United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 16-10-2019, 04:24 PM
NegativeNorris

So basically, we're going to make the same mistakes all over again.
I've no doubt Allegri is a much better manager than Ole, but the main problem we have isn't the manager. If Mourinho and Van Gaal can't succeed here, then why would Allegri? I just have no faith in anything the club does when we have that rat Woodward in charge of things.

Unread 16-10-2019, 04:29 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
%@#$&!s.
Would be another complete 180 with a totally different type of manager so it sounds very plausible.

Unread 16-10-2019, 05:06 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
We had Mourinho, you plastic w****r.
And he delivered two trophies and we stayed relatively competitive.

Ole o the other hand called rashford “rashy” and smiles a lot. We are embarrassing and in relegationform under his management but £#%&! all that...he gets us

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
How's he supposed to fashion a midfield out of Pogba, Perreira, Matic, Fred and McTozza? Starting the season with those options was a suicide mission.
A bed ole made...

No other manager even played periera as much as he does or would have trusted those players going into the season.
Ole thinks “these boys are good enough” so what now is ole wrong or just now a good enough manager to know what makes a good player .

Unread 16-10-2019, 05:13 PM
S/Side.Red

Marls I don't that many people are oblivious to Ole's possible shortcomings. Fair to say most people are a tad worried about it.

Allegri doesn't feel the answer to me but I can imagine the club looking at the CV and thinking that Pogba played well under him and doing it.

Unread 16-10-2019, 05:28 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Heath
He Allegridgely coming.
Oh do £#%&! off. (In a friendly way)

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
£#%&! a proven big name,

lets give it to our much loved 3rd striker from 20 years ago and as long as he talks about the united way and nicknames all the young players we should be just fine....
Oh do £#%&! off (not in a friendly way)

Unread 16-10-2019, 06:53 PM
AK14

Doesn’t matter if it’s Ole or Allegri tbf.

People actually thought sacking Mourinho would make a difference
People believed the balls of a change in transfer strategy and that we’d actually continue on that path
People thought Ole would be given time and that Woodward and Co wouldn’t screw him over.

Nothing will change and if we do go for Allegri we’ll be reading how he’s about to lose his job in 12-18 months time.

Unread 16-10-2019, 07:01 PM
NedKelly

Unread 16-10-2019, 07:06 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Would be another complete 180 with a totally different type of manager so it sounds very plausible.
This. What the hell happened to resetting the culture of the club? Gonna quit 10% into the job, despite ole’s main problem stemming from those above him not signing enough players. How does Allegri fit our supposed vision, other than being a big name that’s available, like van gaal and mourinho?

Allegri would take us back to square one. No doubt he’ll sign a bunch of c***s on huge wages who’ll solve nothing and then we’ll be desperate to get rid of but won’t be able to. Just as we started to make progress addressing those issues under ole. I’d rather ole spend that money. Short term thinking isn’t going to solve the issues with the squad. Ole’s our one shot at changing things for the better.

Unread 16-10-2019, 07:08 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
the only difference between allegri and mourinho is that mourinho is an absolute @#%&! who should never have been allowed near our club.

ole needs to do something to indicate he knows what he's doing. waiting for a midfield won't cut it
Persisting with Young, Fred and Matic won’t help him.

Unread 16-10-2019, 07:10 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
This. What the hell happened to resetting the culture of the club?
It was all %@#$&!s?

Obviously.

Unread 16-10-2019, 07:11 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

A bed ole made...

No other manager even played periera as much as he does or would have trusted those players going into the season.
Ole thinks “these boys are good enough” so what now is ole wrong or just now a good enough manager to know what makes a good player .
Find it hard to believe he didn't want any upgrades to the midfield. Either the scouting is a mess or the recruitment team are, also possibly both, but you don't need to be able to invert a pyramid to see that our midfield would struggle in the championship.

With regards Ole just about everyone has doubts about but the club simply isn't equipped for a top manager, for where we are as a club I think Ole can move us forward and give us some direction in terms of squad and hopefully style of play though there is little evidence of the latter so far.

Unread 16-10-2019, 07:21 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Doesn’t matter if it’s Ole or Allegri tbf.

