United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-10-2019, 12:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I was mildly impressed; something I never thought would happen with this kid. It’s still only one game though, and it wasn’t like he was running the show, just better than normal.

Hope he kicks on.
He was pretty good against Arsenal too tbh.

Again, he's not what we thought, or he thought probably, he is. He's not that creative/number 10 type, he's a bit of a Herrera, would like to be further up, but isn't good enough so instead will have to make a career of tearing about, kicking people and being a pain in the arse for the opposition.

Unread 21-10-2019, 01:58 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
He was pretty good against Arsenal too tbh.

Again, he's not what we thought, or he thought probably, he is. He's not that creative/number 10 type, he's a bit of a Herrera, would like to be further up, but isn't good enough so instead will have to make a career of tearing about, kicking people and being a pain in the arse for the opposition.
Thought the same yesterday about him being an Herrera type player.

Looks like he has a bit of snide about him which is good.

Unread 21-10-2019, 02:48 PM
Switching Off

Decision making 9/20

Unread 21-10-2019, 03:00 PM
redhegemony

prefer him to Lingard - decent on a dead ball but not sure what his best position is.

Unread 21-10-2019, 03:06 PM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert Tatlock
He's a squad player like Park was. But, like park he can have good days like today. Right now we've not that much choice.
Park would be one of our best players in this side. Perreira is one of our worst

Unread 21-10-2019, 04:00 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Park would be one of our best players in this side. Perreira is one of our worst
Amen.

He is an absolutely nothing player. A Brazilian Tom Cleverly.

Unread 21-10-2019, 04:09 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Either way, Periera's not good enough to be a starter for this club if we want to get back to winning leagues etc.

Unread 21-10-2019, 04:12 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Even after yesterday’s amazing performance?

Unread 21-10-2019, 04:46 PM
red in cumbria

I do hope yesterday wasn't just a bit of game raising, up to him to prove that suspicion wrong.

Unread 21-10-2019, 05:48 PM
TheNew

He's always looked better as a ten, as opposed to being shunted out to the right wing.

I have my doubts he's good enough, but he has some attributes.

Unread 21-10-2019, 07:20 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Don't think so. Great effort, but beyond that he was pretty average.
I’m still thinking in terms of potential, which is why I say he’s running out of time. On paper he’s got a lot what you’d want. Technical quality has never been an issue; he’s got good feet, can pass and run with it. Throw in the work rate, decent turn of pace and a solid engine and there’s plenty to work with.

He’s never been able to make himself productive though. I’ve said a few times it feels like he has never really learned how to play football. Chances are we will end up needing to upgrade him, but I can imagine the staff hoping there will be a lightbulb moment where he puts it all together.

Unread 21-10-2019, 07:48 PM
jem

he's scored some cracking goals. if he got a couple right for the first team, everyone would love him.

that failure to reverse pass to james in the first half was unforgivable, though. he didn't even see it.

I say love him. like a poor man's herrera.

Unread 21-10-2019, 08:10 PM
AK14

James missed a couple of easier chances to play Rashford in on goal tbf.

I think he’s a decent player, he’ll (hopefully) be seen more as a squad player in the future and I think that’s about right for him.

Unread 21-10-2019, 08:13 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
James missed a couple of easier chances to play Rashford in on goal tbf.

I think he’s a decent player, he’ll (hopefully) be seen more as a squad player in the future and I think that’s about right for him.
I remember two in the second half, but the first, Rashford was offside and never on.

Mctom had a bad one in the first half

Our decision making in the final third is a big problem.

We should have been in 3 or 4 times in the first half. It's as bad a missed chance but it doesn't show up on the stats.

Unread 21-10-2019, 11:46 PM
utd99

I gave him credit earlier, but watching back Rashford’s goal Perreira did nothing more than fast trot on the follow up. In the event that goes against the keeper, or the defender gets a touch and it pops out, we had no one sprinting to back up Rashford; this is symptomatic of the way we play and part of the reason why we struggle to score.

If everything is perfect -as it was for the goal- then fine, but often it’s not. On good teams it’s very often not the person the initial chance falls to who scores. We have too many ball watchers and buck passers in this squad.

Unread 22-10-2019, 07:46 AM
barca99

Complete nothing player.

Cant think of one thing he is remotely good at

Unread 22-10-2019, 07:56 AM
believe

He’s had about three or four shots from outside the box this season that have struggled to reach the keeper. you can’t fault his optimism

Unread 24-11-2019, 08:49 PM
ZiggyStardust

He might have just put in the worst midfield performance I’ve ever seen from a Utd player
If he starts the next PL game then Ole should be sacked on the spot

Unread 24-11-2019, 08:53 PM
Neo

Thumbs down

I've always been baffled that anyone has ever rated this @#%&!. Not gonna name names, but a few on here have argued how he's got 'good technique', and 'just needs to find his role in the side'.

He's £#%&!ing pony, and always has been. He's Tom Cleverley / Daron Gibson levels, if not worse. Schneiderlin level of guts, too.

Sticking him next to that waster Fred only exposes the both of them more. And people want Pogba sold.

Unread 24-11-2019, 09:06 PM
Cream

Remember when he was going to 'speak to his people' before committing to United.

Badly exposed today.
Closed Thread