United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Do you want Ibra to United this summer?
Hell yes 72 72.73%
Hell no 27 27.27%
Voters: 99. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 01-04-2016, 03:18 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
I think the 'hate' for him in England was utter garbage, dreamt up by the media. Even if it wasn't did you catch his display against England a few years back? He did ok tbf

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pq9CoZCJH3I
Of course it was. Usual ignorant sheepish perception about a foreign player because he hadn't scored enough goals against English teams or something. His goalscoring record throughout his career across several leagues is outstanding. And he's always been magic to watch. Shame so many are late to the Ibra party.

Unread 01-04-2016, 03:27 PM
Ethers

There were a LOT of people on here insisting he was a fraud just a few years back. Will make for some delicious BTTTing when he's banging in the goals for us next season

Unread 01-04-2016, 03:29 PM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
There were a LOT of people on here insisting he was a fraud just a few years back. Will make for some delicious BTTTing when he's banging in the goals for us next season

Edit: Can't remember if I may have been one of them

Unread 01-04-2016, 03:29 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Marls only had to post a video of a Zlat goal to get people foaming on here back in the day

Unread 01-04-2016, 03:30 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Marls only had to post a video of a Zlat goal to get people foaming on here back in the day
What was that thread? I see Zlat has netted again?

Unread 01-04-2016, 03:31 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
What was that thread? I see Zlat has netted again?
Something like that

Unread 01-04-2016, 03:32 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Of course it was. Usual ignorant sheepish perception about a foreign player because he hadn't scored enough goals against English teams or something. His goalscoring record throughout his career across several leagues is outstanding. And he's always been magic to watch. Shame so many are late to the Ibra party.

His goalscoring record is excellent and imo he isn't exactly a goal scorer if that makes sense He does so much more

Unread 01-04-2016, 03:36 PM
silv

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He's not too bad considering those dreadful shoes
That ball looks fake as £#%&!
I reckon he's doctored it

Unread 01-04-2016, 03:37 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sizlack
His goalscoring record is excellent and imo he isn't exactly a goal scorer if that makes sense He does so much more
I remember a few years back when PSG went to Camp Nou and Ancelotti had set them up brilliantly. Zlat played in somewhat of a Totti role and ran the game. Must have created 4-5 chances for his teammates, who £#%&!ed them up.

Great player to watch over the years and the goals reel probably matches anyone.

Unread 01-04-2016, 03:46 PM
Tiberian

Quote:

Yes, will freely admit to being a Zlat doubter for many years, allowed his anonymity in big games too much influence, not accepting in his Italian years that that was as much down to the quality of his team.

Great player, but at 35 and with the team needing to be built around him not sure it would be the right move, you risk losing a further march on Madrid/Barca/PSG/Bayern who will be moving for the next generation of Zlat'a and Ronaldo's while we flirt with the old.

He is a beast though, no signs of a major physical drop either, though I do not see enough of him to be certain.

Unread 01-04-2016, 03:52 PM
King Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Falcao Mk II.

He'd be funny though. Even if his football is painful, imagine the bantz.
I don't recall him being injury prone like Falcao was. He is at the end of his career but he could be really good for another two seasons, especially in the very average premiership. I don't like us taking on old players, but he's been one of the very best strikers in Europe and he's worth a punt, especially on a free.

Unread 01-04-2016, 03:58 PM
Crumps

Pace ain't his thing, his joints are in good nick, he could have as much as 5 years left in him. More and more players keeping good form up in to their mid-life 30's.

Unread 01-04-2016, 04:20 PM
Sizlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Pace ain't his thing, his joints are in good nick, he could have as much as 5 years left in him. More and more players keeping good form up in to their mid-life 30's.
He's the same pace now as he's ever been. Different players mature differently he's more a teddy sheringham that a michiel Owen.

Unread 01-04-2016, 04:51 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Love how the perception of Ibra in England seems to have completely changed
Not with me it hasn't

Unread 01-04-2016, 06:14 PM
Pop

Old @#%&! but what a @#%&!. Look at this and drool...

The 'challenge' at the start

Would love to see him at that against @#%&!s like Lionheart.

Unread 01-04-2016, 06:41 PM
King Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Old c*** but what a c***. Look at this and drool...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia-zi5oLa_0

The 'challenge' at the start

Would love to see him at that against c***s like Lionheart.
Some were a tad lucky

It's his strength and ability that's the key, not so much his speed. Love him.

Unread 01-04-2016, 07:40 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Eric
Some were a tad lucky

It's his strength and ability that's the key, not so much his speed. Love him.
Which ones were 'lucky' exactly?

Unread 01-04-2016, 07:43 PM
jem

lucky he was facing shit keepers. and @#%&! like mexes.

Unread 01-04-2016, 09:51 PM
King Eric

Quote:
Which ones were 'lucky' exactly?
The one where he had his back to goal as he looped it over the defenders head, doing an acrobatic flip, mid torso ripped bended.

Only jesting, they were amazing, like him.

Unread 01-04-2016, 09:58 PM
utd99

If he's selfless enough to act as a tutor to players like Rashford and Martial, and is prepared to rotate for a year or two then it's a good idea. He doesn't strike me as the type though, so no.
Closed Thread