United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 24-01-2009, 08:18 PM
wonky no

Default excellent debut

well done Ole, Fergie, Mr P for finding, buying, looking after and producing such amazing prospects.

the worlds greatest ever 'buy one get one free' deal

Unread 24-01-2009, 08:23 PM
borsuk

eckersley has a brother?

Unread 24-01-2009, 08:26 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk
eckersley has a brother?
scholes.

i feel i've let uniteds next ginger sensation down. i like him ECK of a lot (oh yes) and he'll make it, he can play anywhere

Unread 24-01-2009, 08:28 PM
wiganste

Thumbs up

Fabio was wonderful. I had a big shit eating grin every time he got the ball.

18 years old ffs and he just goes charging through the middle/out wide. And he has a decent cross on him too. Can't wait to see the twins together.

Tosic impressed me too. Whipped in a fantastic free kick.

Lok

I thought Tosic looked good when he came on. His passing was very sharp.

Wafty Crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
scholes.

i feel i've let uniteds next ginger sensation down. i like him ECK of a lot (oh yes) and he'll make it, he can play anywhere
He'll have to get used to being called 'Willie'.

Unread 24-01-2009, 08:30 PM
Wafty Crank

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
18 years old ffs and he just goes charging through the middle/out wide. And he has a decent cross on him too. Can't wait to see the twins together.
Imagine in 2010/11, those two marauding down either flank....we'll be playing 5-3-2 or maybe even 5-2-3...

Unread 24-01-2009, 08:32 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wafty Crank
Imagine in 2010/11, those two marauding down either flank....we'll be playing 5-3-2 or maybe even 5-2-3...
They're both good enough now to be first choice in a majority of games. How the £#%&! did we manage to get 2 talented kids like that, from Brazil?

Unread 24-01-2009, 08:38 PM
Tiberian

Fabio is naturally right footed I believe, has played most of his football on the left but would probably be equally comfortable on the right. Will he stay as a full back though? He will find it hard to displace Evra, but looks that he could provide a similar style as a back up.

As I said in the match thread he looks to be a bit taller than his brother and most sources have said that he is technically better, based just on those 55 mins I could see him playing CM at some point, 2 good feet, good passer of the ball, physically good.

Unread 24-01-2009, 08:43 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Fabio is naturally right footed I believe, has played most of his football on the left but would probably be equally comfortable on the right. Will he stay as a full back though? He will find it hard to displace Evra, but looks that he could provide a similar style as a back up.

As I said in the match thread he looks to be a bit taller than his brother and most sources have said that he is technically better, based just on those 55 mins I could see him playing CM at some point, 2 good feet, good passer of the ball, physically good.
i think he has a more upright posture than rafael. did i really just say that ?

Unread 24-01-2009, 11:56 PM
Sparky***

Fabio, Rafael, Anderson, Nani, Tosic, Evans, Welbeck.

Everyting Airie.

Stick that up your arse Arsene.

Unread 25-01-2009, 12:05 AM
wiganste

With all these exciting youngsters at the club, don't expect Fergie to retire for another 5 years.

Unread 25-01-2009, 12:48 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Fabio, Rafael, Anderson, Nani, Tosic, Evans, Welbeck.

Everyting Airie.

Stick that up your arse Arsene.

+ Roo aint exactly an old @#%&! - carlos is 25 in feb (should that matter get sorted) - and Ron, for now.

Unread 25-01-2009, 12:50 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Fabio was wonderful. I had a big shit eating grin every time he got the ball.

Tosic impressed me too. Whipped in a fantastic free kick.
Top post. Aside from the shit bit

Unread 25-01-2009, 12:51 AM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Top post. Aside from the shit bit
big shit!

Unread 25-01-2009, 10:06 AM
Spiffy

When I saw him playing yesterday I thought to myself that SAF is a master of blooding youngsters. By the time they reach 25, they have had experience numerous times of playing in important games, the Premier League and usually have more European appearances than players retiring.

Unread 25-01-2009, 11:06 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
... Will he stay as a full back though? He will find it hard to displace Evra, but looks that he could provide a similar style as a back up...

Given the fact that they both like to bomb forward, I can see either Evra or Fabio in a left midfield role. That is one of them is the full back, one of them is the left midfielder. Also, given the fact that now we'll always want to win 4 competitions each season there is plenty of scope to rotate these players and still keep them all happy...

... that is until they realise that their dream is to play in the white of real madrid....

Unread 25-01-2009, 11:10 AM
borsuk

Quote:
With all these exciting youngsters at the club, don't expect Fergie to retire for another 5 years.

Unread 25-01-2009, 11:49 AM
Glitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jizza Jazza
Given the fact that they both like to bomb forward, I can see either Evra or Fabio in a left midfield role. That is one of them is the full back, one of them is the left midfielder. Also, given the fact that now we'll always want to win 4 competitions each season there is plenty of scope to rotate these players and still keep them all happy...

... that is until they realise that their dream is to play in the white of real madrid....
Evra gets into some brilliant goalscoring positions but never plays it...he always passes to someone else. Most unselfish player ever.

Unread 25-01-2009, 12:19 PM
wonky no

i can see problems though. i wouldn't be surprised if the foreigner rule came in in the next two years. evra, fabio, vida, rafeal, anderson, nani, park, tosic, berbs, tevez (tba), fletcher and nutsack with giggs, scholes, VDS and nev probably retiring we'll have foster, hargreaves, carrick, rooney remaining.
Closed Thread