United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-04-2019, 10:55 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Seems like a lot of people think Mourinho was right to want to sell Pogba and Martial last summer?
Just the usual reactionary #@&%!s who expected us to roll into the Nou Camp and win 3-0 :£#%&!er:

We’re seeing the hangover from the miserable Portuguese @#%&!, after the initial jubilation of him leaving, his ‘standards’ have come home to roost with everyone absolutely £#%&!ed after being expected to actually run for a few months.

Unread 17-04-2019, 11:01 AM
messhead

Quote:
Oh sure - they're our 2 best players. But then I'm not a 2 time Champions League winner and PL, Serie A and la Liga winner who trained these players for 2 years so I'm unlikely to be in the best position the judge.
Well I've won countless Champions League titles and various different leagues across Europe, not just with the big spending teams either; this year alone I led Brentford to European domination within 3 seasons of taking over. And let me tell you, Martial is a wonderful addition to any attacking side. His potential is 90. Shouldn't be selling him.

Unread 17-04-2019, 11:05 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Well I've won countless Champions League titles and various different leagues across Europe, not just with the big spending teams either; this year alone I led Brentford to European domination within 3 seasons of taking over. And let me tell you, Martial is a wonderful addition to any attacking side. His potential is 90. Shouldn't be selling him.
My great Napoli team who won the CL three years in a row were nothing to be sniffed at either.

Sadly Cannavaro, Thuram et. al, are long retired.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Just the usual reactionary #@&%!s who expected us to roll into the Nou Camp and win 3-0 :£#%&!er:

We’re seeing the hangover from the miserable Portuguese @#%&!, after the initial jubilation of him leaving, his ‘standards’ have come home to roost with everyone absolutely £#%&!ed after being expected to actually run for a few months.
You don't think Woodward should have listened to the manager who had just achieved comfortably United's best league position since Ferguson? The most decorated manager in the game? The guy who took an unfancied Inter to the Nou Camp and destroyed Barca in their pomp?

No Woodward probably knew best.

Unread 17-04-2019, 11:11 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
I'm not saying you're wrong, it's just a very risky strategy that's all. It feels like this year is a key turning point. They'd have to get the replacements absolutely 100% spot on. Do you really trust Woodward to do that? I don't.

Exactly. It is risky.

Every change of manager is a turning point and here we are again.

The number one thing that needs to change (apart from getting rid of the cancer that is our ownership) is that our managers should be allowed to manage and they should be backed in the transfer market. We can scoff and ridicule any of the previous managers but I don’t think one of them has been allowed to assemble the team they want and therefore, have been managing with one hand tied behind their back.

We thought it was dithering Dave’s fault with Kroos and Alcantara etc, then lvg was “gifted” with di Maria, Falcao and Schwein. Then Mou was denied players he wanted and handed several players he didn’t want. Bit of a pattern here. It won’t change. These @#%&!s don’t want a successful team. They want a profitable business. The missus has just said to me “oh, it’s all about money”... well, we bring in more of the stuff than any other club but it’s all going in the back pockets of these @#%&!s.

If someone had predicted this, along with the Berts lottery win back around 2006 .....

Unread 17-04-2019, 11:12 AM
dunk

Quote:
My great Napoli team who won the CL three years in a row were nothing to be sniffed at either.

Sadly Cannavaro, Thuram et. al, are long retired.

You don't think Woodward should have listened to the manager who had just achieved comfortably United's best league position since Ferguson? The most decorated manager in the game? The guy who took an unfancied Inter to the Nou Camp and destroyed Barca in their pomp?

No Woodward probably knew best.
I know Mourinho didn’t know best, or have the best interests of the club at heart. You need to get off his dick.

Unread 17-04-2019, 11:14 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
I know Mourinho didn’t know best, or have the best interests of the club at heart. You need to get off his dick.
Do you think you know more about managing a football team than Mourinho?

Unread 17-04-2019, 11:29 AM
Coracao

Quote:

Reactionary would be saying to bin him after a couple of months. He's almost had 3 seasons back here. Plenty of time for people to make a call.

