United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 05-04-2023, 08:40 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Shaw off. No loss. Don't think he's passed it forwards yet.
hasn't had to. he's run through them like a hot knife through butter. £#%&! me... if you are complaining about shaw on this performance, there is no hope for you.

as for "no loss", we'll see. mighty mouse has a lot to prove.

Sparky***

Antony how wide do you think the goal is?

jem

I think bruno might need glasses.

Unread 05-04-2023, 08:41 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Antony how wide do you think the goal is?
Can’t put one at goal at all.

Unread 05-04-2023, 08:41 PM
windy waffles

How predicable from the most predictable player in the country...

Unread 05-04-2023, 08:44 PM
Sparky***

The Scottish Player you are terminally thick aren’t you

Unread 05-04-2023, 08:44 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
hasn't had to. he's run through them like a hot knife through butter. £#%&! me... if you are complaining about shaw on this performance, there is no hope for you.

as for "no loss", we'll see. mighty mouse has a lot to prove.
More like hot podgy fingers through lard.

Unread 05-04-2023, 08:45 PM
RedNick80

A booking for ‘intent’ now.

Unread 05-04-2023, 08:48 PM
jem

not much point sitting a defender on his arse if you can't cross or shoot.

toney v malacia. it's lucky the £#%&!ing donkey decided to wrestle with him.

Unread 05-04-2023, 08:49 PM
NedKelly

Pleased with that first half. Rashford and Antony are playing some great stuff. Would probably bring Tony M on early in the second half if Sancho insists on being invisible.

Unread 05-04-2023, 08:52 PM
Dr Stranger

Not perfect, but a LOT better than what we’ve seen. Goal settled them down. Brentford weirdly off it, although they are a bit hit and Miss away.

Kill it off second half, please. No fuss, no dramas.

Unread 05-04-2023, 08:52 PM
Dasilvatwins

Decent half, grew into it, we need to get the second goal early or at the very least just control the game at the start of the second half. Don’t let them back in, kill the game and any second half momentum they may have .

Would like to see more from Sancho and Antony , The Scottish Players poor passing range means Bruno has to drop deep.

Unread 05-04-2023, 08:54 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Decent half, grew into it, we need to get the second goal early or at the very least just control the game at the start of the second half. Don’t let them back in, kill the game and any second half momentum they may have .

Would like to see more from Sancho and Antony , The Scottish Players poor passing range means Bruno has to drop deep.
We’ll get edgy if we don’t get that second too.

Unread 05-04-2023, 08:55 PM
ZiggyStardust

Good controlled performance

Was getting pissed off with our lack of clear goal scoring opportunities until Rashford scored
Brilliant finish

We still don’t have someone out wide who strikes fear into the opposition when they get the ball
Nice ball players but they’re never going by their man

Get a 2nd and it should be comfy
Brentford have surprised me with how poor they have been
How have they gone 16 PL games with only one defeat

It’s clearly physiological with this team because there is no reason we shouldn’t be able to control games away from home like this

Unread 05-04-2023, 08:56 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
We’ll get edgy if we don’t get that second too.
Maybe switch Antony and Sancho for 5-10 mins. Sancho doesn’t cross from the left and wants to dribble through everything and Antony doesn’t cross from the right and wants to shoot at every given opportunity .

Tbh I don’t mind it from Antony, as long as he isn’t wasting chances , you want your attacking players to shoot and try to score.

Sancho needs to start imposing himself on the game, even if it’s a case of getting to the byline and crossing back, or just give and go for the 1-2 .

Don’t like it when he holds onto the ball just to try to dribble through 2/3 players.

Unread 05-04-2023, 08:56 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
Maybe switch Antony and Sancho for 5-10 mins. Sancho doesn’t cross from the left and wants to dribble through everything and Antony doesn’t cross from the right and wants to shoot at every given opportunity .

Tbh I don’t mind it from Antony, as long as he isn’t wasting chances , you want your attacking players to shoot and try to score .
He crossed with his right foot and we nearly scored.

Unread 05-04-2023, 08:59 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
He crossed with his right foot and we nearly scored.
One cross. he should be doing it more. I think he will get his goal as he looks to be a stubborn player. I don’t mind him shooting , as long as it’s not at the expense of playing in a much more obvious pass to a player which so far it hasn’t.

Unread 05-04-2023, 09:02 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
Pleased with that first half. Rashford and Antony are playing some great stuff. Would probably bring Tony M on early in the second half if Sancho insists on being invisible.
bit harsh. he's done some nice little jinks. there was one through ball that, had it been martial, he would have got five yards behind the defence, but.... compared to the week-end, sancho has redeem himself a little. martial for sancho and pellistri for The Scottish Player after an hour will do me.

Unread 05-04-2023, 09:02 PM
Dr Stranger

And get The Scottish Player off before he gets sent off.

Unread 05-04-2023, 09:07 PM
Sparky***

Wouldn’t a nice fuss free comfortable 2-0 win be something eh?