United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-12-2012, 02:49 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
Agree. Evans has hardly been outstanding. Anyone with any sort of physical presence, bullies the £#%&! out of him.
i remember wes brown on his debut at old trafford absolutely dominating jimmy floyd hasselbaink when he was at leeds. owned him.

if evans ever managed anything even remotely approaching that i should imagine some @#%&!s on here would want his statue shoved in between best, charlton and law outside the east stand.

Unread 22-12-2012, 04:42 AM
rafabio

meh

Unread 22-12-2012, 05:33 AM
M-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
i remember wes brown on his debut at old trafford absolutely dominating jimmy floyd hasselbaink when he was at leeds. owned him.

if evans ever managed anything even remotely approaching that i should imagine some @#%&!s on here would want his statue shoved in between best, charlton and law outside the east stand.
yes, we hate non mancs obvious isnt it.

you fackin laadan pony...

Unread 22-12-2012, 09:08 AM
Stickman

Like Evans, very comfortable bringing it out from the back and a nastier @#%&! than he gets discredit for.

He still has mistakes in him but they've been far less frequent the last year.

Unread 22-12-2012, 09:17 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Yes, he's played an integral part of our rock solid defence which pissed the title away last season and has so far managed to concede a record amount of goals. 14 in 7 away games.

Well done Jonny! here's your contract!
Hyper bowl aside, we lost Vidic early last season and Evans came in and has virtually been an ever present since. He's played very well overall. United's woes stem from having no midfield, not him.

Unread 22-12-2012, 10:44 AM
dunk

Quote:

What, like dominating Drogba at Stamford Bridge?

Unread 22-12-2012, 11:20 AM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
What, like dominating Drogba at Stamford Bridge?
Yup

Unread 22-12-2012, 11:48 AM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Hyper bowl aside, we lost Vidic early last season and Evans came in and has virtually been an ever present since. He's played very well overall. United's woes stem from having no midfield, not him.
This.

He had that awful year culminating in him getting bossed by Carlton Cole in that league cup defeat. He was in bits at that stage and once we signed Smalling it looked like the end for him. That he has racked up the appearances from there is testament to his character and he's in now at a time when there is New keeper transition and our two main centre backs are in and out the side. Those are tough formative years (which they still are, he's way off his peak yet). He £#%&!s up, sure, but that didn't stop the likes of Wes Brown forging a long and successful career here. and at least Evans can be relied on more re injuries.

I don't think he's a great defender and I think Smalling is a better player in the making. But for now, he is worthy of his place and unless we're going to sell him (which would be daft) a New contract was always likely.

A good lad and a good defender who has and will serve us well. Not everyone can be Stam!

Unread 22-12-2012, 12:07 PM
borsuk

Quote:
yep

evans stood out in the reserves, looked a far better player than pique, then had a slump for a season, now looks like he's back to near his best. very underrated footballer as well, good distribution from the back.

Unread 22-12-2012, 12:07 PM
History

Quote:
So is it the midfields fault we are woefully poor at defending set pieces? Reading summed him up. Got completely dominated for both corners.

Unread 22-12-2012, 12:14 PM
rebelcountyred

Thumbs up

Quote:

what a player he was £#%&!ing brilliant until all those injuries took thei toll, golden brown

Unread 22-12-2012, 12:20 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by History
So is it the midfields fault we are woefully poor at defending set pieces? Reading summed him up. Got completely dominated for both corners.
It wasn't Evans at fault at Reading ffs. Both balls came into the 6 yard box and the 'goalkeeper' was rooted to his line.

Unread 22-12-2012, 12:23 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Quote:

evans would probably be twice the player if he played in spain where physical contact is minimal.

Unread 22-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Albert Tatlock

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
This.

He had that awful year culminating in him getting bossed by Carlton Cole in that league cup defeat. He was in bits at that stage and once we signed Smalling it looked like the end for him. That he has racked up the appearances from there is testament to his character and he's in now at a time when there is New keeper transition and our two main centre backs are in and out the side. Those are tough formative years (which they still are, he's way off his peak yet). He £#%&!s up, sure, but that didn't stop the likes of Wes Brown forging a long and successful career here. and at least Evans can be relied on more re injuries.

I don't think he's a great defender and I think Smalling is a better player in the making. But for now, he is worthy of his place and unless we're going to sell him (which would be daft) a New contract was always likely.

A good lad and a good defender who has and will serve us well. Not everyone can be Stam!
word. yhgr

Unread 22-12-2012, 12:51 PM
dunk

Quote:

Thinking about it, it was O'Shea who had Hasselbaink in his pocket on his debut, and it was at Stamford Bridge. Brown came into the side at RB, made his debut against Wimbledon or someone like that, nearly scored a 25 yard rasper IIRC...

Unread 22-12-2012, 01:18 PM
silv

Evans is so comfortable in possession as well.

He is a brilliant backup. Just look at the shite other teams have in back up.

Who would you rather have as 3rd choice cb sparky?

Unread 22-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Thinking about it, it was O'Shea who had Hasselbaink in his pocket on his debut, and it was at Stamford Bridge. Brown came into the side at RB, made his debut against Wimbledon or someone like that, nearly scored a 25 yard rasper IIRC...
well i don't remember that, but i'm talking about Leeds at old trafford may 1998. pretty sure it was a bank holiday monday. Arsenal had won the title on sunday.

brown came on as a sub and was very impressive.

Unread 22-12-2012, 01:26 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
well i don't remember that, but i'm talking about Leeds at old trafford may 1998. pretty sure it was a bank holiday monday. Arsenal had won the title on sunday.

brown came on as a sub and was very impressive.
Don't you remember Evans 1st proper run in the side either then? Wasn't it during that run where we didn't concede a goal for a million minutes? 2008/09 I think.

Unread 22-12-2012, 01:29 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by silv
Evans is so comfortable in possession as well.

He is a brilliant backup. Just look at the shite other teams have in back up.

Who would you rather have as 3rd choice cb sparky?
Quote:
Don't you remember Evans 1st proper run in the side either then? Wasn't it during that run where we didn't concede a goal for a million minutes? 2008/09 I think.
your standards are shockingly low of a manchester united defender.

Unread 22-12-2012, 01:30 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
your standards are shockingly low of a manchester united defender.
They really aren't. More the case yours are impossibly high.
Closed Thread