United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 30-12-2020, 04:09 AM
rubbernecker

Default Form

Form after Arsenal game - Treat yourself to a good chortle by revisiting the football threads since that defeat

Quote:
There is no "momentum", there is no "kicking on". These players aren't suddenly going to become consistent and our manager isn't suddenly going to get a clue.
No names but this was fairly prescient

Unread 30-12-2020, 07:25 AM
Sapien

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubbernecker

Form after Arsenal game - Treat yourself to a good chortle by revisiting the football threads since that defeat

It makes sense if it was about Arsenal.

Unread 30-12-2020, 08:24 AM
no fun

I’m not going to believe we have turned the corner until we are top of the par league

Unread 30-12-2020, 08:44 AM
thatsfuctit

Unread 30-12-2020, 09:14 AM
puressence

Perfect 😍.

Unread 30-12-2020, 02:00 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
I’m not going to believe we have turned the corner until we are top of the par league
This isn't the par league though is it . It is literally the real league since the Arse debacle

Unread 30-12-2020, 06:38 PM
otbarney

Quote:
We could be 15 points clear and still not be top of the par league.

Unread 30-12-2020, 06:42 PM
Palmer

Quote:
We are

Unread 30-12-2020, 06:57 PM
armchair

In the words of the nwa boys:

£#%&! the par league!

Unread 30-12-2020, 07:49 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
A lot will have agreed with them at the time tbf

Unread 30-12-2020, 08:22 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
A lot will have agreed with them at the time tbf
That's the point

Instead exercising a modicum of self restraint social media has empowered a load of self opinionated £#%&!wits with very little understanding of the game or how a young team develops to scream like babies every time we don't win 5-0

Admittedly I come from a different generation but this me me me grandstanding and negativity is not my idea of how to support a team

Unread 30-12-2020, 08:29 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Admittedly I come from a different generation but this me me me grandstanding and negativity is not my idea of how to support a team
Tbf there are pensioners making a show of themselves online

Unread 30-12-2020, 08:40 PM
Chavez

Quote:
That's the point

Instead exercising a modicum of self restraint social media has empowered a load of self opinionated f***wits with very little understanding of the game or how a young team develops to scream like babies every time we don't win 5-0

Spot on. Its easy for the likes of me and you to dismiss this as meaningless garbage from know nothing c***s who would shit their keks within 10 mile of Elland Road in the 70's or 90's. What pisses me off the most is the amount of air time it is given as coming from "real" United. Sadly it does seem to matter now as the media, club and players are all over it too.

We were pretty average in the autumn and early winter of 1998 after losing the league to Arsenal painfully a few months earlier. We drew 13 games (some of them giveaways) in that season and ended up on 78 points.

There was the small matter of a treble to follow after 10 glorious days in May. I have never been too hung about about the home defeat to Boro in the years since. F*** me the game would be nothing if every week brought a 5 nil win and a perfect performance.

Unread 30-12-2020, 11:09 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chavez
Spot on. Its easy for the likes of me and you to dismiss this as meaningless garbage from know nothing c***s who would shit their keks within 10 mile of Elland Road in the 70's or 90's. What pisses me off the most is the amount of air time it is given as coming from "real" United. Sadly it does seem to matter now as the media, club and players are all over it too.

We were pretty average in the autumn and early winter of 1998 after losing the league to Arsenal painfully a few months earlier. We drew 13 games (some of them giveaways) in that season and ended up on 78 points.

There was the small matter of a treble to follow after 10 glorious days in May. I have never been too hung about about the home defeat to Boro in the years since. £#%&! me the game would be nothing if every week brought a 5 nil win and a perfect performance.
Let's not forget almost all the papers running with "United In Crisis" headlines the day after

Unread 01-01-2021, 10:25 PM
thatsfuctit

Unread 01-01-2021, 10:28 PM
Jethro

Inconsistent tbh

Unread 12-01-2021, 10:19 PM
thatsfuctit

Unread 12-01-2021, 10:33 PM
rubbernecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit

Varchester United surely

Unread 13-01-2021, 08:14 AM
thatsfuctit

A year unbeaten on the road

Manchester United are now unbeaten in 15 Premier League away fixtures, winning 12 of them, with their last defeat on the road coming at Anfield a year ago.

Unread 13-01-2021, 08:16 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsfuctit
A year unbeaten on the road

Manchester United are now unbeaten in 15 Premier League away fixtures, winning 12 of them, with their last defeat on the road coming at Anfield a year ago.

Oh FFS
Closed Thread