United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 27-09-2019, 09:14 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
The price tag and the way he was presented made it seem like he was going to be the man to put us back up there. Technically, he isn’t fantastic but I think his big problem is consistency.

Take our money back + a bit more.
I think his big problems are that he's not as good as he thinks he is, plus he simply can't be arsed half the £#%&!ing time.

I laughed at the Scotty Parker suggestion, but then I thought about it and I'm no longer laughing... Parker would probably turn us down to be fair...

Unread 27-09-2019, 09:21 AM
ryanMUFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
I think his big problems are that he's not as good as he thinks he is, plus he simply can't be arsed half the £#%&!ing time.

I laughed at the Scotty Parker suggestion, but then I thought about it and I'm no longer laughing... Parker would probably turn us down to be fair...
It would be a bit of a blow if the Fulham manager turned down the chance to play in our midfield.

Mark Noble would do ‘a job’ but in all seriousness.. we should be buying the best players out there with ‘our’ revenue.

Pogba gives the ball away too much for a top level player and tries to compensate for that by doing too much.

Unread 27-09-2019, 09:27 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanMUFC
It would be a bit of a blow if the Fulham manager turned down the chance to play in our midfield.

Mark Noble would do ‘a job’ but in all seriousness.. we should be buying the best players out there with ‘our’ revenue.

Pogba gives the ball away too much for a top level player and tries to compensate for that by doing too much.

which means Mark Noble... or perhaps we couldn't even afford him...

Unread 27-09-2019, 09:55 AM
AK14

Should have done a swap deal in the summer with Madrid for 50-70m and a couple of their talented prospects.

Unread 27-09-2019, 10:34 AM
goldfinger II

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Should have done a swap deal in the summer with Madrid for 50-70m and a couple of their talented prospects.
Think we should've tried to do a swap for Modric plus cash. If they were short of the latter now, they could pay the rest next year.

I actually can't believe Pogba is still here. I would've thought the number 1 priority of the summer would have been to get rid of him. It's madness that we allowed ourselves to enter another season dependent on a player who doesn't give a £#%&! about the team or the club.

Unread 27-09-2019, 10:38 AM
Jack Duckworth

i keep hearing how good he is. any chance he could actually £#%&!ing show it on the pitch?

i would get rid. nigel reo coker is currently without a club.

Unread 27-09-2019, 10:40 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Hes the only midfielder we have with a bit of class. After selling a 25 goal striker and not replacing him I'd be loathe to sell Pogba when our midfield options are woeful.
having a bit of class is not about going for a gallop a couple of times a game and spending the rest of the time hiding, sauntering and not paying attention. he has talent, but no class. there is no point in saying "if he could play consistently at a high level...." he can't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
yup.

I've mentioned it before, but... watch him on vestergaard's goal. marking him. moves out. actually looks over his shoulder to check where vestergaard is. moves a bit further away to a stupidly pointless position. ball comes in. now it looks like it's not his man, so not his fault vestergaard is up against linde. absolutely £#%&!ing disgraceful. and letting people go in and around the area is what he does whenever he's not giving the ball away on the haf-way line.

he is such a £#%&!ing disappointment. we have had players who had made ths most of what little talent they had. he's the opposite.

Unread 27-09-2019, 10:43 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
I actually can't believe Pogba is still here.
Adidas nft

Unread 27-09-2019, 10:44 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

Would have been fine to see him go without even replacing him this summer.

Wonder how much of an influence ole had in the decision.. Very poor decision to build a future with this snake.

I get the feeling nobody really wanted to pay much for him. you'd have more luck relying on scratch cards for a living.

He's the equivalent of a malfunctioning solid gold toilet in a crack house.

Unread 27-09-2019, 12:17 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lazlo Panaflex
He's the equivalent of a malfunctioning solid gold toilet in a crack house.

I reckon he's actually injured, we rushed him back and it showed.

Unread 27-09-2019, 12:39 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk

I reckon he's actually injured, we rushed him back and it showed.
Yeah that penalty run up probably would have finished him off.

Unread 27-09-2019, 12:50 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Yeah that penalty run up probably would have finished him off.
He had every faith in his teammates to do the necessary.

Seriously though, do wonder if his confidence has taken a nose dive and he's massively out of form as well as injured; no serious bids in a summer he was convinced he was off to bigger and better things, missed penalty v Wolves, injury etc..

Unread 27-09-2019, 01:09 PM
utd99

Quote:

Seriously though, do wonder if his confidence has taken a nose dive and he's massively out of form as well as injured; no serious bids in a summer he was convinced he was off to bigger and better things, missed penalty v Wolves, injury etc..
I think it’s pretty clear what’s going on here. I don’t think they’re even trying to hide it anymore. The two most depressing aspects of it are that a) it was so £#%&!ing predictable and b) no matter how you slice and dice it, these £#%&!ers hold all the cards.

The second they decide it’s not for them you’re stuck between a rock and a hard place; even if you exercise the only bit of power you have -namely, the contract- you still can’t force them to play hard or well, nor can you stop them being a poison pill around the place. You can drop them, as Mourinho did, but that turned out well for him, didn’t it?

Pogba and Raiola know their market is established, but between RM, Juventus and PSG the top amount they want to cough up is probably 100-120m; now their job is to force us into selling at that price or below.

Watching the two of them lounging around that pool in Miami at the time of ‘the announcement’, I had very little faith it was going to end any other way tbh.

Unread 27-09-2019, 01:22 PM
Patty_b

Quote:

I get that he's probably the most talented member of our squad, but at the same time, £#%&! him.

If he had any sort of fortitude about him then we wouldn't want to lose him for all the money in the world. But he hasn't. He's lazy, he's not as good as he thinks he is and he's a constant pain in the arse.

Rashford played through the pain for a lot of last season. He wasn't tearing up trees, but the team needed him and he worked through the pain as best he could. He still looked like he gave a shit. Pogba doesn't do that when he's fully fit.

I don't think Pogba is out of form, I think he just can't be arsed.

Unread 27-09-2019, 01:25 PM
utd99

Mino Raiola is the footballing equivalent of Don King.

Unread 27-09-2019, 01:59 PM
Buck

He probably doesn't want to hang about for a rebuild here which is somewhat ironic if it's true he wants to go to Real Madrid since they are also needing a big rebuild.

Unread 27-09-2019, 02:09 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
He probably doesn't want to hang about for a rebuild here which is somewhat ironic if it's true he wants to go to Real Madrid since they are also needing a big rebuild.
yeah but i'll stick my neck out and say they'll probably get their act together before we will

Unread 27-09-2019, 02:40 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
I get that he's probably the most talented member of our squad, but at the same time, £#%&! him.

If he had any sort of fortitude about him then we wouldn't want to lose him for all the money in the world. But he hasn't. He's lazy, he's not as good as he thinks he is and he's a constant pain in the arse.

Rashford played through the pain for a lot of last season. He wasn't tearing up trees, but the team needed him and he worked through the pain as best he could. He still looked like he gave a shit. Pogba doesn't do that when he's fully fit.

I don't think Pogba is out of form, I think he just can't be arsed.
That's the default position because nobody likes him tbh.

Unread 27-09-2019, 02:57 PM
Bunker Buster

Cool

Quote:
That's the default position because nobody likes him tbh.
It's cute how much you defend him.

Name 10 world class performances he's put in since he returned ?

Unread 27-09-2019, 03:01 PM
Cream

Besides being shit against Rochdale, the fact he swerved the penalties was damning. Ole made a point of praising those who volunteered.

Half expect him to suffer more back injuries leading up to January.

200 mil? At this rate he’ll be going for Lukaku money.
Closed Thread