United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 13-01-2016, 05:58 PM
Venceremos

Thumbs down Thoughts on BT Sport?

Here I cannot stand it.

The commentators, pundits, presentation... everything is so bad compared to Sky, BBC, ITV, NBC... anyone.

Yesterday I watched part of the match on BT which had the relentless bla bla bla bla x99999999999 of Darke/Savage/Hoddle/Webb and then swapped over to an NBC stream and it was a tenfold improvement.

Gary Lineker, who does the CL for them, is good, as is James Richardson but the Premier League coverage which should be their bread and butter is just rotten.

Unread 13-01-2016, 05:59 PM
Jack Duckworth

Thumbs down

two words: robbie savage

Unread 13-01-2016, 06:00 PM
Sparky***

They just seemed to dedicate 2 hours to absolutely slagging United every time they're on.

And fair play because they deserve it.

Unread 13-01-2016, 06:05 PM
jem

rio, scholesy... even mcmanamanaman are ok.

the match commentrary teams are uniformly awful, though. and the whole feel of it is cheap.

Unread 13-01-2016, 06:06 PM
Clarkie

Lingard brings running to the team according to Scholesy.......

They seriously need to re-jig their panel. Their pundits are either hateful or talk %@#$&!s

Unread 13-01-2016, 06:09 PM
Billy Redface

Awful.

90% of pundits and co-commentators are dreadful. Largely because they're thick as £#%&!, but also because there seems to be no demand in this country for anything remotely resembling proper analysis. It's all scandal or generalisations to suit a little narrative.

Watching stuff like the 'Mind Games' (is that what it's called?...) links that people put on here shows the gulf in attitude towards the game in the media.

Unread 13-01-2016, 06:10 PM
Whip Hubley

Absolute shite. Jem nails it, the match commentators are shockingly poor, more like they're having a conversation down the pub most of the time. Who thought Robbie Savage or Owen Hargreaves could be professional commentators?

So very glad I £#%&!ed it off.

Unread 13-01-2016, 06:11 PM
Jack Duckworth

the continual cutting to howard webb for his opinion is also irritating; he rarely adds anything interesting or insightful. the only saving grace is that fat £#%&! jeff winter will be fuming that it isn't him doing it.

Unread 13-01-2016, 06:16 PM
Red Al

I have commented a few times on here how I £#%&!ing despise that channel with its shit pundits like savage,hoddle,Owen and even scholes to an extent and to top it off that senile @#%&! Howard Webb second guessing the ref from his view of 30 + camera angles.

It's awful just like their shit broadband or TV packages.

The sooner it goes the way of setanta uk the better

Unread 13-01-2016, 06:32 PM
Switching Off

That Fletch and Sav thing on a Saturday is usually on my TV in the morning. Pisses all over soccer am.

Unread 13-01-2016, 06:35 PM
waynes ear's

Its £#%&!ing shit

Unread 13-01-2016, 06:39 PM
92ToBury

Will be cancelling mine at weekend. Poor value at over £15 a month. False economy of it being free with BT Infinity because of the data cap, especially with the enemy and two parasites all heavy internet users.

Unread 13-01-2016, 06:43 PM
Rhodzy

Need to sort out the co-commentators, all £#%&!ing awful and hard to listen to. Need to get Andy Gray back, Keys would £#%&!ing hate it as well.

Unread 13-01-2016, 06:46 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
That Fletch and Sav thing on a Saturday is usually on my TV in the morning. Pisses all over soccer am.

Unread 13-01-2016, 07:09 PM
total opposite

As said, the commentary is pathetic. Also, as one who watches it streaming via a PC it is often lower quality than a hooky feed and buffers on a 100Mb connection.

Unread 13-01-2016, 07:11 PM
NegativeNorris

It's awful, but it's still better than ITV. The same ITV that seemed to think Andy Townsend and David Pleat were worthy of voicing their opinions to the nation.

Unread 13-01-2016, 07:14 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface

Good background TV, especially when Rio is in

Unread 13-01-2016, 07:17 PM
Vedder

Find it decent tbf. Quite like that fletch and Sav show. The European football show thingy is good too and all the UFC stuff.

Unread 13-01-2016, 07:20 PM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Saturday kitchen pisses on them both(and that's shit)

Soccer am went stale 15 years ago and should have been pulled back then

Unread 13-01-2016, 08:59 PM
Buck

Most of BT's pundits/commentators/presenters are working with the BBC.

Only Richardson and his European pundits don't and no surprise they're the best football program that channel has to offer.

I don't mind Wright, Ferdinand (to an extent) and Sutton. The rest are a bit shit.
Closed Thread