United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-12-2012, 04:07 PM
Mr_Ed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Article in the Star today basically calling him a useless deluded egotistical @#%&!. They've knocked up a photoshop of his head on David Brent's body to accompany the piece too.
Linkage?

Unread 18-12-2012, 04:08 PM
forwardirektion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Article in the Star today basically calling him a useless deluded egotistical @#%&!. They've knocked up a photoshop of his head on David Brent's body to accompany the piece too.
Mr Ferguson getting his press hounds to attack Brendon as he is scared by his philosophy

Unread 18-12-2012, 06:44 PM
£#%&! KFC

just saw the goals from their massacre by Villa....Gerrrard celebrating his 'goa'l even though they were 3-0 down at the time

Unread 18-12-2012, 10:16 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
just saw the goals from their massacre by Villa....Gerrrard celebrating his 'goa'l even though they were 3-0 down at the time
leader

Unread 18-12-2012, 10:18 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
leader
it wasn't even his goal it deflected off him

Unread 18-12-2012, 11:15 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

he might well crash and burn them this year, 12th and they are no better then anything above them, with their arse hanging just above 16th. could well get dragged in to a relegation battle

Unread 19-12-2012, 12:04 AM
M-13

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
he might well crash and burn them this year, 12th and they are no better then anything above them, with their arse hanging just above 16th. could well get dragged in to a relegation battle
Hopefully with Newcastle who are looking that way too.

Unread 22-12-2012, 09:20 AM
djsst

Unread 22-12-2012, 09:38 AM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsst
Lusitania!

Unread 23-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Switching Off

Quote:
Reports Daniel Sturridge trying to stipulate where Brendan Rodgers should play him before he's even signed. Good luck with that one.

Unread 24-12-2012, 04:33 PM
KenwrightsWallet

"It was complacency." he says, "All week, you couldn't avoid it, the radio...the papers...everyone saying that Liverpool could be top four, and everyone's feeling that, and everyone's thinking that. And the Friday before the game, the atmosphere here was fantastic. But there are a lot of inexperienced players in our group, and they're hearing these things, and no matter what you tell them, they're believing it, but you have to go through experiences, to realise that no matter what people say, think or do, you have to graft. We never got the goal early on, and then when we went behind, we just didn't have the intensity or the aggression in our game."

What really riled him, however, was seeing fans leaving Anfield with still 20 minutes to go.

"It was probably as disappointed as I've been. We're not always going to get the results, it happens in football. But the one thing I never, ever want to see, is the home supporters walking out of Anfield, with fifteen, twenty minutes to go. That's not acceptable. It's not acceptable that they don't believe we're going to get something from the game. That was something that hurt."

Unread 24-12-2012, 04:39 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenwrightsWallet
"It was complacency." he says, "All week, you couldn't avoid it, the radio...the papers...everyone saying that Liverpool could be top four, and everyone's feeling that, and everyone's thinking that. And the Friday before the game, the atmosphere here was fantastic. But there are a lot of inexperienced players in our group, and they're hearing these things, and no matter what you tell them, they're believing it, but you have to go through experiences, to realise that no matter what people say, think or do, you have to graft. We never got the goal early on, and then when we went behind, we just didn't have the intensity or the aggression in our game."

What really riled him, however, was seeing fans leaving Anfield with still 20 minutes to go.

"It was probably as disappointed as I've been. We're not always going to get the results, it happens in football. But the one thing I never, ever want to see, is the home supporters walking out of Anfield, with fifteen, twenty minutes to go. That's not acceptable. It's not acceptable that they don't believe we're going to get something from the game. That was something that hurt."

It was that #@&%! who midweek before that game said they could get into the top two that got everybody going on about top 4 in the first place

What a #@&%! smoker

Unread 24-12-2012, 05:28 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:

You can question Rogers's managerial capabilities if you want, I'll give you that, but one thing I don't think anyone can dispute is his mastery of the rhetorical arts. Very few managers in the history of the sport, let alone alive today, let alone in such circumstances, could speak with such ferocious passion and moving eloquence, and all so tightly bonded to the service of reason. Truly, he stands amongst men as a lion does amongst the lesser beasts. And not yet in his fourth decade. Phenomenal.

Unread 24-12-2012, 05:40 PM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serenity Now
You can question Rogers's managerial capabilities if you want, I'll give you that, but one thing I don't think anyone can dispute is his mastery of the rhetorical arts. Very few managers in the history of the sport, let alone alive today, let alone in such circumstances, could speak with such ferocious passion and moving eloquence, and all so tightly bonded to the service of reason. Truly, he stands amongst men as a lion does amongst the lesser beasts. And not yet in his fourth decade. Phenomenal.

Please tell me this is irony and sarcasm.

Unread 24-12-2012, 05:46 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours

Please tell me this is irony and sarcasm.
Serenity Now is well known on this forum for his sincerity.

Unread 24-12-2012, 05:48 PM
Serenity Now

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Serenity Now is well known on this forum for his sincerity.
Confirmed. I'm not saying Brendan's a great manager yet, or even that he'll ever be be one, but you can't deny the power and emotional resonance of what he says.

Unread 24-12-2012, 05:50 PM
utd99

Quote:
Confirmed. I'm not saying Brendan's a great manager yet, or even that he'll ever be be one, but you can't deny the power and emotional resonance of what he says.
You may have a point actually. Apparently EVERYONE are tipping them for a top four spot.

:shakehead:

Unread 24-12-2012, 05:52 PM
Mao's Favourite Starling

Quote:
I can just hear him with his downey-tongue and weird accent saying 'neverrrr everrrr want to shee'

Unread 24-12-2012, 06:35 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
And not yet in his fourth decade. Phenomenal.
he's well into his fourth decade

Unread 24-12-2012, 10:26 PM
saffers

Quote:
Closed Thread