United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-09-2010, 12:37 AM
ZX600

Default Re: Other clubs you respect

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
Gosh you're so knowledgeable and well travelled. Please enlighten us all some more.
The holy one's returned I see. What do you do with yourself then? You've always skirted around answering that.
Extremely cheap tickets, strictly male crowds, everyone stands, atmosphere is on par with Turkey, local working class followings, fairly decent level football etc. Everything this league wishes it could be.

Unread 01-09-2010, 12:48 AM
taff

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZX600
I've no issue in the slightest with them, try harder. Enough respect to Abbas.

if you cut me open i'd bleed red blood.

i remember reading about beitar once, it all sounds £#%&!ing mental over there. apparently john gregory coaches in the israeli league now, i wonder what they make of him

Unread 01-09-2010, 12:54 AM
suedeshoes

Everton

Unread 01-09-2010, 01:03 AM
ZX600

Quote:
Originally Posted by taff

if you cut me open i'd bleed red blood.

i remember reading about beitar once, it all sounds £#%&!ing mental over there. apparently john gregory coaches in the israeli league now, i wonder what they make of him
Can't stand Hapoel on the other hand, same applies to anything to do with Tel Aviv
Maccabi ahi Nazareth, relegated in his first season in charge
Atmosphere's fantastic bar the xenephobic chants/flags that get banded about on occasion. Also fairly dodgy on the stabbing front.

Unread 01-09-2010, 01:05 AM
Arnold Muhren

Queen of The South (born in Dumfries, still got family there)
Falkirk (cousins husband plays for them, Kenny Deuchar)
FCUM (coz not a penny since 2005)

Unread 01-09-2010, 07:49 AM
ReligiousRed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menace
Torino FC.

Suffered an even worse air-crash than us in 1949. Lost the entire team, including their great captain, Valentino Mazzola.

They won four league titles on the trot and had gone four seasons undefeated at home before the Superga Disaster.

Known as 'Il Grande Torino', this team that dominated the 1940s, are still regarded as the best Italian club side of all time. They played a 4-2-4 formation ten years before Pele and Brazil made it famous at the '58 World Cup. They also were the original inspiration for Rinus Michel's 'Total Football' philosophy.

On 11th May 1947 Italy played a friendly against Hungary, which the Italians won 3-2. The Italian starting XI consisted of a Juventus goalkeeper and ten outfield Torino players.

Leaves a lump in your throat when you read about the tragedy.
Quote:
Some good friends of mine follow Torino, hook up with them every time I go over there. I've been invited a few times to go with them to games, yet sadly never had enough free time to actually do it, great set of supporters. One runs a bar on the River in turin, Giancarlos, check it out if you're over there. They run Inner city Turin, Juve have no support on show there.
Another thing to check out is their old ground, you can still get inside, it's seriously a weird experience being in there.
Dont they like us ? pretty sure i remember something about them and us for some reason ? might be wrong

Unread 01-09-2010, 08:08 AM
irk

Quote:
The holy one's returned I see. What do you do with yourself then? You've always skirted around answering that.
Extremely cheap tickets, strictly male crowds, everyone stands, atmosphere is on par with Turkey, local working class followings, fairly decent level football etc. Everything this league wishes it could be.
The holy one? That's quite a strange thing to call me. I like it though.

As for what I do with myself - tragically it's all work and Fred.

Unread 01-09-2010, 08:16 AM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Shabab Al-Khalil/Al-Khaleel

Unread 01-09-2010, 08:16 AM
elephantstone

Celtic, Finn Harps, Stockport County

Unread 01-09-2010, 08:21 AM
Pop

Lazio

Unread 01-09-2010, 08:45 AM
Sullingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by zx600
The holy one's returned i see. What do you do with yourself then? You've always skirted around answering that.
Extremely cheap tickets, strictly male crowds, everyone stands, atmosphere is on par with turkey, local working class followings, fairly decent level football etc. Everything this league wishes it could be.
[size="7"]you never go out of england, you white englishman

Unread 01-09-2010, 08:54 AM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sullingtons
[size="7"]you never go out of england, you white englishman

Unread 01-09-2010, 09:13 AM
red @rmy

I've kept away from all these kind of posts, cos I like the Specials, but enoughs enough.

Felix, £#%&! off on here, I promise I want ban you.
http://soyouwanttobeanisraeli.maxforum.org/

Unread 01-09-2010, 09:14 AM
Sullingtons

Quote:
Originally Posted by red @rmy
I've kept away from all these kind of posts, cos I like the Specials, but enoughs enough.

Felix, £#%&! off on here, I promise I want ban you.
http://soyouwanttobeanisraeli.maxforum.org/

Joining.

Unread 01-09-2010, 09:31 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Thought this guy was banned.

Unread 01-09-2010, 09:41 AM
thenorthwillriseagain

agreed on all the torino stuff, spent some time with one of their suporters clubs and travelled to one of their last home games before they got relegated the other year great set of lads

Unread 01-09-2010, 10:42 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Lazio
Forza Livorno!

Unread 01-09-2010, 10:50 AM
Woody Creek

I respect all the great old clubs in Europe - United, Madrid, Bayern, Barca, Milan, Juve etc. Not Liverpool.

The other teams I actually like are AC Milan and St. Pauli. St. Pauli (and I guess German football in general) is just a fantastic day out: exactly what football should be like in this country. You don't have to be some kind of bouncing barmy gimp like in Turkey or Greece, but you can have a fag, a drink and, horror of horrors, stand with your mates.

Unread 01-09-2010, 11:45 AM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Thought this guy was banned.
He is now - again

Unread 01-09-2010, 12:47 PM
Zorg

Agree about Torino

Closed Thread