United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 31-08-2019, 07:33 PM
armchair

talk about one paced

Unread 01-09-2019, 12:41 AM
Sparky***

I have no clue what on earth he did on the pitch today. I can't remember a single note worthy thing he contributed.

He has to be the most anonymous footballer we've had since Schneiderlin. Floats about, does nothing, loses the ball whenever it comes anywhere near him and just takes up a shirt.

It's frightening that he's going to end up playing about 40 games for us this season.

Unread 01-09-2019, 07:50 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I have no clue what on earth he did on the pitch today. I can't remember a single note worthy thing he contributed.

He has to be the most anonymous footballer we've had since Schneiderlin. Floats about, does nothing, loses the ball whenever it comes anywhere near him and just takes up a shirt.

It's frightening that he's going to end up playing about 40 games for us this season.
He had 5 decent minutes between the 20th and the 25th where he was linking up play and giving their massive, thick left back a run around, but apart from that he was gash.

If we see him play at right wing above some of the younger players we have access to then someone needs shooting.

Unread 01-09-2019, 08:23 AM
Curtis

It should be noted he was put in the right wing. A position he’s never played and was destined to fail. On top of that he had a terrible game so it was a compound injury. Get the feeling Ole played him there in answer to the extensive (and justified) criticism of Lingard’s constant inclusion. As if to suggest if not one then the other. Backfired a bit when Greenwood came on and did more than either of them in half the time.

Pereira is an attacking central midfielder who can work as a second pivot in a possession heavy system. He isn’t world class and never will be be. A squad player. The hysterics about a 23 year old trying to find is feet when being given different totally orders each game, are more than a little over the top.

Unread 01-09-2019, 08:51 AM
Red Santos

He’s one of those 'kids' in recent years like Fosu-Mensah, Tuanzebe who for some reason are overrated to kingdom come. They’ve developed a myth-like status. They should be nothing but fringe players at best ffs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Absolute nothing player.
we have a squad teeming of players like him. A squad full of £#%&!ing squad players playing week in week out. It’s no surprise we are where we are.

Imagine a team consisting of your Quinton Fortunes, David Mays, Mike Phelans, Jordi Cruyffs, Luke Chadwicks, Lee Martins, Tom Cleverlys, Rafaels and John Osheas playing week in week out?

well we have an equivalent today. FULL OF THEM

Unread 01-09-2019, 10:42 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
It should be noted he was put in the right wing. A position he’s never played and was destined to fail. On top of that he had a terrible game so it was a compound injury. Get the feeling Ole played him there in answer to the extensive (and justified) criticism of Lingard’s constant inclusion. As if to suggest if not one then the other. Backfired a bit when Greenwood came on and did more than either of them in half the time.

Pereira is an attacking central midfielder who can work as a second pivot in a possession heavy system. He isn’t world class and never will be be. A squad player. The hysterics about a 23 year old trying to find is feet when being given different totally orders each game, are more than a little over the top.
Didn’t he play right wing when on loan at Valencia?

Unread 01-09-2019, 12:20 PM
Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Didn’t he play right wing when on loan at Valencia?
Almost exclusively left side. Occasionally central.

Unread 01-09-2019, 12:22 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
He’s one of those 'kids' in recent years like Fosu-Mensah, Tuanzebe who for some reason are overrated to kingdom come. They’ve developed a myth-like status. They should be nothing but fringe players at best ffs.

we have a squad teeming of players like him. A squad full of £#%&!ing squad players playing week in week out. It’s no surprise we are where we are.

Imagine a team consisting of your Quinton Fortunes, David Mays, Mike Phelans, Jordi Cruyffs, Luke Chadwicks, Lee Martins, Tom Cleverlys, Rafaels and John Osheas playing week in week out?

well we have an equivalent today. FULL OF THEM
And your basing axels utd career on what you leach

Unread 01-09-2019, 12:35 PM
AK14

Quote:
Almost exclusively left side. Occasionally central.
Played quite a bit on the right by the looks of it

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/andr.../0?saison=2017

Also remember Mourinho mentioning him playing as a right sided player for them tbf.

Looks like you were thinking of his Grenada loan in 16/17?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/andr.../0?saison=2016

Unread 01-09-2019, 12:38 PM
Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Played quite a bit on the right by the looks of it

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/andr.../0?saison=2017

Also remember Mourinho mentioning him playing as a right sided player for them tbf.

Looks like you were thinking of his Grenada loan in 16/17?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/andr.../0?saison=2016
Oh right. Right side then. I was convinced it was at Valencia. My mistake. Thanks.

Unread 01-09-2019, 12:40 PM
AK14

Quote:
Oh right. Right side then. I was convinced it was at Valencia. My mistake. Thanks.
No probs pal.

I was sure it was right side because I remember Mou questioned him playing in a role that we didn’t have room for him at....

Because of course we’ve been stacked at right wing for a while tbh

Unread 01-09-2019, 12:59 PM
dunk

So he's actually just a bit shit then?

Unread 01-09-2019, 01:22 PM
Red Santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
And your basing axels utd career on what you leach
U-23's and Aston Villa last season lad

Had a decent season with Villa last season. Tyrone Mings was their stand out defender though.

Good lad, got good physicality about him. But terrible in the air, makes Lindelof look like Nemaja Vidic. All round average centre-back.

Unread 01-09-2019, 01:37 PM
Cream

Felt a bit sorry for him.
Looked gutted with himself when he was hooked.

But boy was he £#%&!ing shite.

Unread 01-09-2019, 01:43 PM
Sapien

Football’s equivalent of the colour beige. Does nothing whatsoever that I can recall.

Does himself no favours by looking like Ben Shapiro either.

Unread 01-09-2019, 01:45 PM
barca99

£#%&!ing shite. Him and Scotty Scott Mc Scotters are the future of this club

Unread 01-09-2019, 01:47 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
£#%&!ing shite. Him and Scotty Scott Mc Scotters are the future of this club
The Scottish Player has bundles more potential than Pereira.

Unread 01-09-2019, 01:52 PM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Football’s equivalent of the colour beige. Does nothing whatsoever that I can recall.

Does himself no favours by looking like Ben Shapiro either.
One man's beige is another man's cosmic latte.

Could use him around the squad to help knit things together.

I'm talking literally, he could whip up a J Lingz beanie to warm Rashy's head at half time.

Unread 01-09-2019, 02:12 PM
MartialLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
The Scottish Player has bundles more potential than Pereira.
Based on what?

They're both £#%&!ing shite

Unread 01-09-2019, 06:04 PM
red in cumbria

Never mind Schneiderlin, he was almost getting to Liam Miller levels of nothingness yesterday
Closed Thread