red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Not as much ?

Not to hug the police ?
What, literally?

Unread 06-05-2021, 03:13 AM
shenwen

Bruno showing that it really isn't that difficult too speak about the protests without parroting cliched media narratives about "going to far"

Quote:
Of course for us it was hard because we want to play football. But this happened; we have nothing to say about that. The fans have their own word [opinion] and they think that was the best for them.
nervous talker

Unread 06-05-2021, 06:50 AM
browser

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Bruno showing that it really isn't that difficult to speak about the protests without parroting cliched media narratives about "going to far"

nervous talker

“We have nothing to say about that”

Get it on a flag!

Vive la revolution!

If Ole said that verbatim, he’d get slammed for not saying anything

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Surprised it’s that ‘normal’ looking. Expected it to be far more calamitous.

Knee injury
Thigh strain
Concussion
Trampoline Tongue Bite
Egg & Spoon Race Fall
Lego Foot
Concussion again
Bees

Bees

Unread 06-05-2021, 06:56 AM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser

“We have nothing to say about that”

Get it on a flag!

Vive la revolution!

If Ole said that verbatim, he’d get slammed for not saying anything
No he wouldn't. People would understand and give him credit for saying nothing and separating himself from the club's PR messaging.

But maybe Ole was too nervous. Poor dear.

Unread 06-05-2021, 09:23 AM
saffers

Yikes

Ole Gunnar Solskjær and his coaching staff are understood to be unhappy over Gary Neville's role in the anti-Glazer backlash at #mufc. They believe that Neville needs to tone down his rhetoric to avoid further unrest. [@ChrisWheelerDM]

Apparently they listen to fans

Unread 06-05-2021, 09:47 AM
AK14

I haven’t got that much of a problem with him saying these sorts of things tbh, what else can he say?

The worry is he probably genuinely believes the things he’s saying and they’re not just some sort of sound bites to keep the owners on side and happy.

Unread 06-05-2021, 09:49 AM
dunk

Doesn't matter either way tbh.

He's not in a position to 'fight from within' and there is no point in him issuing sound-bites that are anything other than supportive of his bosses tbh.

If he does believe what he is saying, then worst case is he becomes disillusioned over time and joins the dissenters when his time as manager has run it's course.

Unread 06-05-2021, 09:56 AM
Ethers

“What else can he say?”

Well, take a look at Bruno’s response for starters. As Shenners said, that’s how you do it.

He’ll happily no comment transfer speculation, so I’m baffled why people seem to think he had to say something about this. He either wants to, or is being made to

Unread 06-05-2021, 09:57 AM
ScarFace

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Yikes

Ole Gunnar Solskjær and his coaching staff are understood to be unhappy over Gary Neville's role in the anti-Glazer backlash at #mufc. They believe that Neville needs to tone down his rhetoric to avoid further unrest. [@ChrisWheelerDM]
Little £#%&!ing rat isnt he. He could come out with a child bride on his arm and some on here would bring up him sticking his leg out 20 years ago.

When the Saudis buy us, i hope he's first on LiveLeak.

Unread 06-05-2021, 10:01 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
“What else can he say?”

Well, take a look at Bruno’s response for starters. As Shenners said, that’s how you do it.

He’ll happily no comment transfer speculation, so I’m baffled why people seem to think he had to say something about this. He either wants to, or is being made to
I'm not sure how people are finding it so hard to fathom tbh. Saying nothing and no commenting is as bad as saying something negative, it's not something you do, you toe the party line in his position. Bruno can do what he likes, he either plays or is sold, no issue to him.

Unread 06-05-2021, 10:01 AM
ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Doesn't matter either way tbh.

He's not in a position to 'fight from within'
Actually, right now he is pretty much unsackable. Loved by the fans for whatever reasons. About to play a major final. Cost money to sack/replace. PR on its arse already and right after a huge protest.

He could at least come out and not kiss arse or moan about ex players trying help get them demonic @#%&!s out.

BUT no. Joel Loves The Club. Gary Stop Slagging Me Boss. They've Backed Me ( after leaking to all the papers poch was coming in and £#%&!ing him over 2 seasons running in the transfers he wanted ) Ole is a BITCH.

[quote=dunk;5578705]fathom tbh. Saying nothing and no commenting is as bad as saying something negative, /QUOTE]

BULLLLLL SHIIIIIIIT. Had he said no comment, you lot would be buzzing "HE HATES THEM BUT NEEDS TO FIGHT FROM WITHIN"

Even i'd have to admit then not knowing Ole's true feelings.

WELL WE KNOW THEM NOW ! HE LOVES THE GLAZERS, THEY LOVE THE CLUB, THEY'VE BACKED HIM AND OLE HOPES THEY STAY !

Unread 06-05-2021, 10:10 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Actually, right now he is pretty much unsackable. Loved by the fans for whatever reasons. About to play a major final. Cost money to sack/replace. PR on its arse already and right after a huge protest.

