United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 25-05-2023, 02:48 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
I thought sheets had been dried and ironed by now. Clearly not.

The week leading up to the cup final are going to be hard for some.
I must be one of the few buzzing for the cup final

Unread 25-05-2023, 02:54 PM
Patty_b

Tonight will be the best they've played in months. Still a win though, 2-1.

Unread 25-05-2023, 02:55 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
I must be one of the few buzzing for the cup final
It’s a bonus game. We’re expected to lose. No pressure. Can’t wait.

Unread 25-05-2023, 03:30 PM
est.1878

Last time I looked was meant to be full sun blue skies

Looks like it's gonna be thunder and lightning any minute rn

Holding firm on shorts no matter what. Would like to know if nofun is leaving the windjammer at home

Unread 25-05-2023, 03:40 PM
wiganste

Already selected my shorts for this evening. Does look a bit grim though

Unread 25-05-2023, 03:45 PM
believe

I honestly can’t work out if we’re talking about the weather in Manchester or not.

Unread 25-05-2023, 04:25 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878
Last time I looked was meant to be full sun blue skies

Looks like it's gonna be thunder and lightning any minute rn

Holding firm on shorts no matter what. Would like to know if nofun is leaving the windjammer at home
Was planning on a light wool v neck sweater but not leaving home until 7pm so will make my decision at 6.45pm

Shorts not under consideration

Unread 25-05-2023, 04:27 PM
puressence

3-1 pants off Casemiro Bruno late garnashers

Unread 25-05-2023, 04:39 PM
est.1878

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Already selected my shorts for this evening. Does look a bit grim though
Confessional : bottled the shorts last minute. Looks like hurricane season rn

Quote:
Originally Posted by no fun
Was planning on a light wool v neck sweater but not leaving home until 7pm so will make my decision at 6.45pm

Shorts not under consideration
Please update no later than 650. Could always partridge waist the sweater?

Unread 25-05-2023, 04:42 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by est.1878

Please update no later than 650. Could always partridge waist the sweater?
Will do

Sweater tied round waist plays havoc with the sleeve density…it’s a minefield

Unread 25-05-2023, 04:49 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
Just a point against a terrible Chelsea side and the mighty Mason Mount, shouldn’t be too difficult or will United do what they do best and make it as difficult as possible?
smart money is on a draw, despite chelsea being shit and having nothing riding on it (although some will have you believe a win means victory for ineos and mason mount is a red, which might make them throw it).

however, we need to win, not draw. the last thing we need is to start next season early by £#%&!ing up a cl qualifier. although... it might be the best thing we could do. ship in talent on the back of a cl offer, then have no midweek distractions as we romp the league. :0)

just £#%&!ing win, you bastards.

Unread 25-05-2023, 04:58 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
smart money is on a draw, despite chelsea being shit and having nothing riding on it (although some will have you believe a win means victory for ineos and mason mount is a red, which might make them throw it).

however, we need to win, not draw. the last thing we need is to start next season early by £#%&!ing up a cl qualifier. although... it might be the best thing we could do. ship in talent on the back of a cl offer, then have no midweek distractions as we romp the league. :0)

Fourth place haven’t needed a qualifier for at least two seasons

Unread 25-05-2023, 05:01 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
3-1 pants off Casemiro Bruno late garnashers
Would take that now.

Unread 25-05-2023, 05:19 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

Do you even champions league brah ? There's no qualifiers

Unread 25-05-2023, 05:35 PM
Dr Stranger

I’d quite like to finish 3rd rather than 4th too.

Unread 25-05-2023, 05:39 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Last league piss soaking of the season before attention switches to the cup. Winning tonight by two goal margin, will be a comfortable evening (outside of the match thread)
I agree that Chealsea side is probobly their worst since the early 80's & whist I fully expect them to treat it as a cup final, United should still be more than capable of winning by at least a couple of goals, as have quite rightly predicted

Unread 25-05-2023, 05:41 PM
Ethers

Don’t understand why anyone would be arsed about 3rd at this point tbh. The cup final is much more important. Get the point tonight then play the kids the last game, £#%&! 3rd

Unread 25-05-2023, 05:44 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Hill
I agree that Chealsea side is probobly their worst since the early 80's & whist I fully expect them to treat it as a cup final, United should still be more than capable of winning by at least a couple of goals, as have quite rightly predicted
I don’t know why this made me laugh as much as it did.

Eagerly awaiting team news before I decide on staying up.

Unread 25-05-2023, 05:49 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
I’d quite like to finish 3rd rather than 4th too.
Yes so would I, particuly considering everyone in the press/media have talking for the past 3 weeks as if, Newcastle had 3rd place in the bag.

Unread 25-05-2023, 06:21 PM
MagnificentSeven

we won't have a better chance to beat chelsea than tonight. we're at home, they've been having a dogshit season. a draw will do but we can achieve much more than that.