Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Itll give them an excuse
It seems to be giving him an excuse.

Unread 21-12-2017, 12:48 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Buy in january or it'll probably end up costing the manager his job
Well it'll cost another £300 for whoever they get in after him.

We are utterly £#%&!ed and directionless if we sack him.

Unread 21-12-2017, 12:49 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
We are utterly £#%&!ed and directionless if we sack him.
What have we got to lose?

Unread 21-12-2017, 01:03 AM
Kangared

Sack the manager ??

We are 2nd in the league & won our CL group . Short of hiring the Wizard of Oz who could dish out a few much needed hearts & brains to several players who else is going to come in ?

Unread 21-12-2017, 01:06 AM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Isn't he dead?
I'm hearing he is secretly very dead indeed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Short of hiring the Wizard of Oz who could dish out a few much needed hearts & brains to several players who else is going to come in ?
have you seen the film? mourinho is the £#%&!ing wizard of oz.

Unread 21-12-2017, 09:48 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Sack the manager ??

We are 2nd in the league & won our CL group . Short of hiring the Wizard of Oz who could dish out a few much needed hearts & brains to several players who else is going to come in ?
With the second most expensively assembled squad in English football and I guess top five or six in the world? If that's Mourinho magic it's a bit meh, Even Moyes took us through a CL group unbeaten, and I bet a declining Bayern Munich would hand Mourinho's team it's arse too, probably after the dullest most disjointed game of football I['ll ever watch,

I'm sick of the shithouse tactics every time a half decent team comes over the hill, I'm sick of his constant smacked arse demeanour, our play in the opponents half of the pitch looks increasingly like skilled individuals just improvising on the hoof, it looks £#%&!ing great when it clicks and works and incoherent shite when it doesn't.

Apparently though he's got a squad full of shit@#%&!s and he needs another £400million worth of players, and we can only hope that they don't go to pot under Mourinho's top drawer man management.

Unread 21-12-2017, 10:41 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
With the second most expensively assembled squad in English football and I guess top five or six in the world?
Assembled by whom?

Quote:
Apparently though he's got a squad full of shit@#%&!s
Hasn’t he?

I wouldn’t say a squad full, but they lack someone other than pogba with leadership/attitude that will galvanise them when up against it.

Quote:
and he needs another £400million worth of players
Doesn’t he?

18 months into the job and outspent by city who had a better team in the first place. I don’t know what people expect. Expecting instant gratification is just bullshit. A 46 year old Fergie wouldn’t see out 3 years in today’s environment.

Unread 21-12-2017, 10:42 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
Hasn’t he?

Doesn’t he?

18 months into the job and outspent by city who had a better team in the first place. I don’t know what people expect. Expecting instant gratification isn’t just bullshit. A 46 year old Fergie wouldn’t see out 3 years in today’s environment.
18 monthis into the job and outplayed by Bristol City.

Sure he'd do better with a different team. So would any £#%&!ing manager. What's so special about him?

Unread 21-12-2017, 10:44 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
18 monthis into the job and outplayed by Bristol City.
In the league £#%&!ing cup. No doubt because a lot of players didn’t want to face city again at some point.

United have been outplayed loads of times over the past 10 years. 20 years even. It’s how they respond that matters, and this team lacks that mentality.

Hate to say it for the bed wetters on here, but it will take mourinho another 2 years to get the squad where it needs to be. 1 year for signings, and another to become settled. Assuming the club back him and the fans don’t throw their toys out of the pram because it hasnt happened overnight.

Quote:
Sure he'd do better with a different team. So would any £#%&!ing manager. What's so special about him?
Other than being one of the best managers in the world, I don’t know. What was so special about Fergie?

Unread 21-12-2017, 10:46 AM
ziggyman17

2 fullbcks, another 2 midfielders, one of which should be more attack minded, a winger, start using Martial and Rashford more through the middle, these are all needed by the end if the summer window. Fabinho would be a good start, equally as good in full back ormidfield.

Unread 21-12-2017, 11:42 AM
ScholesGingerSheen

So the squad which was never an excuse that Moyes was allowed, is now just so chock full of shite that a supposed top manager in World football can't possibly mould it in to a coherent football side. 2 years removed from Leicester City winning the Premier League we're still trotting out the "no way you can catch City without spending bajillions", never mind catching City, I'd settle for looking like we know what we're doing when we attempt to do more than defend our 18 yard box.