People actually thought sacking Mourinho would make a difference
People believed the balls of a change in transfer strategy and that we’d actually continue on that path
People thought Ole would be given time and that Woodward and Co wouldn’t screw him over.

Nothing will change and if we do go for Allegri we’ll be reading how he’s about to lose his job in 12-18 months time.
We need people who love the club at its heart. If I were the Glazers I'd promote Ole to its chairman and move Woodward across to purely running the commercial side, then let him (Ole) choose a manager he can work and focus on bring talent in/through the ranks. A restructuring of the club as a whole.

Unread 16-10-2019, 07:27 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryX
We need people who love the club at its heart. If I were the Glazers I'd promote Ole to its chairman and move Woodward across to purely running the commercial side, then let him (Ole) choose a manager he can work and focus on bring talent in/through the ranks. A restructuring of the club as a whole.
so, don’t have ole in the job he’s got 10 years experience in, but move him into a job he isn’t qualified to do? As a fan base we really do get what we deserve.

Unread 16-10-2019, 08:02 PM
AK14

Other than him ‘getting us’ I’m not sure what makes him qualified to manage us tbh.

Apparently between him and Phelan they’re already working as technical directors anyway, so I’d be up for him stepping up into that role.

You see it at many big clubs around Europe that they have ex players as part of the structure above/to the side of the manager.

Unread 16-10-2019, 08:12 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Persisting with Young, Fred and Matic won’t help him.
he hasn't been playing matic, so he can hardly persist with him.

there are far bigger problems than ole, obvs. any manager would face them. but not only does he not play matic and not play a sensible (3-man, none being pogba) midfield and not seem to have any £#%&!ing style of attack (other than hoping other teams play on the half-way line like stupid chelsea), but he is also persisting with shit like chong who will never be a player as long as he has a hole in his arse.

I love ole, but £#%&! off with chong. ole needs to show he knows what he's doing. right now, he just looks lost and so do our players. switching rashford left suddenly made him look more relaxed and better. who knew? who £#%&!ing knew? even gareth slow thought southgate.

it's all very well saying martial and pogba are injured, but the problem is the plan. we don't even look competent without them. if not for james, we would have 90% possession in our own half.

Unread 16-10-2019, 08:54 PM
Whiteside onside

If Allegri came in and £#%&!ed Pogba off he would have made a decent start to getting rid of the poison thats in our club.

Unread 16-10-2019, 09:03 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside onside
If Allegri came in and f***ed Pogba off he would have made a decent start to getting rid of the poison thats in our club.
Woodward is the poison, Pogba is a symptom.

Unread 16-10-2019, 09:50 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
He doesn't have a clue.

HTH.
You need to have a clue to judge whether he has a clue or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Other than him ‘getting us’ I’m not sure what makes him qualified to manage us tbh.
The ‘getting us’, knowing what needs to be done, and his ten years of experience managing people. Though granted, he’s no van gaal or mourinho.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteside onside
If Allegri came in and f***ed Pogba off he would have made a decent start to getting rid of the poison thats in our club.
Except, he wouldn’t. He’s more likely to buy more poison. Another 3 or 4 windows with ole and we’ll probably be rid of the poison and be in decent shape.

Unread 16-10-2019, 10:51 PM
browser

Thumbs up

£#%&! Allegri
£#%&! Woodward
£#%&! Marlo

Let’s ride this train to the bottom baby. 2 more windows to be fully rid of the shit. Matic, Pogba, Young, Jones, Fred, Mata and lingard all still to go.

Burn it down and start again

Unread 17-10-2019, 08:24 AM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
f*** Allegri
f*** Woodward
f*** Marlo

Let’s ride this train to the bottom baby. 2 more windows to be fully rid of the shit. Matic, Pogba, Young, Jones, Fred, Mata and lingard all still to go.

Burn it down and start again
Dig deep. Going to be a few seasons . Ole is out of his depth, but the recruitment and players we have are a bigger issue. Ole has got rid of many shit@#%&!s. Even as a failed season he has done something right.

Theyre all £#%&!ing melts.
Closed Thread