He could at least come out and not kiss arse or moan about ex players trying help get them demonic @#%&!s out.

BUT no. Joel Loves The Club. Gary Stop Slagging Me Boss. They've Backed Me ( after leaking to all the papers poch was coming in and £#%&!ing him over 2 seasons running in the transfers he wanted ) Ole is a BITCH.

Quote:
fathom tbh. Saying nothing and no commenting is as bad as saying something negative,
BULLLLLL SHIIIIIIIT. Had he said no comment, you lot would be buzzing "HE HATES THEM BUT NEEDS TO FIGHT FROM WITHIN"

WELL WE KNOW THEM NOW ! HE LOVES THE GLAZERS, THEY LOVE THE CLUB, THEY'VE BACKED HIM AND OLE HOPES THEY STAY !
Shut up you dick.

Unread 06-05-2021, 10:32 AM
shenwen

Quote:
I'm not sure how people are finding it so hard to fathom tbh. Saying nothing and no commenting is as bad as saying something negative, it's not something you do, you toe the party line in his position. Bruno can do what he likes, he either plays or is sold, no issue to him.
Okay, even if no comment is as bad as saying something negative (it’s not), it’s certainly better than they listen to me, they listen to the fans or Joel loves the £#%&!ing club. That’s not toeing the line dunk - it’s lying. He’s gone from ‘none of my business’ to repeating obvious bullshit.

Unread 06-05-2021, 10:42 AM
dunk

Quote:
Okay, even if no comment is as bad as saying something negative (it’s not), it’s certainly better than they listen to me, they listen to the fans or Joel loves the £#%&!ing club. That’s not toeing the line dunk - it’s lying. He’s gone from ‘none of my business’ to repeating obvious bullshit.
No, that's how you want to perceive it.

Never heard of damning by silence?

His sole interest is succeeding in the job he's been given, he's not going to achieve that by not cosying up to his bosses. On the subject of the owners and of protests you can't look to Ole for any sort of negativity, he just can't afford to do it.

Unread 06-05-2021, 10:51 AM
shenwen

Quote:
No, that's how you want to perceive it.

Never heard of damning by silence?

His sole interest is succeeding in the job he's been given, he's not going to achieve that by not cosying up to his bosses. On the subject of the owners and of protests you can't look to Ole for any sort of negativity, he just can't afford to do it.
It’s not how I perceive it at all.

Joel listens to the fans?
Joel loves the club?

Me saying these are lies are just a matter of perception?

He’s telling lies to protect his job. He (or more accurately the media team that fed him the lines) could have worded his response much better they did.

“Look, I know the fans are frustrated - the protests clearly show this - but I’m hopeful we’re on the right track and that we can all come together and do what’s best for this great club”

There. Took me 30 seconds. No negativity. No lies.

History will not be kind.

Unread 06-05-2021, 10:54 AM
92ToBury

Ole could win the Europa this year, Prem and CL next year and ScarFace would still want him gone.

He wants a proper transfer budget to help complete draining the swamp.

Who do you want in, Scar?

Unread 06-05-2021, 10:57 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace

He's not being sacked mate because he is 2nd and not he verge of getting us to a European Final ffs.

With an attack that cost £#%&! all in most games.

Unread 06-05-2021, 10:59 AM
dunk

Quote:
It’s not how I perceive it at all.

Joel listens to the fans?
Joel loves the club?

Me saying these are lies are just a matter of perception?

He’s telling lies to protect his job. He (or more accurately the media team that fed him the lines) could have worded his response much better they did.

“Look, I know the fans are frustrated - the protests clearly show this - but I’m hopeful we’re on the right track and that we can all come together and do what’s best for this great club”

There. Took me 30 seconds. No negativity. No lies.

History will not be kind.
I'd imagine that's what he's being told, and that's what he's passing on. You are saying they are lies because it's not what you want to hear. If he has been told that is Joel's position or whatever, then that is what he's expected to put out there.

Again, he will have been told to what message the club wants out there, he either delivers that message or weakens his position with the owners. Straightforward really.

Just like Klopp switching his ESL position 180 degrees when his bosses backed it. Managers don't have much choice, once your at odds with the owners you're £#%&!ed. They can't sack him but they can easily withdraw support and sell him down the river until performances are such that sacking him is required, as they did with Mourinho when he didn't toe the party line.

Rule of thumb; pay no attention to what Ole says in 90% of instances. He won't be telling his truth in almost all interviews whether it's about an upcoming game, transfers, protests or ownership, unless the truth is something utterly mundane that will not make a story. hth.

Unread 06-05-2021, 10:59 AM
NedKelly

Can’t help but think there’s more to this than meets the eye. “Joel loves the club” - but no mention of Avram? Ole dropping breadcrumbs, we just have to follow the trail. #ifyouknowyouknow

Unread 06-05-2021, 11:12 AM
History

I think alot of Bias is being shown at how people are perceiving his comments.

It was a nothing comment. People are seeing what they want, be it positive or negative
Closed Thread