United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-03-2010, 11:29 PM
Mr_Ed

Football Your thoughts on this ex-player...

The one on the left

After Webb left Reading, he could occasionally be found selling programmes at Reading F.C.'s Madejski Stadium. Surely some wummery going on there?

http://aussiered.wordpress.com/2009/08/26/1097/

Unread 28-03-2010, 11:31 PM
Switching Off

Default Re: Your thoughts on this ex-player...

He was a postie as well I think. Did ok for us as I recall, put the ball in for Martin to score the winner in the cup final.

Unread 28-03-2010, 11:33 PM
programmes?

Classy, but got injured early in his United career, so I don't think we saw his true potential.

Used to deliver my mum's post.

Unread 28-03-2010, 11:35 PM
Zorg

He was a superb player until he snapped his achilles. Very classy midfielder.

Sadly his rehabilitation appeared to consist of eating pie and chips four times a day. I remember his first game back when he waddled onto the pitch.

Unread 28-03-2010, 11:38 PM
Argentina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
He was a superb player until he snapped his achilles. Very classy midfielder.

Sadly his rehabilitation appeared to consist of eating pie and chips four times a day. I remember his first game back when he waddled onto the pitch.
And wearing his shorts really high

Unread 28-03-2010, 11:42 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
He was a postie as well I think. Did ok for us as I recall, put the ball in for Martin to score the winner in the cup final.
'ok' is pushing it a bit. He had a cracking debut, scoring a screamer against Arsenal (the Michael Knighton keepy-uppy game) but was never the same after he had that injury, playing for England I think. He piled on the weight and lost all pace and mobility...and he was never the quickest to start with. Overriding memory of his time at OT was on Easter Monday 1992 against Forest, United 2-1 down and title hopes fading fast, Webb gets subbed and with the clock ticking, strolls across the pitch towards the bench seemingly without a care in the world. I think the 40,000+ people there that day each wanted him dead at that moment. The #@&%!.

Unread 28-03-2010, 11:42 PM
Ashley's Grime

His wife was a shit stirring bitch and she dumped him as soon as his career was over.

She ended up marrying a tv producer and ended up working on programmes her new husband produced.

That @#%&! Richard Shaw still makes my £#%&!ing blood boil, getting Eric sent off after kicking lumps out of him all night.

Unread 28-03-2010, 11:46 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
'ok' is pushing it a bit. He had a cracking debut, scoring a screamer against Arsenal (the Michael Knighton keepy-uppy game) but was never the same after he had that injury, playing for England I think. He piled on the weight and lost all pace and mobility...and he was never the quickest to start with. Overriding memory of his time at OT was on Easter Monday 1992 against Forest, United 2-1 down and title hopes fading fast, Webb gets subbed and with the clock ticking, strolls across the pitch towards the bench seemingly without a care in the world. I think the 40,000+ people there that day each wanted him dead at that moment. The #@&%!.
Yeah, I remember that.

That pass to Lee Martin was sublime, and showed what he'd have been capable of if he'd lost the weight. The skill was still there. I always found it incredible that a professional earning thousands a week couldn't simply get rid of the excess pounds

Unread 28-03-2010, 11:49 PM
originalhogg

Met him in the rope & anchor at ringway back in 92, very nice guy, but didnt really miss him when he went.

Unread 28-03-2010, 11:49 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
I was born in 1980 though, remember the 4-1 game well, but I wasn't the expert analyst then that I am now

Unread 28-03-2010, 11:55 PM
schnitzel

Quote:
The exact thing I was gonna post, but would of included the pass to Lee Martin in the FA cup replay.

Was sat right behind the goal ifor his volley against Arsenal however that Bank holiday Monday will unfortunately be my memory of him.

Unread 29-03-2010, 12:34 AM
Stickman

I was going to do a thread like this for Teddy Sheringham. From a slightly different angle..

So ill save it for later in the week

Unread 29-03-2010, 12:34 AM
borsuk

i couldn't stand him

Unread 29-03-2010, 01:06 AM
tatty

At the time we desperately needed another central midfielder to go with the other 3 we had.

Phelan Ince Robson Webb

Unread 29-03-2010, 01:11 AM
Clive Warren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashley's Grime
His wife was a shit stirring bitch and she dumped him as soon as his career was over.

She ended up marrying a tv producer and ended up working on programmes her new husband produced.

That @#%&! Richard Shaw still makes my £#%&!ing blood boil, getting Eric sent off after kicking lumps out of him all night.
You really wanna think on before posting spurious and libelous shite as this.

Not the bit about shaw, obv.

Unread 29-03-2010, 01:19 AM
Terry Silver

Fat £#%&!er

Unread 29-03-2010, 02:29 AM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Warren
You really wanna think on before posting spurious and libelous shite as this.

Not the bit about shaw, obv.
tick tock

Unread 29-03-2010, 08:07 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:

Link to shit stirring bitch please.

Unread 29-03-2010, 08:58 AM
PaulParkers

Quote:
I £#%&!ing remember that and it's making me angry

The @#%&!

Unread 29-03-2010, 09:10 AM
TravellingRed

Quote:

She used to present on "standing room only" I seem to remember and enjoyed having constant digs at Fergie.
Closed Thread