
Vedder

Grealish all day long. Not even close

Unread 20-01-2021, 02:21 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
Grealish all day long. Not even close
Especially when he put three past City tonight.

Unread 20-01-2021, 03:14 PM
Tronics

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Priority is a replacement for Matic to give us more of a chance of letting the other two midfielders push on. Get them in and it gives the attack a chance to get forward with confidence as a five knowing there's cover behind them if we lose the ball.
agreed, i'd probably go as far as saying DMF is our most important signing.

if we get someone great that means we don't need to have a double-pivot in that position anymore which frees up a space for someone else more progressive to play alongside our new DMF

i just wish we had a Director of Football in place to help with our long term planning for certain positions. but all that talk has quietened down ever since we went top, just like clock work

Unread 20-01-2021, 03:17 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:

i just wish we had a Director of Football in place to help with our long term planning for certain positions. but all that talk has quietened down ever since we went top, just like clock work
You seem a knowledgeable chap . Maybe you should throw your hat into the ring

Unread 20-01-2021, 03:25 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker
You seem a knowledgeable chap . Maybe you should throw your hat into the ring
Raiola and Pogba would be made joint managers within a week.
Closed Thread