United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-06-2019, 10:08 PM
Chorlton74

The 206th player we've been linked with this summer already.

Unread 03-06-2019, 10:11 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
£60m

A championship player this time last season and had an ok season in an ok team.

Jesus H Corbett.
I actually think he looks very good. Obviously £60m and United good is another matter.

Had never heard of the Swansea lad so happy to know who this one is.

Unread 03-06-2019, 10:21 PM
92ToBury

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Maddy
Will go missing in Europe nqat

Unread 03-06-2019, 10:30 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
I actually think he looks very good. Obviously £60m and United good is another matter.

Had never heard of the Swansea lad so happy to know who this one is.
I'm unconvinced.

Still, him and the Swansea lad is a better profile of player and the kind I'd like us to go for.

I suppose the trade off is the concern that they simply aren't good enough.

Unread 03-06-2019, 11:20 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Supposed to be a #@&%!

Good player though tbf.
Well, that sounds promising.

Unread 03-06-2019, 11:52 PM
MrBishi

I've heard he's got a square garden

Unread 04-06-2019, 07:56 AM
bazrah99

On the plus side, he can take a set piece

Straight to the top of the queue.

Unread 04-06-2019, 08:12 AM
Patty_b

James Maddison a £60 million player .

Although I suppose we paid more for Lukaku, Pogba and even Di Maria before the market prices went proper mental.

I wouldn't mind signing him, but £60 million just stinks of big Ed being mugged off once again.

Unread 04-06-2019, 09:39 AM
flixton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patty_b
James Maddison a £60 million player .

Although I suppose we paid more for Lukaku, Pogba and even Di Maria before the market prices went proper mental.

I wouldn't mind signing him, but £60 million just stinks of big Ed being mugged off once again.
You do realise that £60m is made up number don't you?

Unread 04-06-2019, 09:40 AM
The Stella Fella

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
Its not made up at all I remember counting that high at Primary School

Unread 04-06-2019, 09:41 AM
Seamus

decent player.

we are linked to Mo Salah according to the spanish papers

We need Miguel on the case

Unread 04-06-2019, 09:41 AM
TheFatGoth

Unread 04-06-2019, 09:50 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
decent player.

we are linked to Mo Salah according to the spanish papers

We need Miguel on the case
Agreed. I'll drop him a DM, see what he's heard en el piso

Unread 04-06-2019, 10:07 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
It's the number being reported, if you don't like it then tell that to whoever reported that specific figure

Unread 04-06-2019, 10:30 AM
Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
Maddy
Quote:
Originally Posted by 92ToBury
Will go missing in Europe nqat
Very good.

Unread 04-06-2019, 10:33 AM
shenwen

Good player. Add him to the list.
Couldn’t care less if he coat 60m it 60p (as long as the price didn’t mess up other signings).

Unread 04-06-2019, 11:14 AM
AK14

Sounds like a cracking lad...

Should fit in well here tbf

Quote:
I saw Jamie Maddison at Tesco in Leicester last week. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm..._strangers_of/

Unread 04-06-2019, 11:24 AM
Patty_b

Quote:
I saw Jamie Maddison at Tesco in Leicester last week. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
That's from notorious greentext fan fiction, originally about Ryan Gosling: youtube.com/watch?v=ziIbuBaPRf4

He actually sounds like a bigger @#%&! from the Telegraph article that the Reddit thread links to

telegraph.co.uk/news/2018/08/22/premier-league-footballer-boasted-7k-a-week-salary-friend-attacked/

Quote:
Ipswich Crown Court heard how the footballer asked local James Brown if he knew who he was before mocking him and a group of friends saying he earned more in a month than they all do in a year.

Mr Cadby then slapped and punched Mr Brown, jurors heard, and Judge Emma Peters, summing up evidence for jurors, said Maddison claimed his shoes were more expensive than the group's outfits....

Judge Peters told the court Mr Brown was waiting for a taxi with friends at a bus stop when the footballer approached them in the early hours.

"He said 'Do you know who I am?' It was quite friendly, not at all aggressive," she said.

"We said 'We don't know, why would we?' He said 'I'm James Maddison, I play for Norwich City.'

"When we said we didn't know, he changed a bit and started talking about his trainers.

"He said he earns £7,000 per week. He said he earns more in a month than we do in a year. He didn't ask what I did. He said his shoes were worth more than our outfits."

Unread 04-06-2019, 11:26 AM
TheFatGoth

Yeah, but how many followers has he got on insta?

Unread 04-06-2019, 11:29 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Sounds like a cracking lad...

Should fit in well here tbf

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comm..._strangers_of/
That's a straight up meme FFS
Closed Thread