United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 15-02-2019, 10:35 AM
Buck

Catch 22. Poch was the favorite from the start and in terms of squad building, player development and style he fits the bill. The consensus on him is built on years of work going back to Southampton. But Ole is surpassing what people expected in the sense it's been an overnight change like a flick of a switch. The results are excellent and the spirit even more. Might be Di Matteo v2 with it all being a short term impact with relatively low expectations but if he carries on the way he's going he'll earn the chance to take it full time, as Di Matteo did with Chelsea.

Unread 15-02-2019, 10:51 AM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Catch 22. Poch was the favorite from the start and in terms of squad building, player development and style he fits the bill. The consensus on him is built on years of work going back to Southampton. But Ole is surpassing what people expected in the sense it's been an overnight change like a flick of a switch. The results are excellent and the spirit even more. Might be Di Matteo v2 with it all being a short term impact with relatively low expectations but if he carries on the way he's going he'll earn the chance to take it full time, as Di Matteo did with Chelsea.
Di Matteo won the CL - they couldn't NOT give it to him.

Even if we get top four, which I think they will, I am now inclined that they will see that as even more of a reason to go for Poch who is clearly the long term replacement as the solid foundations for him will have been well and truly laid.

Unread 15-02-2019, 11:04 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
Massive game Monday on the back of a poor result. Add to that our injuries, our record there and the fact its our last chance of silverware I will be astonished if we win.
It was so much the result. It was always a difficult game ... the performance was poor and we looked nervous. That was the first time the character went and the plan wasn't anywhere near executed.

Chelsea is A tough game we could play well in and lose.... the key is whether or not he can lift them and what PSG has done to their confidence.

Performances and approach over the next few games will tell as much as results.

Unread 15-02-2019, 11:10 AM
redhegemony

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Name is Keith
Wrong quote? I’m after the ott pro city oot’ners shit.
yes half asleep £#%&!wit in action.

Unread 15-02-2019, 11:14 AM
Clownbones

I actually like Ole too.

I never liked Moyes or Jose and I was neutral about LVG.

There's something to said for wanting to see a club legend do well in the job compared to somebody with no connection who I'm not arsed about.

Unread 15-02-2019, 11:18 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Di Matteo won the CL - they couldn't NOT give it to him.

Even if we get top four, which I think they will, I am now inclined that they will see that as even more of a reason to go for Poch who is clearly the long term replacement as the solid foundations for him will have been well and truly laid.
Jesus £#%&!ing christ....

Unread 15-02-2019, 11:53 AM
MartialLaw

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
I actually like Ole too.

I never liked Moyes or Jose and I was neutral about LVG.

There's something to said for wanting to see a club legend do well in the job compared to somebody with no connection who I'm not arsed about.
I don't think there's a united fan over the age of 30 who doesn't love ole' but I can't see how he's a better option than poch no matter what happens from now till may.

Unread 15-02-2019, 12:00 PM
dunk

Honestly starting to think there is absolutely zero chance of Poch ditching Spurs this summer tbh. New stadium, young team etc.

I reckon Ole stays for next season at least..

Unread 15-02-2019, 12:11 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Honestly starting to think there is absolutely zero chance of Poch ditching Spurs this summer tbh. New stadium, young team etc.

I reckon Ole stays for next season at least..
You honestly think we’d even pay the money to get him?

I just can’t see us spending £40m or whatever it is on a manager??

Like you say Ole stays for now imo.

Unread 15-02-2019, 12:14 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by MartialLaw
I don't think there's a united fan over the age of 30 who doesn't love ole' but I can't see how he's a better option than poch no matter what happens from now till may.
We might not be able to get Poch.

In fact, I think we won't.

I'll be surprised now if it's isn't Ole.

Unread 15-02-2019, 12:36 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
You honestly think we’d even pay the money to get him?

I just can’t see us spending £40m or whatever it is on a manager??

Like you say Ole stays for now imo.
Not sure on that.

Think I'd rather it was spent on the team under Ole anyway tbh.

You can usually tell when the time is right for a player or manager to be on the move either way, just not feeling it with Poch, just too much positive happening at Spurs and he doesn't feel finished there..

Unread 15-02-2019, 12:59 PM
Albert Tatlock

You can imagine his interview with Ed

We're talking away
I don't know what I'm to say, but I'll say it anyway
Today's another day to find you
Shying away
I'll be coming for this job, okay?
Take Ole (take on me)
Take me on (take Ole)
Or I'll be gone
In a day or twoooooooooo

So needless to say
It's only odds and ends of a team that I have here,
stumbling away
Slowly learning that 4th is okay
Say after me
It's no better to be safe than sorry
Take Ole (take on me)
Take me on (take on me)
Or I'll be gone
In a day or twooooooo

Unread 15-02-2019, 01:21 PM
Red Santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
hearing he tore into the players in the dressing room Fergie style after Tuesday night

Unread 15-02-2019, 01:22 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos

Unread 15-02-2019, 03:44 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos

Unread 15-02-2019, 04:07 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
If we lose against Chelsea, lose at home against Liverpool, lose against City - still give him the job?
We may well do now, given the injuries. I’d still give it him. If it doesn’t work out pochettino will be more available, or someone better.

The defeat and injuries will be a good test for Ole whilst also allowing him to learn more about the squad.

The other alternative is pochettino with ole making a success of some other premier league job and getting the United Job when pochettino leaves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
Appreciate I’m a lone voice in the wilderness on this but I’d have us lose 13-0 to the scousers if it stops City winning the league. Are we even rivals with LFC?
I’d say we were rivals, yes.

Unread 15-02-2019, 05:24 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
How we go about the game and the players confidence will tell us more than the result.... because we always £#%&!ing lose there.
Drew the most recent one.

Unread 18-02-2019, 08:23 PM
windy waffles

Bump

Unread 18-02-2019, 09:25 PM
Clownbones

It would be too big a risk to end all this now.

Unread 18-02-2019, 09:26 PM
Sapien

If only we had Harry Macguire.
Closed Thread