I don't give a £#%&! what standard this board thinks the footballers are, when I watch other top sides City being the prime example, and not just this season the signs were there last year, I see teams that know what they're doing in any situation, they know where their team mates are, what runs they're going to make, I see structure, when I see our midfield and forwards I see a team that's been told, if you lose the ball track back and that's pretty much the sum total of it, I see no evidence of passing drills, of a system that's been impressed on the players beyond the striker is simply the first line of defence.

We played Manchester City with 2 young players who want the ball to feet so they can square defenders up and run at them and a centre forward who either wants crosses into the 6 yard box or a ball in behind on the ground so he can out run the centre half, instead we had Rojo hoofing it into orbit for a half expecting results against experienced International class centre halves. I don't give a tinkers cuss who you let Mourinho buy, he could buy Messi and Neymar, and that is still never going to £#%&!ing work.

Unread 21-12-2017, 11:54 AM
AK14

Quote:
So the squad which was never an excuse that Moyes was allowed, is now just so chock full of shite that a supposed top manager in World football can't possibly mould it in to a coherent football side. 2 years removed from Leicester City winning the Premier League we're still trotting out the "no way you can catch City without spending bajillions", never mind catching City, I'd settle for looking like we know what we're doing when we attempt to do more than defend our 18 yard box.

I don't give a £#%&! what standard this board thinks the footballers are, when I watch other top sides City being the prime example, and not just this season the signs were there last year, I see teams that know what they're doing in any situation, they know where their team mates are, what runs they're going to make, I see structure, when I see our midfield and forwards I see a team that's been told, if you lose the ball track back and that's pretty much the sum total of it, I see no evidence of passing drills, of a system that's been impressed on the players beyond the striker is simply the first line of defence.

We played Manchester City with 2 young players who want the ball to feet so they can square defenders up and run at them and a centre forward who either wants crosses into the 6 yard box or a ball in behind on the ground so he can out run the centre half, instead we had Rojo hoofing it into orbit for a half expecting results against experienced International class centre halves. I don't give a tinkers cuss who you let Mourinho buy, he could buy Messi and Neymar, and that is still never going to £#%&!ing work.
Moyes took over the champions...

Didn't read the rest.

Unread 21-12-2017, 12:00 PM
ziggyman17

Quote:

Parklife...

Unread 21-12-2017, 12:03 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Sack the manager ??

He’s not going to be sacked, surely?

I expect him to be here next season but I suppose a situation could arise whereby PSG make him an offer and we fail to respond, thereby inviting him to pack his bags. Doubt it’ll happen but the longer he goes without signing a new deal I guess you never know.

United would survive though. Ed will throw a load of money at Poch or Simeone and we’d go again.

Unread 21-12-2017, 12:04 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
He’s not going to be sacked, surely?

I expect him to be here next season but I suppose a situation could arise whereby PSG make him an offer and we fail to respond, thereby inviting him to pack his bags. Doubt it’ll happen but the longer he goes without signing a new deal I guess you never know.

United would survive though. Ed will throw a load of money at Poch or Simeone and we’d go again.
I'm sure people would love the football under simeone

Unread 21-12-2017, 12:05 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
I'm sure people would love the football under simeone
the piss boiling would be worth it

Unread 21-12-2017, 12:27 PM
ziggyman17

If he was to leave..what next ? Who do we get ? Being realistic, I cannot see us getting the likes of the Spurs manager or the like.. It would be the likes of Woodward headhunting a new coach.. Deary me..

Unread 21-12-2017, 12:31 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziggyman17
If he was to leave..what next ? Who do we get ? Being realistic, I cannot see us getting the likes of the Spurs manager or the like.. It would be the likes of Woodward headhunting a new coach.. Deary me..
The guy he's replacing at PSG would be a shout..

Depends which direction the club wants to go in.

At some point they have to accept they can't compete with City like for like, the field isn't level, it's not possible to match what they do as they have no constraints or rules to follow. Therefore they have to be creative and find a way to compete and run the club effectively and efficiently. Atletico Madrid, Monaco, Dortmund, Munich etc. all manage it on a budget less than we have through shrewd planning and management. We need someone with a brain leading from the top..

Unread 21-12-2017, 12:31 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
In the league £#%&!ing cup. No doubt because a lot of players didn’t want to face city again at some point.

United have been outplayed loads of times over the past 10 years. 20 years even. It’s how they respond that matters, and this team lacks that mentality.

Hate to say it for the bed wetters on here, but it will take mourinho another 2 years to get the squad where it needs to be. 1 year for signings, and another to become settled. Assuming the club back him and the fans don’t throw their toys out of the pram because it hasnt happened overnight.

This. It’s not brilliant but I genuinely think this is the time to dig in and stick with him.
Closed Thread