Ole OUT - I've wet my shorts and want Big Sam. 21 18.58%
Voters: 113. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 06-10-2019, 09:45 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
And if he stays at Spurs?...

If we actually sacked Ole and moved for the Poch, that would be the first time we would have hired somebody who wasnt just available at the time we wanted to current guy out.
Well yeah I’d go all out for him now ( if he was serious about coming here), but that’s not how we do things like you say.

Moyes was out of contract, Van Gaal was out of work, Mourinho was in the nut house, we paid peanuts to Molde for Ole. No way we pay the money it would take to get Poch out of spurs imo.

There’s a plenty of managers currently working that I’d take tbh.

Unread 06-10-2019, 09:46 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Well yeah I’d go all out for him now ( if he was serious about coming here), but that’s not how we do things like you say.

Moyes was out of contract, Van Gaal was out of work, Mourinho was in the nut house, we paid peanuts to Molde for Ole. No way we pay the money it would take to get Poch out of spurs imo.

There’s a plenty of managers currently working that I’d take tbh.
The idea of getting yet another manager in genuinely depresses me.

Unread 06-10-2019, 09:51 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
The idea of getting yet another manager in genuinely depresses me.
Yeah same.

But we can’t just stick with Ole because we don’t want to sack yet another manager

He has to show he has the ability to take us forward and at the moment the performances aren’t doing that. I get that a rebuild takes time but there has to be slight improvements along the way.

Unread 06-10-2019, 09:59 PM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Yeah same.

But we can’t just stick with Ole because we don’t want to sack yet another manager

He has to show he has the ability to take us forward and at the moment the performances aren’t doing that. I get that a rebuild takes time but there has to be slight improvements along the way.
Well you’re demanding much too much much too soon. Get used to being shit for a bit. We’ve seen plenty of positive stuff with ole and he’s done well in getting rid of some of our heavy weight shit. It’s left us a bit light and fragile and that will have to be addressed- hopefully in Jan but if not, the summer.

Unread 06-10-2019, 10:01 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Yeah same.

But we can’t just stick with Ole because we don’t want to sack yet another manager.

There does and I'll think they'll come. The injuries and lack of form of players is killing is.

And I think you keep someone on unless you have an alternative plan.

It's not like he's a toxic presence. He doesn't seem to have lost the dressing room. The players are struggling, but they haven't downed tools.

Rushing into another appointment and getting that wrong is costlier and riskier than seeing where this goes for a few more months.

I think we need to be ok with where we finish. Talk of title, top four, top eight... who cares? We've got bigger problems than the projections of one season after only 8 games.

It might actually help if every manager we hired wasnt on the verge of the sack the minute top four comes under threat.

We're a club so terrified of getting left behind in the moment, that make worse decisions for our future.

Unread 06-10-2019, 10:08 PM
Bunker Buster

Cool

Poll result makes me glad to be a red.

Unread 06-10-2019, 10:48 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Well you’re demanding much too much much too soon. Get used to being shit for a bit. We’ve seen plenty of positive stuff with ole and he’s done well in getting rid of some of our heavy weight shit. It’s left us a bit light and fragile and that will have to be addressed- hopefully in Jan but if not, the summer.
I knew this season would be shit tbf, called it pretty early on that the board would screw Ole over and leave us short.

I’m not demanding huge improvements just slight ones, that could be scoring more than one goal in game, players looking like they’re progressing, partnerships in defence or attack etc. At the moment we look worse in every single game we play, sticking with 4231 is just crazy at this point.

The players he has sold (Lukaku, Herrera, Fellaini) shouldn’t have been sold with no replacements coming in. The ones like Smalling and Sanchez have been loaned out so could be back in the summer. Going into the season with two senior strikers (both of whom play every week) and a 17 yr old kid was always going to cost us at some point, same with selling two midfielders and not replacing either.

I’ll be absolutely stunned if we sign anyone in January tbh.

I’m not saying this is Ole’s fault btw, this is because of the mismanagement over the last so many years by the board. The lack of structure in place and complete and utter mess that’s been our transfer strategy. But there’s only so many defeats and poor performances a manager can have and unless there’s any sort of improvement then Ole will be gone.

Unread 06-10-2019, 10:55 PM
Cream

Clownbones and Baron should both be classed as OUT.

AK is just repeatedly saying he'd take anyone right now.

Own it fellas, you'll carry the respect of everyone.

Unread 06-10-2019, 11:19 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

I voted In, it’s not black & white though is it? I think with a lot of time & a £#%&!ton of money we could get Ole on the road... I’m just realistic about a proven coach taking the playing side & a guy who understands us taking the job he’s likely more qualified for. Strange times.

Unread 06-10-2019, 11:30 PM
tatty

Ole is a problem but not the problem.

Unread 07-10-2019, 04:04 AM
Coracao

If our form continues, Woodward may not have much choice.

17 pts from our last 17 league games.

Unread 07-10-2019, 05:20 AM
Albert Tatlock

What exactly is wrong with Martial and the rest of them ? Genuine injuries or do we need to sack the doctor again ? Fergie sacked the doctor once didn't he ?

Unread 07-10-2019, 05:22 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
What exactly is wrong with Martial and the rest of them ? Genuine injuries or do we need to sack the doctor again ? Fergie sacked the doctor once didn't he ?
Can't even remember what Martial's injury was

Hamstring ?

Unread 07-10-2019, 06:27 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
I voted In, it’s not black & white though is it? I think with a lot of time & a £#%&!ton of money we could get Ole on the road... I’m just realistic about a proven coach taking the playing side & a guy who understands us taking the job he’s likely more qualified for. Strange times.
Known exploit ^

One must back the manager. Or one must vote OUT.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Can't even remember what Martial's injury was

Hamstring ?
Lazyitis.

The lad has zero ambition.

Unread 07-10-2019, 06:32 AM
believe

Where’s the option for shake it all about? The last thing I want is for Ole to get sacked but I do wish he’d walk because he’s been completely £#%&!ed over. Or just by the board too bit by a squad full of shithouses who are a disgrace to the club.

Unread 07-10-2019, 07:03 AM
Vedder

A lot of try hards in here

Unread 07-10-2019, 07:11 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vedder
A lot of try hards in here
Aha! Another wolf in sheep's clothing.

Put this one down as O... k I see you have voted.

Unread 07-10-2019, 07:17 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream

Just because your stubby little dick digits are too big for the poll choices, don't take it out on the rest of us.

Unread 07-10-2019, 07:17 AM
Patty_b

Just seen the result now

Ole in! This period will separate the men from the shit @#%&!s. Its also going to be interesting to see whether Ed can hold off pulling the trigger when the pressure is on.

If we change manager I'm sure everything will be great for 5 to 10 games, then it all goes up to shit again.*

Whats the point.

*See Cream's Sig.

Unread 07-10-2019, 07:19 AM
Vedder

I love Ole, will always be a legend but he’s got to go, it’s not all his fault and the squad is shocking but we’re going backwards, I genuinely think we could go down if he’s here all season, I don’t know where the next goal is coming from let alone a win ffs! We’ve played the worst team in the league yesterday and didn’t even look like scoring. Move him upstairs.
Closed Thread