United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-09-2019, 10:06 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I thought the best coaches were supposed to, you know, actually coach.
Van gaal said a top coach can add 10% to a player/squad. If it was mostly about coaching, guardiola wouldn’t have had such a high turnover with a city squad that were already very good.

Unread 24-09-2019, 02:45 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Van gaal said a top coach can add 10% to a player/squad. If it was mostly about coaching, guardiola wouldn’t have had such a high turnover with a city squad that were already very good.
Well I’m sure in Mourinho’s case whatever he wasn’t doing very well was compounded by the way he was acting. It’s an unpleasant situation to begin with when you can’t get a reliable centre back pairing out of six international players, two of whom you recruited yourself, but to then act like an petulant @#%&! about it doesn’t exactly evoke sympathy.

The fact is that Mourinho would have needed to radically change his attitude to be successful here after the Chelsea debacle, and I was hopeful he would. He didn’t.

Unread 25-09-2019, 10:59 AM
windy waffles

Thumbs up

Quote:
Well I’m sure in Mourinho’s case whatever he wasn’t doing very well was compounded by the way he was acting. It’s an unpleasant situation to begin with when you can’t get a reliable centre back pairing out of six international players, two of whom you recruited yourself, but to then act like an petulant @#%&! about it doesn’t exactly evoke sympathy.

The fact is that Mourinho would have needed to radically change his attitude to be successful here after the Chelsea debacle, and I was hopeful he would. He didn’t.
Spot on.

Unread 25-09-2019, 11:16 AM
Jack Duckworth

Quote:

yep, the sour-faced @#%&! was a toxic presence.

also, why would a world class player want to put roots down here if the manager couldn't even be arsed to move out of his travel tavern?

Unread 25-09-2019, 11:29 AM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
yep, the sour-faced @#%&! was a toxic presence.

also, why would a world class player want to put roots down here if the manager couldn't even be arsed to move out of his travel tavern?
Indeed. Mourinho’s time here was very odd. From minute one he felt like nothing more than a temporary appointment; an appointment he was breaking his neck to conclude asap.

I’m surprised no story ever came out about Faria’s reasons for sneaking out the back door in the dead of night.

Unread 25-09-2019, 11:49 AM
Baron

Quote:
Indeed. Mourinho’s time here was very odd. From minute one he felt like nothing more than a temporary appointment; an appointment he was breaking his neck to conclude asap.

I’m surprised no story ever came out about Faria’s reasons for sneaking out the back door in the dead of night.
I think it had got to the point where his track record spoke for itself. Not the trophy laden, boring / functional football record, but the classic routine:

Season 1. Consolidate, win a minor cup
Season 2. Win the league / go close
Season 3. Return looking moody, fall out with everyone, get sacked halfway through

It's literally a blueprint of his & I don't think he even wants a long term job. He's a short term guy. Probably why he's done so well in modern football tbh.

Unread 06-10-2019, 05:40 PM
AK14

No away win this thread.

Jinxed.
Closed Thread