Unread 17-04-2019, 11:32 AM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
We need 5 new players. Pogba, for all his flaws has been one of the best midfielders in the league this season and is going to be close to 20 goals. I don't fancy replacing that on top of what we already have to do.

I don't think selling our best player is a very good idea tbh.
It depends on what the player wants. If he wants to leave we’d be better off doing it quickly.

Unread 17-04-2019, 11:34 AM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Reactionary would be saying to bin him after a couple of months. He's almost had 3 seasons back here. Plenty of time for people to make a call.
Most people aren't questioning his talent either. Just his appalling attitude and how he shrinks whenever things aren't going his way. So far the only time he's thrived in his career was in a Juve side that had Pirlo, one of the greatest midielders of his generation, making things tick. And a great team around him in general. So we either spend hundreds of millions investing in the team, or we sell him and use the money to invest even more into the team. Whatever we do, we have to spend now. It's the only way we get ourselves back on top.

Unread 17-04-2019, 11:36 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Incredibly short sighted people tbh.

I don’t much care at this point. Sell the lot of them. But the speed to round on Pogba all the time for not ‘bossing the game’ and such shit is laughable.

Unread 17-04-2019, 11:38 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Incredibly short sighted people tbh.

I don’t much care at this point. Sell the lot of them. But the speed to round on Pogba all the time for not ‘bossing the game’ and such shit is laughable.
I think it is short sighted not considering getting rid of him. Opinions.

Unread 17-04-2019, 11:47 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

He's a major reason why we have a fighting chance of getting CL football next season.

Put him in a proper team and judge, not when he's being captained by Ashley ****** Young

The focus should be on getting rid of the players who are losing us games, not the ones who can win us them.

Unread 17-04-2019, 11:52 AM
AK14

Tbh I didn’t think he was that bad last night...

I thought the midfield played well and did ok, the problem was at either end of the pitch where Rashford failed in a one on one (again) and Dave threw the ball in the net (and Ashley Young happened).

But we can’t have a player who’s agent is constantly flirting with other clubs, it just creates a bad atmosphere and if that’s going to continue he needs to go imo.

Unread 17-04-2019, 11:54 AM
Ranier Wolfcastle

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Tbh I didn’t think he was that bad last night...

I thought the midfield played well and did ok, the problem was at either end of the pitch where Rashford failed in a one on one (again) and Dave threw the ball in the net (and Ashley Young happened).

But we can’t have a player who’s agent is constantly flirting with other clubs, it just creates a bad atmosphere and if that’s going to continue he needs to go imo.
We did pretty well in Ronnie's last few years when he wanted away pretty publicly. Became the best team in the world iirc.

Unread 17-04-2019, 11:55 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranier Wolfcastle
We did pretty well in Ronnie's last few years when he wanted away pretty publicly. Became the best team in the world iirc.
He delivered most weeks tho

Unread 17-04-2019, 11:56 AM
messhead

Quote:
Ronaldo was an anomaly in that his desire to play for a different club never massively impacted what he was doing on the pitch. He always wants to be the best player on the pitch. I don't think Pogba cares.

Unread 17-04-2019, 11:56 AM
redhegemony

need to work out his best position - we need a system that accommodates him.

Unread 17-04-2019, 11:57 AM
messhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by redhegemony
need to work out his best position - we need a system that accommodates him.
Agreed. He's only been here 2 and a half years. He needs more time.

Unread 17-04-2019, 11:57 AM
Big Norm

Quote:
Originally Posted by messhead
Ronaldo was an anomaly in that his desire to play for a different club never massively impacted what he was doing on the pitch. He always wants to be the best player on the pitch. I don't think Pogba cares.
Which should be reason enough in itself to consider selling him should it not.

Unread 17-04-2019, 11:59 AM
AK14

Quote:
Not sure if serious...

We also had about 5 other world class players in the team and not the likes of Ashley Young, Chris Smalling and Phill Jones.

Let’s never compare Ronaldo and Pogba ever again too.
Closed Thread